U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-28-2008, 06:52 PM

17,333 posts, read 13,870,080 times

Advertisements

Ok, I get some beer about once a month or before parties at Rite Aid as it's always been the cheapest. Last week I went in and their beer prices were scarier than Vons or Ralphs!

Anyone know what happened? I wouldn't even go in the place albeit beer or a prescription. They lose a contract or something? A 30 pack of swill was almost 30 bucks after tax.

I think not. I'll just get it when at Costco. Just curious if anyone else noticed that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2008, 07:45 PM

2,528 posts, read 6,942,719 times
I've never bought beer at a pharmacy! We have some fairly cheap grocery stores-$7 or so for a 12-pack. I'm willing to pay that for a buzz!

Old 08-28-2008, 08:11 PM

330 posts, read 354,355 times
I don't usually buy the beer, but they get some pretty inexpensive wine prices. Haven't noticed those go up yet. (Although alcohol in Washington State is pretty spendy.) I live in Idaho, but work in Washington and do a lot of my shopping on the way home from work because the town I live in is pretty small and the grocery stores sometimes don't have a great selection or freshness factor.

Old 08-28-2008, 08:27 PM

22,016 posts, read 39,697,317 times
Rite Aid has there own beer line?

What could it possibly tase like? Pabst?

Old 08-29-2008, 10:15 AM

746 posts, read 2,288,068 times
<sarcasm>I don't trust companies that do not know how to spell, and Right Aid is at the top of my list. If they can't spell, how can you trust them to read a prescription when so many medications are spelled so similarly? And as far as buying beer and wine at a drug store, there is just something too weird about that. </sarcasm>

Old 08-29-2008, 10:43 AM

19,125 posts, read 13,867,713 times
In CA the best prices for liquor was in drug stores! Funny, I know but very true! Course liquor/beer/wine could be sold just about anywhere there. Here in NC It's not that way. Beer/wine can be sold many places but liquor..well the good old ABC store has that market and they can sell it for whatever they choose--and it's no deal! Is beer that much cheaper in Sams Club?

Old 08-29-2008, 09:20 PM

423 posts, read 1,115,542 times
It used to be the same in Florida, too. Walgreen's often had the best beer prices in their retail stores or the separate Walgreen's Liquor outlets. I don't recall if they had their own brand, though.

Old 08-29-2008, 10:59 PM

2,905 posts, read 4,572,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by litlux View Post
<sarcasm>I don't trust companies that do not know how to spell, and Right Aid is at the top of my list. If they can't spell, how can you trust them to read a prescription when so many medications are spelled so similarly? And as far as buying beer and wine at a drug store, there is just something too weird about that. </sarcasm>
hear hear! why do companies feel the need to make their names "cooler", "different" or whatever by altering the spelling of words?

Kidz Club-yes, I want to send my daughter to this school
EET and Ern--this was on a cereal box, one of the major cereal companies had some kind of promotion going, and this was on the back of the box. Just what I want my kid reading for 10 minutes while eating his cereal.

have seen at least two more of these, can't remember them though, but i think its just plain stupid.

Old 08-30-2008, 04:05 PM

17,333 posts, read 13,870,080 times
The product is Coors, Bud or Miller (the swilly domestics ). For the last 10 years it has been cheaper than Vons/Safeway/Ralphs or anywhere but last week or so when I went in a 30 pack was up about 7 dollars and a 12 pack up about 4. I'd say it safe to say their sales will plummet.

Old 08-31-2008, 03:20 AM

1,224 posts, read 2,126,102 times
Here in Utah you can only buy 3.2% in the grocery stores. If you want the higher stuff you have to go to the state run liquer store. So last week I thought I would treat DH too a six pack of real beer, too my shock they charged buy the bottle so it was 1.80 to 2.00 per beer a six pack would run you 10.80 to 12 dollars (this was for miller) The micro brew stuff was more. Needless to say DH got the grocery store stuff. Weird thing though the wine was really reasonable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages