U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2015, 11:19 AM

1,015 posts, read 1,465,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolZombie View Post
It only does well because its so popular with Latinos and that's a growing population. I'm Latin and I've always found it to be disgusting and skunky but a good portion of my family disagrees and drinks it regularly
Disagree. I'm latino and don't know anyone latino who drinks Corona on purpose. Tecate and Bud Lite are the latino beers of choice in the SW U.S. and Northern Mexico as well. Not that either one of them is any better than Corona. Corona is well marketed to non-latino swill drinkers who fall for the lazy Mexican beach vacation vibe and consider it an upgrade from their usual Keystone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2015, 04:29 PM

25,631 posts, read 30,310,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Corona is possibly the worst Mexican beer on the market. There are so many good options.

My favorite is Negra Modelo.
Seems odd coming from you.

However Bohemia is a much better choice than the other two..

Old 06-28-2015, 04:40 PM

3,558 posts, read 1,748,347 times
Bah...it is clearly popular because a lot of people like the taste. Anything that is slightly unique will have plenty of haters...

Old 06-28-2015, 04:54 PM

5,655 posts, read 5,679,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoGuy View Post
Bah...it is clearly popular because a lot of people like the taste. Anything that is slightly unique will have plenty of haters...
You overestimate the palates of the masses.

Name the most popular anything in the US. Then tell us people like that thing because it tastes good. No, it's far more often the case that thing is popular because of cost, convenience or because the buyer simply doesn't care to explore further and buy into the image the ad portrays.

People are far more susceptible to advertising than you think. Otherwise we wouldn't have the amount of advertising we do.

Besides, if it really tasted great, people wouldn't keep putting limes in it

Old 06-28-2015, 10:04 PM

468 posts, read 214,698 times
So your saying a popular beer tastes bad? Mb your the one that's weird . Best beer available in my opinion . Sweet n smooth .
Oh wait mb you like a beer that tastes like old straw ? Well I would call that personal preference. Strange people

Old 06-28-2015, 10:14 PM

6,488 posts, read 6,917,307 times
I prefer Pacifico.

Old 06-29-2015, 05:10 AM

3,330 posts, read 2,112,562 times
Well I like it..... to me Bohemia tastes like coffee grounds.....Just bought one of those Mexican 12 packs mixture and they were all pretty good....but everybody has different tastes....

Old 06-29-2015, 09:53 PM

10,541 posts, read 13,058,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaparrito View Post
Disagree. I'm latino and don't know anyone latino who drinks Corona on purpose. Tecate and Bud Lite are the latino beers of choice in the SW U.S. and Northern Mexico as well. Not that either one of them is any better than Corona. Corona is well marketed to non-latino swill drinkers who fall for the lazy Mexican beach vacation vibe and consider it an upgrade from their usual Keystone.
The only people who drink corona are overweight whites who vacation at Mexican beach resorts far removed from Mexican culture.

Old 06-30-2015, 11:14 AM

2,992 posts, read 4,404,634 times
I think Corona is popular because of two things.

First, people like the lime routine of adding a lime to it. I assume this routine came about to mask the off flavor (skunk aroma and flavor) that occurs due to the clear glass bottle. Adding a lime to a less expensive domestic beer would probably taste better, but whatever, the routine has stuck for Corona.

Second, many people drink certain beers for appearance purposes, and Corona has successfully marketed themselves into a premium/aspiration position in the marketplace.

Old 07-20-2015, 01:28 PM

2,202 posts, read 1,571,397 times
marketing...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or