Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 08:55 AM

494 posts, read 1,917,043 times

Advertisements

I know over consumption is bad but how many do you guys drink on a daily basis? I don't drink often but will have 3-4 regular beers on a Saturday and 2 on a Sunday. I do not usually drink during the week but on rare occasions, like yesterday, I may drink upto 4 beers socially (over the course of an entire evening). I never exceed 4, that's my maximum.

would you classify my drinking as nothing to worry about or excessive?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2013, 09:10 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,136,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducviloxi View Post
I know over consumption is bad but how many do you guys drink on a daily basis? I don't drink often but will have 3-4 regular beers on a Saturday and 2 on a Sunday. I do not usually drink during the week but on rare occasions, like yesterday, I may drink upto 4 beers socially (over the course of an entire evening). I never exceed 4, that's my maximum.

No problem at all, probably even healthier than no beer at all.

Old 04-11-2013, 09:46 AM

494 posts, read 1,917,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
No problem at all, probably even healthier than no beer at all.
was just wondering with the experts recommending 1 beer a day and all. It used to be 2 a day for men but I read recently that now they are saying anything more than 1 in a day is excessive.

Old 04-11-2013, 10:41 AM

567 posts, read 1,012,341 times
I drink 2-4 a day depending on my mood.

Old 04-11-2013, 11:35 AM

917 posts, read 2,005,034 times
seems like a lot to me but what do I know? I cant stand beer lol.

Old 04-11-2013, 01:58 PM

3,822 posts, read 9,474,412 times
The "experts" keep changing how much you should drink. Personally I think 3 drinks a day is about right. Have one after work or while cooking dinner. Then have a drink with dinner and then one afterwards. Don't think it's big deal especially if you weigh more than 160 lbs.

The only time beer affects my health is if I drink American-style Pilsner. Give me a Coors, Bud, Miller or what not and I can guarantee that the next day I will be running to the bathroom all morning. That stuff rips me up.

Old 04-11-2013, 10:14 PM

1,631 posts, read 4,224,810 times
I've often heard of beers benefits. When I was a regular drinker I would drink anywhere from 5-7 days a week, multipe craft beers. I did not get sick for a long time. This past October/ November I essentially quit drinking beer for a spell due to some stomach issues that are likely more stress related. During that time I contracted bronchitis twice and was sicker than I had been in 3 years. From what I've heard, hops had anti-oxidants.

Old 04-12-2013, 10:20 AM

16,671 posts, read 15,665,596 times
I drink 2-3 (sometimes 4) beers most days. I don't ever drink beers like Bud, Coors or Miller. Mostly I drink homebrew, but I buy beer too. I usually buy Sam Adams, Saranac, Rogue, Shipyard, or Magic Hat.

Old 04-12-2013, 10:29 AM

28 posts, read 50,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducviloxi View Post

I know people who have zero drinks per week and I also know people who have about 84 or more drinks per week, so I'd say you're on the lower end of the spectrum and since you are able to go five days without a drink it is not likely that drinking beer is a problem or is causing any problems for you.

Old 04-12-2013, 12:02 PM

3,010 posts, read 6,306,296 times
Hard to believe, but I drink beer for the taste and health benefits, no more than 2-3 per day. And I drink alone 95% of the time. In all honesty, I would rather drink beer than a soda.

Given your drinking pattern, you have nothing to worry about. When you do it to excess, to escape problems ,do things you wouldn't do when not partaking and it affects your work and family life, then it's something to take account of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages