Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 12:42 PM

2,295 posts, read 2,356,297 times

Advertisements

Favorites:

Domestic:
Shiner Bock
Real Ale Brewing Devil's Backbone Tripel
Alaskan Amber
Abita Jockamo IPA
Dodging Duck Wingman IPA
Frederickburg Brewing Company Enchanted Rock Red Ale

Foreign:
Badger Golden Glory, Blanford Forum UK
Hobgoblin Ale, UK
Maisel's Kristal Weizen, Bayreuth, Germany
Kloisterei Kreutzberg brew near Bad Kissingen, Germany
Smithwicks Ireland
Guinness Ireland

Least Favorites:
Any mass produced, watered down, domestic yellow water with zero flavor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2013, 06:23 PM

1,212 posts, read 2,243,195 times
Am not a beer drinker myself but my so seems to prefer Weihenstephaner original over any other beer. Price wise it's not bad either though not cheap.

Old 09-25-2013, 06:53 PM

478 posts, read 768,295 times
I love microbrews but I'm not a beer snob. I don't mind having a Bud or a Coors, but please don't give me a Miller High Life. Ouch!

Lagunitas Hop Stoopid, some Sam Adams (I do like the red bottle, some Devil or other), though I haven't tried Oktoberfest (I will, though!). Yeungling Lager is fine.

...and I do love the Czech Pilsners.

Old 09-26-2013, 08:31 AM

3,433 posts, read 5,724,793 times
Favorite..............Old Milwaukee

I drink it because I like it.

I don't drink a specific brand to impress others !

Old 09-27-2013, 11:51 AM

1,760 posts, read 2,090,414 times
I love beer! I love trying new beers.
Here in Richmond it seems there's a new beer festival every weekend with lots of local breweries featured. I love it!
My favorites are...
Sam Adam's season beers, give me Oktoberfest, Winter or Summer and I'm a happy girl.
Fat Tire
Hardywood Singel, Fall Line and Cream Ale (local brewery)
Brooklyn Breweries Lager and Oktoberfest
Stella

I'll drink bud light and it is usually what I buy if I have to take beer to someone's house because most people will drink it.
I'm not a fan of Miller Lite but if that's all there is I'll drink it.

Dislike,
MGD
PBR
Coors Light
Guiness
Most Stouts.

Old 09-27-2013, 12:11 PM

2,987 posts, read 5,230,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterStereoman View Post
I love microbrews but I'm not a beer snob. I don't mind having a Bud or a Coors, but please don't give me a Miller High Life. Ouch!

Lagunitas Hop Stoopid, some Sam Adams (I do like the red bottle, some Devil or other), though I haven't tried Oktoberfest (I will, though!). Yeungling Lager is fine.

...and I do love the Czech Pilsners.
Wow, last weekend I just had a High Life for the first time in about a year and I loved it...I went an bought a 12 pack. I believe, it has very nice body for an American Light Lager, a little sweetness, and the carbo gave great mouthfeel. The mouthfeel and aftertaste on high life are great, I think.

My fav beer varies all over the place, right now I am drinking a lot of Batch 19, Three Floyds Gumballhead, and sampling many Oktoberfest beers. Have you guys tried the Big Eddy Uber-Oktoberfest? Delicious.

Sorry, an edit here. I may have had my least favorite Oktoberfest beer ever last night. I tried Baderbrau Oktoberfest and it smelled like Trix to me and the taste was horrendous. I think I drank 2 ounces of it and that was too much.

Old 09-28-2013, 08:46 AM

18,837 posts, read 37,234,968 times
Beer lovers...you must buy the new bread mix at Costco, Ancient Grains, you mix the bread mix with a bottle of beer, I used a dark stout, this bread was so fantastic! And the beer flavor, over the top. Easy, fast, yummy, and that earthy hop taste...yum!
http://www.krusteaz.com/bread-mixes-...ingredientstab

Last edited by jasper12; 09-28-2013 at 08:50 AM.. Reason: Added link

Old 09-28-2013, 01:02 PM

28 posts, read 42,614 times
I'm really not very picky when it comes to beer; I could probably drink Busch Light every day and be happy as a clam!

Lately my favorite brand is Leinenkugel.

One beer I'm not crazy about is PBR. The worst beer I ever had was some kind of Miller Lemon or Lemonade or something. I think there might have been artificial sweetener in it, because it really just did not taste right.

Old 09-28-2013, 01:46 PM

1,391 posts, read 1,228,858 times
Nugget Nectar, Sierra Nevada Celebration, Uintah Hopnotch, lots of German beers - particularly dunkels, and anything by Oxbow up in the great state of Maine are my favorites (along with a host of others too numerous to mention).

Least favorite would be Rolling Rock, though I've not had it in 20 years so who knows.

Old 09-28-2013, 04:06 PM

15,082 posts, read 14,264,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy52 View Post
Favorite..............Old Milwaukee

I drink it because I like it.

I don't drink a specific brand to impress others !
I bought some once because it was on sale.
It's very good....

.......to drown garden slugs in.

I found it undrinkable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages