U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: When I sit down, I would order a...
Lite Beer -Doesn't fill me up, so more forme to drink. 1 7.69%
Micro Brew - nothing is more refreshing. 7 53.85%
Domestic Brew - if there is one thing we know its how to brew a beer. 2 15.38%
Import - the distance makes the taste much sweeter. 2 15.38%
Would drink anything but a beer. 1 7.69%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 02:10 PM

242 posts, read 752,365 times

Advertisements

What is the beer that just hits the spot? I think I have tried everything under the sun (at least what I can get my hands on at a distributor in PA) but I keep coming back to Molson Canadien. If anybody has got anything that tops this, i'd love to hear it....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2008, 02:32 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 17,093,460 times
Hi, jeff. I couldn't vote because I like a different type of beer at different times. I guess my favorite beer is the icey, cold one.

Have you ever had the "genuine" Molson as opposed to the imported? Even better.

Old 11-06-2008, 02:36 PM

750 posts, read 2,497,773 times
My fav is Labatts Blue....followed by all the great micro-brew beers in the area. Shorts Magician or Huma luma licous are great when I am in a Hop mood.

I also adore Leininkugels Original and Northwoods Lager

Old 11-06-2008, 02:42 PM

242 posts, read 752,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Hi, jeff. I couldn't vote because I like a different type of beer at different times. I guess my favorite beer is the icey, cold one.

Have you ever had the "genuine" Molson as opposed to the imported? Even better.
I have, but I just keep going back to the imported....just crisp and perfect.

Old 11-06-2008, 03:13 PM

There's just something about Canadian beer. First hubby and I used to zip across the border, pick up a case of Blue Light and zip back. Of course, we always reported it to customs. wink, wink, nudge, nudge!

Old 11-06-2008, 04:24 PM
RHB

1,096 posts, read 1,876,604 times
How about Sam Addams?

I didn't vote either...I'm not sure the difference between a micro, and a local brew....

Old 11-06-2008, 05:35 PM

Sam's good. I got a bit tipsy with Sam at Cheers in Boston one time. ((singing)) Memories....like the corners of your mind...

Old 11-06-2008, 07:55 PM

5,683 posts, read 9,111,116 times
Living in Wisconsin, it's well-nigh impossible to pick *just one* favorite beer. We're greatly blessed with gifted brewmasters here, and we do our best to support as many of them as we can (and still function, of course).

At the Great Dane Brew Pub in downtown Madison, my spouse's preferred brew is the Texas Speed Bump, a nice hoppy pale ale. I like their Stone of Scone Scotch Ale, though it kicks me in the pants - at my age, I don't have much head for beer any more.

The Ale Asylum is a microbrewery on the east side, close to where we live, and they make a Hop-A-Licious that my spouse really enjoys. I like their Mad-Town Nutbrown Ale a lot.

Capitol Brewery out in Middleton does some really, really fine beers. They have a wheat beer called Island Wheat (made with wheat grown on Washington Island at the tip of Wisconsin's Door County) that is about the only wheat beer I like. And their Blond Doppelbock is outstanding.

Lake Louie Brewery does micro-micro brews, so small that they're hard to find in the store sometimes. I am particularly fond of their Warped Speed Scotch Ale, while the spouse prefers their Arena Premium Pale.

Furthermore Beers is a relatively new addition to Wisconsin's breweries, but we think they have a bright future. Their Knot Stock is a lovely pale ale, infused with a bit of black pepper - really! - that is deceptive in the way it sneaks up on you. Fatty Boombalatty is a creative approach to a Belgian ale that is quite fine.

And of course, Leinenkugel's is the always-safe Wisconsin standby. I really like Leinie's Red and their Oktoberfest. The spouse likes those, as well as their Berry Weiss in the summertime.

No, I really can't pick just one. Some of those are micros, at least a couple are micro-micros, while Leinie's is close to nation-wide, but they're all Wisconsin, and they're all wonderful.

Old 11-06-2008, 08:11 PM

83 posts, read 238,476 times
I prefer "Lite Beer -Doesn't fill me up, so more forme to drink."..

Old 02-04-2010, 11:18 AM

3,464 posts, read 1,648,784 times
best beer? COLD Beer, of course...

next best beer? yours.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages