U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 10:01 PM

3,031 posts, read 5,286,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Come on people the only way to drink Schnapps is staight up baby!
You said it!! It is, after all, a health drink. To illustrate my point, I have in front of me a little brown bag containing a tiny bottle of herb schnapps. Actually, it just has the bottle which used to contain the herb schnapps.
The brand is Underberg, and the label says "After a good meal, Underberg to feel bright and alert".

So who the heck needs coffee??

As well as Butterscotch, herb is my favorite flavor. But peach and apple are nice as well. Oh, and cherry, how could you go past cherry??
Mmmmmmmm....schnapps!
Haven't seen root beer flavor..could you really get away with drinking that at work? Industrious minds want to know!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2008, 10:59 PM

5,500 posts, read 20,010,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Its not a schnapps but I think you would like it.

Lemoncello over lots of ice. It tastes like lemonhead middles. If its too bitter add more sugar on your next batch or a sugar cube in the lemoncello disolved. Its good with fresh mint leaves in it.

You can google up recipes on the internet. Best made with grappa but a high quality vodka will work. Use myer lemons. They use sorrentos in italy but I never see them here.
Lemoncello is wonderful and easy to make with vodka. Tastes great in the summer on ice.

However, it tastes NOTHING like schnapps.

Hijacker!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages