U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2014, 01:58 AM

9,838 posts, read 9,734,603 times

Advertisements

I've tried almost all of them, and the vanilla bean, which I'm drinking right now for the first time, is absolutely incredible!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2014, 02:18 PM

260 posts, read 260,115 times
I make my own infusions, and I use Stoli or Smirnoff for that.

Vodka infusion with Peel of 3 lemons is a hit with my friends. I also use various berries. My tarragon and raspberry infusion, does not taste like alcohol ta all.

Old 11-30-2014, 03:04 AM

253 posts, read 303,105 times
I have a question. I bought some Smirnoff flavored vodkas on a whim and don't know what to mix with them. I have raspberry, peach, citrus, blueberry and strawberry. I did buy some raspberry spritzer and used it with the raspberry vodka and it was awful. I couldn't drink it. I want to make some yummy, tasty drinks for the holidays and need suggestions. Sweet and creamy is fine. I do have some half and half in the fridge. I just need some suggestions for what to use as mixers with them.

Old 11-30-2014, 10:19 AM

5,413 posts, read 5,107,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadedlady View Post
I have a question. I bought some flavored vodkas on a whim and don't know what to mix with them. I have raspberry, peach, citrus, blueberry and strawberry. I did buy some raspberry spritzer and used it with the raspberry vodka and it was awful. I couldn't drink it. I want to make some yummy, tasty drinks for the holidays and need suggestions. Sweet and creamy is fine. I do have some half and half in the fridge. I just need some suggestions for what to use as mixers with them.
The Smirnoff ones are not my fave...love regular smirnoff but not the flabored ones...a tad to chemical tasting. You are going to need something stronger than a flavored selzer to work with it. Try regular sodas (for sweetness) and juices like cranberry juice. Cran with peach can be good. Blueberry with a lemonade.

Not sure about using cream....other than to make frozen branded drink if you added some fruit puree but others might have ideas. My use of cream tends to stop at a White Russian.

Old 11-30-2014, 11:28 PM

253 posts, read 303,105 times
Yes, I did notice the chemical type taste. So I think you're on the right track suggesting regular sodas and juice. I'll give that a try. Thanks!

Old 12-01-2014, 09:50 AM

940 posts, read 1,357,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadedlady View Post
I have a question. I bought some Smirnoff flavored vodkas on a whim and don't know what to mix with them. I have raspberry, peach, citrus, blueberry and strawberry. I did buy some raspberry spritzer and used it with the raspberry vodka and it was awful. I couldn't drink it. I want to make some yummy, tasty drinks for the holidays and need suggestions. Sweet and creamy is fine. I do have some half and half in the fridge. I just need some suggestions for what to use as mixers with them.
The smirnoff blueberry + triple sec + cranberry juice is good...it's like a blueberry flavored cosmo.

Old 12-01-2014, 01:12 PM

224 posts, read 266,970 times
How does one go about making an infusion? Toss a bunch of berries in the bottle and sit around anxiously awaiting the goodness?

Old 12-01-2014, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by born01930 View Post
How does one go about making an infusion? Toss a bunch of berries in the bottle and sit around anxiously awaiting the goodness?
Pretty much. Berries, citrus, most any fruit, herbs, peppers....a combo of things. One local bar has glass jars with spigota that they make they own in. They make two paper blends of Bloody Mary's....one hot with ghost pepper...another with milder varieties.

Old 12-01-2014, 05:54 PM

Oh....and you don't need Grey Goose or Kettle One. ....and decent mid range (not rot-gut) vodka is perfectly fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages