Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 11:46 AM

689 posts, read 2,051,273 times

Advertisements

We love microbrews, especially here in the Pacific northwest. Our favorites are from Silver City Restaurant and Brewery in Silverdale, Wa. We occasionally buy some for home but mostly we drink it at the restaurant.
Indianola Pale Ale, Ridgetop Red, Fat, Fred (combo of Fat and Red), MacFarlane's Scotch Ale and Whoop Pass Double IPA are our favorites.

For drinking at home: Sierra Nevada, Alaskan Amber and Tequiza. We call the Tequiza a "lawnmower beer." It's best when you've been working outside in the heat and the beer's been in the freezer for 30 minutes.

Wine: Most reds, gerwurtzraminer and Freixenet champagne.

Spirits: My husband loves single malt Scotch. Also gin/tonic and bourbon/water.

A quote from the bar mirror at River City in Wichita, Ks:
"People who drink light beer don't really like the taste of beer, they just like to pee a lot."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2017, 02:46 PM

16 posts, read 10,165 times
Vodka with lemon.

Old 01-03-2018, 08:43 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,488,634 times
I have been into IPA's for the last several months. These are some of my favorites: Stone IPA, Ballast Point Grapefruit Sculpin IPA, Deschutes Fresh Squeezed IPA, Honolulu Beerworks Hop Island IPA.

Old 01-04-2018, 07:48 AM

126,149 posts, read 18,891,885 times
I have been enjoying calendar beer from around the world. What a great gift.

Whenever I get a chance I get one of my favorites La Fin Du Monde a Tripel style beer brewed by Unibroue in Chambly/ Quebec/Canada.

Old 01-05-2018, 08:59 AM

45 posts, read 56,988 times
I mostly drink Cabernet, don't judge, but I usually buy a box of Bota or an organic one from California that I can't think of at the moment. I can just have a glass and it stays fresh.

For Beer - Bass Ale, or Piraat Belgian Ale.

I am just starting to drink Ciders, some New England locals from Bantam, Rojo or Wunderkind. I like tart, not so sweet so suggestions would be great!

Not really into hard liquor, but I do enjoy a bloody mary now and then.

Old 01-05-2018, 11:33 AM

1,227 posts, read 2,058,383 times
I drink all sorts of things! I especially enjoy Mott's clamatos like the pickled bean version, stouts, porters and some brown ales, good wine, digestives like Disaronno, cider, margaritas...

Old 01-05-2018, 10:08 PM

510 posts, read 367,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
This thread is for the drinkers.

What are you into these days.

I've been pretty much a beer (Heine, Corona, Stella, pretty much all the imported ones I like) Gin (Tanqueray, and Bombay mostly) and Jack Daniels guy most of my drinking life but lately I've been getting a lot more into wine and Crown Royal (this stuff is really tasty).

What are you guys into?

For over a year, Big Sipper Red Wine, Napa, CA. Available only at totalwine.com/ 5 L $9.99+ tax. If you don't have Total Wine in your state, closest equivalent I've found is Franzia Dark Red Blend, $15-$20 5 L.

It's fair, but the trick to make it excellent is to add a favorite beverage. I do 3 parts wine, 1 part water, and 1 part cranberry juice which I think has grape juice plus apple juice Ocean Spray 100% juice.

If you try this and like it, please post. Many want the effect of alcohol, but they have trouble finding the taste that is right for them. Best wishes.

Old 01-06-2018, 12:50 PM

77,772 posts, read 104,226,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I love the Bears View Post
I'm in PA - where else other than Ohio can I get Trader Joe's wines?
At least you have Trader Joe's. We aren't that lucky. We are hoping; they are getting closer all the time.

Now, what is our drink these days?
Well for me it is still pretty much Red Wine. My favorite is Melbac, but I like Pinot almost as well.

Summer time I will have a vodka or gin tonic from time to time and don't offer me a martini unless you want to carry me home: I can drink them all day. The only time I drink much of anything else is: when it is really cold I like a brandy after dinner sometimes and on a vacation, mainly a cruise I like a drink of any kind most of the time.

spoiled brat loves his scotch, for a change he drinks a little bourbon and he too, loves his Malbec.

It appears lately the two hot drinks are: Manhattans and Moscow Mules. Or at least around here.

Old 01-06-2018, 10:08 PM

19,335 posts, read 9,418,862 times
Wine
Castello Del Poggio Moscato

Yago or Reál Sangria (depends which bottles of Sangria I can get at the time I run out and have to go to the store to get)

Also fan of various other brands of moscato. Llike the Pinot Grigio, Riesling, others,...

Beer
The occasional beer. I've been enjoying the Shell Raiser Orange (Belgian style wit beer) when we go out to the Greene Turtle. Some of the stouts he's had aren't too bad. Like hefeweizen,

Old 01-06-2018, 10:13 PM

1,884 posts, read 989,069 times
I've got one to top all of yours!

Kefir beer

God, I'm awesome...

Oh yeah, Petite Sirah and Malbec. The best wine I've found is 6 dollars a bottle, no joke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages