U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you ever gotten bottle service before?
Yes, and it improved my self-esteem 2 4.44%
Yes, and it did not improve my self-esteem 9 20.00%
No. 11 24.44%
What is "bottle service"? 23 51.11%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2014, 08:17 PM

7,653 posts, read 15,331,160 times

Advertisements

I recently asked this question to a bunch of Facebook friends who were on Messenger at the time my curiosity ripened.

About half did not know what it was. These are 20-somethings, too.

Some people said "I wish!"

A few had it before. Nobody ordered it themselves, though.

So, CD, I am asking you, did you at one time or another have the luxury of bottle service?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2014, 08:26 PM

30,324 posts, read 27,784,053 times
If its bottled water the answer is “yes” a number of years ago we had bottled water delivered to the house because we didn’t trust the city water source for good pure drinkable water without chemicals. The problem with bottled water is the heavy weight factor and we bought an in home reverse osmoses water purifier under the kitchen sink…… works very well and filters out most every chemical in the city water.

And if you’re talking about wine at the table when dinning out the answer is “yes” we (at times) will buy a bottle of wine to have with our meal. This isn’t a normal issue however but only on special occurrences otherwise it’s just a glass for each of us.

Old 09-11-2014, 08:28 PM

836 posts, read 856,824 times
Yes, but never had to pay for it. Promoters take care of that. Honestly, I think it is extremely over priced for what it is. $30+ bottles at the liquor store would run you $350+ for that same bottle - oh but with a side of orange and cranberry juice. Big whoop. I would say that it sort of raises esteem when you are in the club. You have your own exclusive table, and bottle server. But I have just as much fun without it.

Now, as a Bottle Server at a club in NYC, I appreciated the 18% automatic gratuity that comes with the bill

Old 09-11-2014, 08:29 PM

836 posts, read 856,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
If its bottled water the answer is “yes” a number of years ago we had bottled water delivered to the house because we didn’t trust the city water source for good pure drinkable water without chemicals. The problem with bottled water is the heavy weight factor and we bought an in home reverse osmoses water purifier under the kitchen sink…… works very well and filters out most every chemical in the city water.

And if you’re talking about wine at the table when dinning out the answer is “yes” we (at times) will buy a bottle of wine to have with our meal. This isn’t a normal issue however but only on special occurrences otherwise it’s just a glass for each of us.
I think he's talking about bottle service at a night club, not necessarily restaurant. Where you have sparklers lit up as the bottle servers take the bottles to your exclusive VIP table.

Old 09-11-2014, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrisce4 View Post
I think he's talking about bottle service at a night club, not necessarily restaurant. Where you have sparklers lit up as the bottle servers take the bottles to your exclusive VIP table.
never heard of it before..............

Old 09-11-2014, 08:54 PM

6,153 posts, read 6,321,355 times
Does having the waiter bring me a cheap bottle of domestic beer count?

Old 09-11-2014, 09:11 PM

39,530 posts, read 47,699,472 times
I had a bottle of beer served to me this evening. Does that count...

Old 09-11-2014, 10:08 PM

I’m a bottle person now but not so much years ago when I was a very little guy.

Old 09-11-2014, 10:20 PM

23,892 posts, read 22,811,117 times
Way back in time the milkman would deliver 3-4 quarts of milk in glass bottle with zinc lids..

I had to look that up... and yes ! On liberty in the Navy 6-8 of us Sailors during Happy Hour would get a pitcher of beer. Fifty Cent during Happy Hour.. mix drinks 25 cents.. Happy Hour was Happy Hour.. The bar tender in Subic Bay had no clue.. 2-3 shots slop some coke in.. Rum & Coke 25 cents.. weeeeeeee

Old 09-12-2014, 12:03 AM

12,446 posts, read 10,894,520 times
I think it's a ridiculous concept, meant more for show than practicality, but you're so totally hip asking friends and strangers if they know what it means - I mean, I'll bet you're so popular and self-esteemy and stuff .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or