U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2013, 06:04 PM

22,592 posts, read 12,287,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post

On the other end of the taste spectrum, Ukrainian pepper infused vodka has been around for, oh...500 years. You haven't lived until you have made a Bloody using that stuff. No, it's not just "hot" it has real flavor.

You beat me to it.

Pepper flavored vodkas (such as Absolut Peppar) make great Bloody Marys. You don't have to worry about having horse radish or Tabasco sauce in the house. Just add tomato juice and a squirt of lemon (and a dash of Worcestershire sauce if you have some).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2013, 06:21 PM

3,311 posts, read 3,528,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
You beat me to it.

Pepper flavored vodkas (such as Absolut Peppar) make great Bloody Marys. You don't have to worry about having horse radish or Tabasco sauce in the house. Just add tomato juice and a squirt of lemon (and a dash of Worcestershire sauce if you have some).
I've never seen pepper flavored vodkas. I definitely need to check them out!

Old 12-19-2013, 06:48 PM

12,971 posts, read 23,532,990 times
The problem with flavored vodkas is that they are only good if you are in the mood for that particular flavor. Nothing is as useless as a pepper vodka, for example, when you are in the mood for something minty, let's say, or citrus or tropical. When you start with straight vodka, however, it's easy to take the flavor in a dozen directions.

I've just had a "Xocolatl" cocktail, for example, made with vodka and spicy chocolate bitters. If all I had on hand was pepper vodka it would have ruined the cocktail, and made it too spicy.

Rather than keep a half dozen flavored vodkas on hand, I get variety by keeping one plain vodka in the freezer, plus a dozen different flavor extracts and bitters on the shelf.

Old 12-20-2013, 03:24 AM

2,030 posts, read 4,306,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longnecker View Post
Any body have recipes for flavored vodka??
First thing I made on my 21st birthday. You can order the flasks online. Or use whatever kind of container you want or have.
Jolly Rancher Vodka Tutorial | Mix That Drink

Any candy works, I like to use something that will dissolve completely like jolly ranchers or butterscotch discs. Things like Skittles you will have to strain.

Also check out Candy Booze

Skittles Vodka Tutorial | Mix That Drink

Starburst Vodka Tutorial | Mix That Drink

Quote:
Originally Posted by huffbufer View Post
I cant remember what the brand was but it was a sriracha flavored vodka. This guy wants some

Regards
Huffbufer
Is it this?
http://mms.businesswire.com/media/20...cha_Bottle.jpg
UV makes a lot of different kinds of flavors.

Old 12-20-2013, 09:55 AM

32,308 posts, read 59,575,988 times
Raspberry vodka is good in hot cocoa.

Old 12-20-2013, 06:49 PM

5,640 posts, read 17,278,748 times
My spouse said that when he was in Poland, they made cherry vodka there. and it was really good. I was trying to figure out a way to make it at home. sounds good...
I did try the UV brand, a little sample bottle of the chocolate cake (my daughter talked me into it) and I also got a watermelon flavor (haven't tried yet) or something like that... flavor. It was OK. I like those mini bottles because you can try before you commit to a whole big bottle. But they are hard to locate. I got mine at walmart but they don't have anymore.

Old 12-20-2013, 10:55 PM

36,456 posts, read 41,642,796 times
We got a bottle of peppermint-infused vodka for holiday drinks when we have people over from my fiance's work tomorrow. Tested it tonight, virtually indistinguishable from peppermint schnapps.

Old 12-26-2013, 07:51 PM

12,971 posts, read 23,532,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Tested it tonight, virtually indistinguishable from peppermint schnapps.
No surprise, because that is essentially what peppermint schnapps is... alcohol and peppermint flavoring.

Add some sugar and green coloring you get creme de menthe.

Personally I'd rather keep the vodka and the peppermint flavor separate, in case somebody is in the mood for a Screwdriver, say, or a Bloody Mary, because peppermint doesn't work for either.

I once had someone give me a bottle of Absolut Pear, and it took more than a year to work my way through it, because there were so few tastes that blended well with pear.

Old 12-26-2013, 09:16 PM

13,135 posts, read 20,695,711 times
I've been interested in making flavored vodkas for a while. We vacation regularly in French St. Martin, and after dinner, many restaurants will bring their own infused vodka creation along with the check. I have this bookmarked for ideas:

How To Make Homemade Flavored Vodkas

Old 01-08-2014, 07:27 AM

4,881 posts, read 4,826,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
They aren't all "newfangled" nor are they all aimed at millennials.
Many of the vanilla, cream and "cake" flavored vodkas are popular with women over thirty as a basis for a martini or a sweet drink.

On the other end of the taste spectrum, Ukrainian pepper infused vodka has been around for, oh...500 years. You haven't lived until you have made a Bloody using that stuff. No, it's not just "hot" it has real flavor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.cool View Post
As a "woman over thirty" I can't think of anything much worse than a cake flavored martini.
MMMM....love chocolate martinis made with vanilla vodka, bailey irish cream and godiva chocolate liquer.
This Uki never heard of pepper vodka (but then I don't drink that often) but you are right, it would
be good for a bloody mary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages