Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 10:44 AM

41 posts, read 51,736 times

Advertisements

It also cracks me up when people intentionally seek out one particular brand of crap beer- there have been many blind tests, and people who claim they can taste the difference between crap beer "A" and crap beer "B", simply cannot.

80% of all the beers in the world, are made by breweries owned by two companies: Anheuser-Busch Inbev, and SABMiller. The bulk of all these trendy little pseudo-micro beers consumed by those who don't know any better, are simply more crap beers made by the same two companies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2014, 10:50 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,931,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurn Blanston View Post
which scores a 96 in independent reviews on Beer Advocate.

Old 01-06-2014, 10:56 AM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,730,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
If everyone admitted it, ALL beer tastes like crap!

The truth is everyone has to develop a taste for the awful stuff.

No thanks! I prefer to spend my money on crap vacations.
You are correct! I tell this to everyone, and I typically ask them this..."can or do you like to drink warm beer". Beer in general is not very tasty...I think people have just grown to prefer the taste. If they made beer without alcohol I'm sure only a few people would like it.

I prefer wine, or like you said crap vacations

Old 01-06-2014, 10:59 AM

For someone who wants to step out of their supermarket pale ale comfort zone, there are options.

North Coast's Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout has won numerous awards, and rates a 100 in independent reviews on Rate Beer. It's also less than 10 bucks for a 4-pack. Just be careful, because at 9% alcohol, four of these is the equivalent of about 8 crap beers in terms of alcohol content. Beers like this are typically served at room temperature.

Old 01-06-2014, 11:07 AM

9,724 posts, read 21,227,349 times
For the most part, I guess I like crap beer. More often than not, I'd prefer a Bud to a micro brew. It's what I like. My question to you would be, "Why do you like that expensive crap?" You probably think it tastes better. Fine, then drink it. I like Bud better. Can you let me enjoy it without bashing it or me?

Old 01-06-2014, 11:24 AM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,730,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
For the most part, I guess I like crap beer. More often than not, I'd prefer a Bud to a micro brew. It's what I like. My question to you would be, "Why do you like that expensive crap?" You probably think it tastes better. Fine, then drink it. I like Bud better. Can you let me enjoy it without bashing it or me?
Why would you feel it is a personal attack on you if someone called your beer of choice crap? It's there opinion and everyone is entitled to one. I could careless if you mocked me for drinking a beverage, I'd most likely just ignore you.

Old 01-06-2014, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
See, that's my point. Actual beer, good beer, is readily available for prices not materially higher than that of crap beer. It would be like you walking into a Ford dealership, and telling the salesman that you REALLY like driving, and he tells you today is your lucky day, because the 662-horsepower Supercharged Shelby GT500 is on sale today for the same price as the base-model auto-trans Fiesta 5-door hatchback destined for the rental car fleet- and you choose the Fiesta.

Just out of curiosity, what "micro brew" is it that you prefer "a Bud" over?

And as MJ7 pointed out above, nobody is "bashing" you. We're talking about beer, not your anatomy. You're probably a swell human being, regardless of what you choose to drink.

Old 01-06-2014, 11:35 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,217,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurn Blanston View Post
There are truly world-class beers available for not a lot of money- I pay $7.99 a six-pack for Black Butte Porter from Deschutes Brewery, which scores a 96 in independent reviews on Beer Advocate.

It just seems like a shame to waste perfectly good money on semi-fermented skunk **** flavored rice water, mass-marketed as a potable liquid by some mega-brewery.

Everyone has different tastes and some people do not like the "world class" beers that you do.
For others it is the cost and since it isn't your money others are wasting why do you care?

Old 01-06-2014, 11:36 AM

41,951 posts, read 75,160,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
Did someone wake up on the wrong side of the bed?
Nope. Did you?

One could easily ask the reverse: Why do some people waste so much money on crappy expensive beer? You wouldn't think someone was a little off if they described your personal preference in beer as "crap"?

Everyone has preferences; mine are none of your business, and yours are none of mine.

Of course, if everyone minded their own business about personal preferences, that would reduce the number of threads on City-Data by 98 percent. Which may actually be a good thing.

Old 01-06-2014, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Nope. Did you?

One could easily ask the reverse: Why do some people waste so much money on crappy expensive beer? You wouldn't think someone was a little off if they described your personal preference in beer as "crap"?

Everyone has preferences; mine are none of your business, and yours are none of mine.

Of course, if everyone minded their own business about personal preferences, that would reduce the number of threads on City-Data by 98 percent. Which may actually be a good thing.
And you are free to take your own advice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages