U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2016, 02:16 PM

3,372 posts, read 3,768,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
LOL--I bet someone swirled their Slim Jim around in their bloody mary and sucked the drink off before biting into the stick, and an idea was born.
I always put a meat stick in bloodies when I make them at home. String cheese too. And a pickle. And asparagus. And garlic stuff olives. and.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2016, 07:27 AM

36,976 posts, read 45,424,471 times
My son made some garnished with pickled okra, which was a bit different. I've also seen crisp bacon, or dill pickle spears.

Old 06-17-2016, 02:21 AM

4,771 posts, read 2,176,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.cool View Post
I always put a meat stick in bloodies when I make them at home. String cheese too. And a pickle. And asparagus. And garlic stuff olives. and.......
How about an entire chicken? https://www.thrillist.com/drink/nati...-fried-chicken

Old 06-20-2016, 01:29 PM

3,372 posts, read 3,768,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Yes, I've seen those. But then...I live in Wisconsin, so....it's normal.

Old 06-21-2016, 12:14 PM

1,526 posts, read 842,787 times
I remember I didn't like it when first tried or even tomatoe juice, but eventually finds it acceptable and then come to liking it I even made it myself regularly at one point. I love mine with extra tabasco, worcestershire sauce and black pepper.

Old 06-23-2016, 10:38 AM

5,748 posts, read 4,204,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayInCA View Post
I had one for the first time recently, and it was actually really good! They made them extra spicy and apparently used quality Vodka which was nice. I'll probably try to make some soon.

Had one a few weeks ago. Hated it. Drank it all, because I don't waste alcohol, but yeah, it wasn't good to me at all.

Old 06-24-2016, 10:52 AM

3,506 posts, read 2,357,151 times
^^ Most either love it or hate it and I don't think it's an acquired taste. You have to like tomato/veggie juice to begin with then you will probably like it. I make them often and many times with beer (Michelada).

The standard ingredients would be:

Tomato, Vegetable Juice or Clamato
Worcestershire Sauce
Louisiana Hot Sauce (Crystal, Franks or Tabasco)
Lime Juice
Celery Salt
Black Pepper
Horseradish

Some new ingredients that I recently started using

Sriracha Sauce
Maggi Seasoning
Wasabi Powder

For garnish I like

Dill Pickle
Pickled Vegetables such as Okra, or green beans
Celery
Green Olives

Old 06-24-2016, 12:19 PM

71,711 posts, read 83,316,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
My son made some garnished with pickled okra, which was a bit different. I've also seen crisp bacon, or dill pickle spears.
That is a bit different but if you like pickled okra and we do, it would probably be good. I am growing Okra in the garden this summer; will remember that.

For me, Bloody Mary's have to have horse radish, hot sauce, lemon: the pickle might be ok, not sure about that, of course celery and even white onions. Whatever, they are great but I can only eat one, they are just too filling for me.

Old 06-24-2016, 02:24 PM

24,791 posts, read 23,736,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I would garnish that with some nice big cold shrimp.
Now we're talking. I've gotten them with shrimp. Probably some beach place. Meal in a glass.

Old 06-25-2016, 01:38 PM

83 posts, read 90,336 times
Gator Ron's... you can taste the horseradish in it.

I made the mistake of buying McClure's BM mix once. Made a Bloody Mary... Oh. My. God. It was like drinking a red pickle juice cocktail. And as much as I hate wasting alcohol, I poured it out. Yuck. Yuck. Yuck.

P
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or