U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 09:57 PM

1,637 posts, read 3,592,094 times

Advertisements

I drank it and had it spilled on me when I was 16ish. No thanks. I'm with OpenD. Venice beach still has a couple of good beer places.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2013, 10:04 PM

12,984 posts, read 15,322,633 times
My husband loves it. I suspect what he likes most is the higher alcohol content. He has asked me to stop by the liquor store for him when I'm out and buy a 30 pack and I tell him it might be okay for a guy to buy the stuff, but there is no way in hell I am going to come walking out of a liquor store looking like a white trash woman carrying a 30 pack of The Beast. I mean, I have my dignity!

What's that saying? "There's no accounting for taste."

Old 05-07-2013, 10:12 PM

7,541 posts, read 16,351,968 times
Nasty stuff! Id rather drink a cold 40 if Mickeys

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Old 05-08-2013, 06:35 PM

29,125 posts, read 21,965,509 times
If Milwaukee's Best is Milwaukee's best, I'd just as soon avoid Milwaukee beer.

That said, I do like PBR and the occasional MGD.

Old 05-11-2013, 02:00 AM

12,663 posts, read 13,961,894 times
Drank the stuff exactly twice in my life. Neither time I had much say in the matter. It was either deal with the beast, or don't drink at all. Well, I guess a dance with the beast is better than a dry evening with the crew so...

What I noticed... Low ABV content, which practically requires you to drink a few to notice you've consumed an alcoholic beverage. The other inconvenience... Made me gassy the next day. I usually don't get beer farts, so maybe it was my sphincter telling me not to drink crappy beer again. Heck, I'd rather drink Old English before messing with MB again. The taste itself just seemed to have slight sewage notes in the background that was all but unique to this particular beverage.

There's cheap beer, and then there's complete swill that should only be reserved for novelty sake. There is good cheap beer. I personally don't mind Miller high life, PBR, Schlitz, Rolling Rock... Not only are those tolerable, but they are actually pleasant if you plan to drink a few at a sitting. There's nothing pleasent about Milwaukees best in my opinion though. I half way think the name is an attempt at sarcasm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
My husband loves it. I suspect what he likes most is the higher alcohol content.
At a measly 4.2% ABV, one can only ask... What does you husband find appealing about this particular beer? It certainly ain't it's alcohol content, unless he is looking for something a slight step up from non alcoholic beer.

Old 05-11-2013, 11:48 AM

26 posts, read 30,679 times
I'm guessing that her husband drinks Milwaukee's Best Ice, which I don't really care for. It gives me the sh*ts and a headache. It is 5.9%. I much prefer the Premium and I'll even take it over MHL.

If one wants to talk about somethin' nasty, though. If you think that MilBest Premium is nasty...well...try the Light. That stuff IS nasty.

Harrier mentioned PBR. I don't get what ppl see in that. PBR ain't too great, imo.

MGD is good.

btw, I've never seen MilBest in a 30 pak. Only 24 paks. Here, anyways.

Old 05-11-2013, 02:38 PM

5,243 posts, read 2,664,171 times
Do most cheap beers use some other cheaper grain besides barley? Like rice or something?

Old 05-11-2013, 02:49 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,302 posts, read 12,180,791 times
The Breast is just an average, ordinary cheap lager. Neither offensive nor memorable. I'll drink it if I don't have much money but want to knock back a case or so.

Old 05-11-2013, 08:50 PM

12,663 posts, read 13,961,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Shadowcat View Post
Harrier mentioned PBR. I don't get what ppl see in that. PBR ain't too great, imo.
PBR caught on with the young folks, and the hipsters in particular. Around here, it's not uncommon to see a 20-something walking home with a case of PBR in hand. As far as macrobrews go, it is one of my preferred beers. I like it because it has more flavor than typical thin, rice flavored macros. A nice sweet corn flavor that makes it a great choice for session drinking. It was also the beer my grandfather always kept in his refrigerator. It has made quite a comeback in the past 5 years.

Old 05-11-2013, 11:57 PM

1,637 posts, read 3,592,094 times
PBR = instant heartburn for me. Not sure why. I'd drink Lone Star if I was in need of a low priced "retro" hipster beer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or