U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2016, 02:21 PM

101 posts, read 83,288 times

Advertisements

ever had an allegric reaction to a cider?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2016, 02:26 PM

1,644 posts, read 2,100,048 times
No, never had an allergic reaction to a cider. My worst experience was when I drank rubbing alcohol that someone put in a vodka bottle.

Old 04-26-2016, 02:35 PM

2,510 posts, read 1,797,162 times
I was once thrown onto the floor by my bed and the floor was tilting and spinning so fast I could not make it to the bathroom to throw up after drinking a bottle of wine.

After a martini.

On an empty stomach.

many, many years ago

Old 04-26-2016, 05:18 PM

12,984 posts, read 15,319,968 times
My worse experience was when I was in my young 20s and drank tequila one night. I woke up in the middle of the night dying of thirst. I wanted some Coke or Pepsi or something, but had none. So I chugged some milk. A while later I was throwing up milk that had curdled in the tequila in my stomach. I didn't drink tequila for many years after that. I don't know why I didn't just drink some water.

Old 04-26-2016, 10:31 PM

5,251 posts, read 2,681,785 times
My worst experience was with southern comfort . I drank a bunch of southern comfort and lime shots . I ended up going to bed and my dog wakes me up in the middle of the night . As soon as I opened my eyes . I knew it was happening . The dizziness started and progressed to the point where I knew I had to get into the bathroom quick . I make it to the toilet and started puking . As I am puking , the soco lime literally burned my esophagus with acid . My throat was on fire and sore to the point where I couldn't talk for almost a week. It was so bad . That was when I was 21. I have never touched it again .

Old 04-27-2016, 07:20 AM

16,475 posts, read 7,390,893 times
New Orleans, French Quarter, had too many Hurricanes at Pat O'Brien's. I swear the Sheraton on Canal Street was rotating violently when my wife and I got back to the room. Someone needed to hold Louisiana still for a few hours. Later there was significant purging involved. We both swore we would never do that again, and kept to our promise, more or less.

While it sucked for both of us, my wife had it worse... she went out to get ice, when I was in the bathroom. She came back saying she'd gotten a weird look from a couple in the hallway. She had her head against the ice machine, and was repeatedly pushing the wrong button... that's why she thought she was getting looks. I told her to look in the mirror. She gasped a bit, "Oh, why didn't you stop me?" Yep, naked. At least it was New Orleans, so the couple probably wasn't that fazed.

Old 04-28-2016, 03:45 PM

24,735 posts, read 23,697,394 times
I will never, ever--ever--drink a tequila sunrise again in my life. It's been decades and I still don't like to think about how ill I was. I didn't feel right for about 36 hours.

Old 05-20-2016, 02:06 PM

104 posts, read 66,498 times
I've had a lot of terrible experiences. I've been known to drink in a stupid way.

Back in April of 2008, I was invited to a party by a coworker. I drank all types of alcohol: whisky, gin, vodka, beer, and Jager. Around midnight, I had to puke. The party was in an apartment. So I had a horrible time wobbling down 3 floors to the outside.

I went outside and tried my damndest to puke many times. Nothing happened. After what felt like hours, I went into my car with the intention of leaving. But I stopped myself from drinking and driving. So I just slept in the car. I woke up at around 7 am shivering. The temp had dropped significantly and I only had a T-shirt and khakis. I felt sober enough to drive home. So I did. When I got home, I immediately went into the bathroom to puke. I was in there for 30 minutes before I gave up. I went to sleep in my bed. I was lying on my back, not even in bed for 2 minutes, when this huge rush came out of my mouth. Puked all over myself and my bed. Probably 2 gallons worth. I looked at the mess all over me and I sighed, "Finally." Then I fell asleep and didn't wake up til around noon. I kept puking and sleeping until the hangover and sickness wore off at around 5 pm.

Like the fool I was, I kept on mixing alcohol for years with disastrous consequences. It was only until last year that I finally stopped mixing alcohol.

Old 05-20-2016, 04:37 PM

17,470 posts, read 20,815,960 times
Wow!!! Where do I begin LOL. I have had at 3 experiences that I can remember and I was in my 20's.

1. Went out with a BF to a bar, drank several shots each kamikazes, Alabama Slammers, and a few beers. Did not throw up until the next day. We were sitting in church and I thought I would puke in the collection basket but Luckily I did not. Got home, waited in the car for the rest of my family so we could go apple picking upstate. I puked in a bucket from my house all the way to the Bronx (1 hour) my brother was horrified and my dad (stupid) thought I had the flu LOL.BTW my mom was not sympathetic because she knew the real deal, we were going to pick apples no matter what

2. Was at a 21st birthday party for a friend. Proceeded to drink at least 4 beers within 1/2 hour. I was drunk and throwing up and the party had not started yet!!! I was staying at this house overnight and my friend had to put me to bed. I missed the whole party.

3. I was at a party during the day, had about 3 beers (no food)was pretty buzzed. Had a little bit of food then this guy I knew had a chilled bottle of Black Haus me and 2 others drank the whole bottle. I was wasted. Next thing I know I was puking into an empty box.

Now if I have any drinks I have 2 or 3 but I pace myself. I do not drink beer anymore. Mostly wine.

Old 05-20-2016, 08:58 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, originally from SF Bay Area
29,510 posts, read 54,051,619 times
I decided to celebrate my 21st birthday by putting away an entire fifth of 12 year-old Scotch. I didn't get much past half the bottle before it started coming back up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages