U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2015, 11:12 AM

5,655 posts, read 5,698,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
No. That's not a potato.
That is odd, not because of the oddness of that ingredient, but because that ingredient doesn't really taste like much on its own. Any time I've eaten them, they've been grilled with plenty of dipping sauce, or a BBQ sauce applied while cooking. Can't see what adding them would add to a beer?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2015, 11:25 AM

5,413 posts, read 5,137,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzoom3 View Post
I'll have to find out what it was called, it was some microbrew, an extremely sour brew...tasted like pickle juice really...yuck! I don't understand this new sour trend in beers. Brewers are going from one bad thing (IPA's) to another.
No, they are brewing styles you don't like. I dislike sours overall....but that doesn't make them all bad.

I love IPAs.... my daughter prefers whitbeers....doesn't make my choice better or worse than hers.

And the great thing is....this may be shocking news to you......but breweries can make more than one style of beer!! It's such a radical notion that if I don't like one offering of a brewery I can try a style I like better.

Old 09-07-2015, 07:09 PM

1,351 posts, read 1,107,979 times
Anyone remember Bootie Light???

Could find it back in college from 2004-2007 and like $2.99 a 6 pack. Absolute garbage.

Old 09-08-2015, 06:59 AM

11,174 posts, read 10,991,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
No, they are brewing styles you don't like. I dislike sours overall....but that doesn't make them all bad.

I love IPAs.... my daughter prefers whitbeers....doesn't make my choice better or worse than hers.

And the great thing is....this may be shocking news to you......but breweries can make more than one style of beer!! It's such a radical notion that if I don't like one offering of a brewery I can try a style I like better.
Couldn't have said it better. I don't like overly hoppy beers. The only beer I've poured out in the past 4-5 years was Whitewater IPA from Sam Adams. However, Boston Beer Company makes over 60 types of beer, and I like more of them than I dislike.

Old 09-08-2015, 07:11 AM

2,617 posts, read 4,006,668 times
I think the all time worst beer I've ever had was Corona, or maybe Strohs many years ago. Just gross. I'm a Sam Adams, Bass Ale, Guinness guy, and cant stand any of the watered down, corn and rice adjunct filled beers like Bud, Coors, Miller, etc. I'm also from RI, and the new Narragansett they have out now is pretty bad too. Tastes like someone took a half glass of real beer and filled it back up with water. Nasty!

Old 09-08-2015, 04:56 PM

44 posts, read 38,180 times
IPAs like drinking acorns. I don't know why, everybody pretends to enjoy that garbage.

Old 09-08-2015, 06:16 PM

1,351 posts, read 1,107,979 times
All Heineken tastes skunky to me. I kept thinking I was getting bad batches but after trying if for the third time, I realized it just tastes like ****.

Old 09-08-2015, 06:18 PM

17,486 posts, read 20,916,643 times
Coors light
Heineken
Budweiser

I know these are popular brands but they taste awful to me.

Old 09-08-2015, 06:23 PM

54 posts, read 53,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurekidd View Post
I think the all time worst beer I've ever had was Corona, or maybe Strohs many years ago. Just gross. I'm a Sam Adams, Bass Ale, Guinness guy, and cant stand any of the watered down, corn and rice adjunct filled beers like Bud, Coors, Miller, etc. I'm also from RI, and the new Narragansett they have out now is pretty bad too. Tastes like someone took a half glass of real beer and filled it back up with water. Nasty!
^^ This

I tend to like Sam Adams, Anderson Valley... I've also found that I like the Gose style of beer.

When someone mentions Bud/Corona/Coors/Miller...

Old 09-08-2015, 06:25 PM

3,431 posts, read 3,044,150 times
In Canada there's a restaurant/pub chain, a small one, called The 3 Brewers (Les 3 Brasseurs in Quebec) with their own craft brews. I tried the blonde, and it had very little flavour, even for a pale ale. Smooth yet watery. Only fit for an extremely hot day when you'll drink anything cold.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or