U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2016, 06:30 PM

3,273 posts, read 3,095,885 times

Advertisements

Seems to me that liquor distribution is prone to organized crime involvement, so it kind of makes sense for the state to run it all themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
NH stores have very good prices overall.
In New Hampshire, nearly all liquor sales go through the state run stores, but the prices are good (and the website posts prices and inventory). All state stores charge the same price, even the ones at the toll road oasis and on the secure side of the airport.

New Hampshire has minimal restrictions on the sale of beer and wine. Plenty of privately run stores sell wine and beer, including most grocery stores, and it is general easy for a restaurant to get a license. Over the last few years there's been changes to relax some of the long-standing laws, like label laws.

I travel a lot, and many states have strange rules about alcohol sales. I find it annoying when grocery stores are restricted from selling beer, or can't sell cold beer.

Old 04-24-2016, 05:39 AM

2,441 posts, read 1,926,553 times
Does the government sell alcohol even in Republican states? The ones which want to shrink government?

Are there any other countries where the government retails basic commodities? Besides utilities and services?

Old 04-24-2016, 06:03 AM

15,320 posts, read 27,467,943 times
Ok folks. I was leery to let this thread remain in this sub-forum when it was initially placed here. Now that it has veered way off of Alcoholic Beverages it is time to close.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or