U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2015, 01:41 PM

2,851 posts, read 918,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Southpaw View Post
This is gonna freak a lot of people, but I always thought Budweiser was undrinkably bad. What's with that sickly sweet orangey-yeasty taste? Yeckk. Wouldn't take a case if it were offered free.

Corona is by far the most OVERRATED popular beer, but I wouldn't say the worst.

I lived in Texas for a few years. Lone Star is almost as bad as Bud. And THAT was a very unpopular opinion living in Tejas. LOL.

Then again, most American beers are ****e. Like the Brit joke: Why is American beer like having sex in a canoe?

They're both Moderator cut: bleeping close to water.

Sam Adams makes some decent stuff that it might be an exception to that joke.

I drank Coors light for years, when I played ball. It IS close to water, but has such a fresh clean taste that it goes down very easy, and I never got a hangover from it, since it's made with top-notch ingredients.

I'm a Fat Tire guy these days. And some German and Swiss beers I like. St. Pauli Girl is my all-time favorite import. And Grolsch! In those bottles with the porcelain tops? Yummie.

Oh....just remembered, as far as worst beers: Mickey's big mouths!! Really? How can they sell a beer that bad? I l know its a cliche to say a beer tastes like Moderator cut: bleep, but that one REALLY does! LOL.
I like Bud - used to drink Bud Dry...
I don't like Bud Lite... or any other 'light' beer...
Sam Adams was once a favorite of mine...
I drank Coors when it was illegal to have it east of the Rockies... yeah, I'm THAT old... lol.
Mickey's big mouth had it's purpose... You could relieve yourself in the bottle - just don't confuse the beer with the already drank beer - although the taste, I'm told, is about the same...

And, for your baseball team... I hope your team does well - mine sucks... last place in the NL... how embarrassing is THAT....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2015, 01:46 PM

16,720 posts, read 14,711,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kletter1mann View Post
Almost any beer is fine by me. I have preferences but there isn't much that I'd just pour down the drain. Until today. It was "Bright Ale" from the Half Full brewery in Stamford CT. Undrinkable.
I had that reaction to Prescott Brewing Company. I love beer, but that stuff I left in the hotel. I couldn't even finish the first can, and that is ultra rare for me to waste beer. My husband packed it for me twice before I finally threw the whole six-pack in the trash.

Old 09-28-2015, 01:43 PM

2,563 posts, read 2,793,330 times
Once upon a time, the supermarkets used to have "generic" food sections. Canned food with no brand name. For example, a white can of corn that simply said "corn." Well, they had beer, too. In a white can. It said "Beer." Something like $3 for a six pack. I think it was made by Falstaff, though. It didn't taste very good.

Old 09-28-2015, 03:05 PM

16,778 posts, read 7,478,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John7777 View Post
Once upon a time, the supermarkets used to have "generic" food sections. Canned food with no brand name. For example, a white can of corn that simply said "corn." Well, they had beer, too. In a white can. It said "Beer." Something like $3 for a six pack. I think it was made by Falstaff, though. It didn't taste very good.
It WAS made by Falstaff, and yes, it did suck. So did Carling Black Label, at around a buck a six pack.

Old 09-28-2015, 07:06 PM

17,486 posts, read 20,947,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumf View Post
I like Bud - used to drink Bud Dry...
I don't like Bud Lite... or any other 'light' beer...
Sam Adams was once a favorite of mine...
I drank Coors when it was illegal to have it east of the Rockies... yeah, I'm THAT old... lol.
Mickey's big mouth had it's purpose... You could relieve yourself in the bottle - just don't confuse the beer with the already drank beer - although the taste, I'm told, is about the same...

And, for your baseball team... I hope your team does well - mine sucks... last place in the NL... how embarrassing is THAT....
What do you mean it was illegal east of the Rockies. I have never heard of beer being illegal like that.

Old 09-29-2015, 11:17 AM

2,563 posts, read 2,793,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
What do you mean it was illegal east of the Rockies. I have never heard of beer being illegal like that.
I don't know about it being "illegal" but it wasn't distributed all over. Maybe it had to be kept refrigerated? I can remember people going on ski trips to Colorado and bring back Coors beer, like it was some sort of controlled substance. LOL

Old 09-29-2015, 06:38 PM

7,249 posts, read 5,587,849 times
Hop Valley Alphadelic IPA out of Eugene, OR

I bought a six pack of it and ended up throwing most of it out because I couldn't find another human who could actually stand to drink it.

Old 10-02-2015, 09:18 AM

803 posts, read 579,716 times
Not a fan of dead man's ale. Although I find Heineken to be even worse. I'd imagine cold urine wouldn't taste considerably different.

Old 10-02-2015, 09:43 AM

16,778 posts, read 7,478,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japanfan1986 View Post
Not a fan of dead man's ale. Although I find Heineken to be even worse. I'd imagine cold urine wouldn't taste considerably different.
Dead Man's or Dead Guy (from Rogue). If the latter, agreed, a bit too hoppy.

Old 10-02-2015, 12:41 PM

8,193 posts, read 22,336,046 times
The worst beer I have ever had is a tie between Primo and Natty Boh (National Bohemian).

Quote:
Originally Posted by kletter1mann View Post
Almost any beer is fine by me. I have preferences but there isn't much that I'd just pour down the drain. Until today. It was "Bright Ale" from the Half Full brewery in Stamford CT. Undrinkable. Imagine this recipe:
1/2 part budweiser
1/4 part light IPA (doesn't matter what kind, just enough for a hint of hops)
1/4 seltzer water.
That's what it tasted like, I swear to god. Basically a diluted-tasting, fizzy light lager with a peculiar hoppy aftertaste. 2 sips and down the drain with it. T hey call it "a crisp inspiring hybrid." I can't imagine what they were thinking.

Any other beer nightmares?
This is a legit pre-Prohibition style aka "cream ale" in the same vein as blonde ale/kolsch/helles and a few others.

What they were thinking is that this beer/style is the gateway from BMC into the more typical craft selections but the style itself is making some headway in the home-brew/craft beer scene where the challenge is to make a better BMC then the BMCs the way they used to be made in the U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrow- View Post
Holy Gose and Guinness
Gose is one style that will make even the most ardent craft drinker wish for a Bud Light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert Hall '62 View Post
Genesee and Keystone still available in Md.

My worst is National Bohemian. Ugh, gutter water.
Where can you get Genny in MD? Been looking but can't find it.

I agree, Boh sucks bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or