Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2017, 04:50 PM

5,624 posts, read 6,840,052 times

Advertisements

darn, youll miss all the hops fun!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2017, 06:55 PM

361 posts, read 431,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
darn, youll miss all the hops fun!
Yeah, but what can you do, right?

Old 04-14-2017, 05:35 PM

50,339 posts, read 63,906,560 times
I haven't read all the posts, but what the hell kind of family is this?
Assuming you want to be cordial, but are too smart to be a part of this group of ignorant people...drink a high end scotch with ice and water. I have never been hungover with scotch. Whatever you do, don't mix liquor.

Old 04-18-2017, 10:43 AM

4,416 posts, read 9,135,397 times
I am a legendary drunk, but do not participate in orchestrated, manufactured, commercialized, drinking sessions such as the one described. Do not participate or at least not to the extent that they would like you to. This is just nonsense. Drink a few in the afternoon. Eat dinner, drink a few mre and go home.

Old 04-18-2017, 03:39 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,877,846 times
"Designated Drinking Day"....also known as "training for future alcoholics". You can't be serious.

Hey I like to drink and party, but that just sounds strange. Drinking is part of the celebratory event, but NOT the event itself. Just avoid that nonsense day, or better yet you can be the driving force to end that silly tradition as part of your family gathering.
Do you also have a designated projectile vomiting event at the end of the session, preceding by a designated drunken family fight?

This seriously sounds like the end punch line to a "you might be a redneck if..." joke.

Old 04-18-2017, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
"Designated Drinking Day"....also known as "training for future alcoholics". You can't be serious.

Hey I like to drink and party, but that just sounds strange. Drinking is part of the celebratory event, but NOT the event itself. Just avoid that nonsense day, or better yet you can be the driving force to end that silly tradition as part of your family gathering.
Do you also have a designated projectile vomiting event at the end of the session, preceding by a designated drunken family fight?

This seriously sounds like the end punch line to a "you might be a redneck if..." joke.
It starts at 10am and goes on all.day.long. Idiotic, but it's what they like, so they are not harming anybody. I feel like it would make me miserable and it wouldn't be fun trying to keep up with everyone.

Old 04-19-2017, 08:22 AM

1,092 posts, read 1,147,117 times
Sounds stupid but I'd participate since its family tradition. Honestly, what traditions aren't a little stupid. Here's what I'd do. Make them think you are just there to hang out and not even drink. After lunch, give in to the peer pressure which buys you a few hours of sobriety and lots of accolades. After that, drink gin and tonics. Fill up a big glass with ice then put mostly tonic and a little gin in. That way you are drinking mostly water (which is the #1 key to avoiding hangovers/sickness). The melting ice also makes it look like you don't have an empty drink. Try to avoid anything with copious amounts of sugar in it, which whatever "jungle juice" is probably has tons of sugar. Sugary drinks always result in hangovers.

Old 04-19-2017, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfalz View Post
Sounds stupid but I'd participate since its family tradition. Honestly, what traditions aren't a little stupid. Here's what I'd do. Make them think you are just there to hang out and not even drink. After lunch, give in to the peer pressure which buys you a few hours of sobriety and lots of accolades. After that, drink gin and tonics. Fill up a big glass with ice then put mostly tonic and a little gin in. That way you are drinking mostly water (which is the #1 key to avoiding hangovers/sickness). The melting ice also makes it look like you don't have an empty drink. Try to avoid anything with copious amounts of sugar in it, which whatever "jungle juice" is probably has tons of sugar. Sugary drinks always result in hangovers.
I have something else to do anyway, as from my earlier reply, so I can't do it.

Old 04-20-2017, 10:14 PM

14,669 posts, read 14,631,326 times
I'd stick to beer or wine and in moderation. Drinking liquor all day long sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Old 04-21-2017, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
I'd stick to beer or wine and in moderation. Drinking liquor all day long sounds like a recipe for disaster.
I keep saying I can't make it, but yeah, it does sound like a disaster. Why people want to inevitably be sick all night long, I don't understand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages