Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 07:31 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,197,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
I know this is going to make me sound like a complete classless pig (which is funny because I take food and drink very seriously), but most of my favorite beers are malt liquors. Yes, Colt 45, Bullmax, St. Ides, and Olde English 800.

I await my rightful tearing of a new one.
I read an article recently about how malt liquor was at one time considered a "high class" drink, like the champagne of beers. The author felt the current idea that malt liquor is "evil" is overblown and there are some really good ones out there. I don't think I have ever tried any, but I might.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2008, 07:33 PM

604 posts, read 1,185,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
I know this is going to make me sound like a complete classless pig (which is funny because I take food and drink very seriously), but most of my favorite beers are malt liquors. Yes, Colt 45, Bullmax, St. Ides, and Olde English 800.

I await my rightful tearing of a new one.

Don't forget Mickeys. Yummmmmm.

Old 03-07-2008, 07:45 PM

Faves: Dos Equis, Negro Modelo, Bitburger and Stella.

Yuck: Budweiser, Miller, Fosters and one other super cheap beer my dad bought once, it came in a red can and was the most disgusting beer EVER.

Old 03-09-2008, 10:20 PM

502 posts, read 1,066,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoydS View Post
I will say this up front. Individual taste changes as a person ages. That being said, I started with Falstaff ... that was a few years back and then a 6 pack only cost less than 2 bucks.

Dislikes: Bud, all draft beer, PBR, most imports....
You dislike ALL draft beer? What does that even mean? You only like beer that comes in its unnatural altered prepackaged state?

Not to judge, but you might wanna branch out.

I live in the land of microbreweries, or one of them. It's really funny how many people, used to drinking Bud or some crap like that, will ask for a lighter beer at a brewpub and spit it out. Too strong. A bartender friend of mine told me that he'll actually do a mixture of 3/4 beer 1/4 ice water and most of these yahoos like it. He used to feel guilty, but he finally decided he was giving them what they wanted.

Personally, I like the darkies. Guiness, Roque Shakespeare Stout, Dead Guy, Arrogant Bastard, anything from Deschutes or Ska.

Old 03-12-2008, 05:42 PM

9 posts, read 30,474 times
my likes are corona and heiniken

Old 03-13-2008, 07:10 AM

Location: When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic
1,132 posts, read 2,104,159 times
Ones I love:

High Point Brewing Company (Butler, NJ)
1) Ramstein Winter Wheat
Stone Brewing Co (Escondido, CA)
1)Stone Arrogant Bastard Ale
2)Stone IPA
3)Stone Ruination IPA
Weyerbacher Brewing Co (Easton, PA)
1)Double Simcoe IPA
2)Heresy - Imperial Stout
3)Old Heathen - Imperial Stout
Brooklyn Brewery (Brooklyn, NY)
1)Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout

Dislikes
Bud, Corona, Miller, Coors

Old 03-13-2008, 11:46 AM

Budweiser tastes really bad to me, it's not a snob issue, I don't understand why it's so popular.

Old 03-13-2008, 11:55 AM

2,940 posts, read 3,966,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acupunk View Post
Budweiser tastes really bad to me, it's not a snob issue, I don't understand why it's so popular.
I don't understand why people drink crap like Bud, Miller, and Coors. Especially when there are good beers that don't cost an arm and a leg. I can get Yuengling and JW Dundee beers for around the same price as the mainstream crap.

Old 03-15-2008, 07:06 PM

2,141 posts, read 7,865,847 times
Faves: Stella Artois, Heineken, Corona
Least Faves: Any Miller Product, Coors

Old 04-07-2008, 07:42 AM

2,421 posts, read 6,955,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acupunk View Post
Faves: Dos Equis, Negro Modelo, Bitburger and Stella.

Yuck: Budweiser, Miller, Fosters and one other super cheap beer my dad bought once, it came in a red can and was the most disgusting beer EVER.

Yuck is right, Australians wont touch Fosters, It's purely a Tourist Beer!

As for other beers from Down Under, I quite like (Though I'm more of a fan of Premium beers )

Matilda Bay Premium
Carlton Crown Lager
Hahn Premuim
Cascade Premium

Dislike:

Emu Export
XXXX (Fourex)
VB (Victoria Bitter)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages