U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 09:09 AM

13,308 posts, read 21,863,821 times

Advertisements

For those in this thread who said they like Bailey's in their coffee - have I got news for you! Get a bottle of Frangelico (Italian hazelnut liquer) and splash that into your coffee with the Bailey's. Double your pleasure, double your fun!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2007, 10:23 AM

1,712 posts, read 3,872,653 times
That stuff is awesome

Old 12-29-2007, 12:45 PM

9,905 posts, read 9,276,008 times
Hey virgo ... how did you like Bailey's? I will send you my address and you can send me a bottle for ...uhhhh Easter no make that President's Day cause that's in Feb ... then you can send me a bottle for Easter too!

Old 12-29-2007, 03:14 PM

20,799 posts, read 8,692,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVBurn View Post
My daughter makes Bailey's fudge for the holidays every year..we really look forward to it. It is a great treat with a cup of coffee. Everyone tells her she should make it to sell.

Now we need the recipe...please please please!

Old 12-30-2007, 01:30 PM

915 posts, read 3,968,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Hey virgo ... how did you like Bailey's? I will send you my address and you can send me a bottle for ...uhhhh Easter no make that President's Day cause that's in Feb ... then you can send me a bottle for Easter too!
You kidder, you! You wouldn't believe the amount of bubble wrap that has to be used to ensure intact delivery by mail!

Old 12-30-2007, 01:53 PM

14,489 posts, read 22,337,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiU08 View Post
I have to say that my favorite Baileys concoction is the Irish Car Bomb:

-Shot glass with Baileys and Jameson Irish Whiskey
-Pint glass, about 1/2 full of Guinness

Depth charge the shot glass into the Guinness, and chug fast - tastes unbelievable (like a root beer float with a kick)!!
Sounds like a waste of good Jameson to me, but hey! To each his own. For example, whenever I hear of Baileys, I think of this little concoction, the Bloody Brain:

3/4 oz peach schnapps
Bailey's Irish cream
5 - 7 drops grenadine syrup

Pour peach schnapps into a cordial glass, and gently float bailey's irish cream on top. Add the grenadine, in seperate drops, into the glass. Serve.

The shot of Baileys kind of coagulates and emulsifies and forms a ball in the schnapps, which is clear. Then you pour the grenadine (red) over the top of the Baileys.

Doesn't sound too good? Maybe more of a Halloween drink.

Old 12-30-2007, 07:16 PM

2,493 posts, read 3,257,725 times
Yuck. I don't care for these sweet, creamy alcohol drinks. No offense, but peach schnapps and Bailey's sounds terrible...

Old 12-31-2007, 10:12 AM

352 posts, read 695,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
Now we need the recipe...please please please!

Sorry..I don't have the recipe but, will try to get it and post it soon!

Old 01-04-2008, 07:54 PM

20,799 posts, read 8,692,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVBurn View Post
Sorry..I don't have the recipe but, will try to get it and post it soon!

thanks..................

Sitting here now having hot chocolate with Bailey's....soooooooooo good.

Old 01-04-2008, 08:28 PM

3,885 posts, read 7,343,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
It is fabulous with hot cocoa. I make the real deal with unsweetened cocoa (recipe on Hersheys container), whole milk, and sugar, then add a shot of Baileys in the cup, fill with cocoa, and top with a marshmallow or whipped cream (real of course). Bailey's is very sweet, so you want the semisweetness of the real unsweetened cocoa to balance it out.
This sounds so good! I think my resolution to cut down on sugar may fly out the window. I also find it very easy to get "snockered" on Bailey's. I haven't tried the other brands and think the last time I bought the medium bottle it was $37, but sooo worth it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages