U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 09:00 AM

509 posts, read 1,006,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandaundercover View Post
Agreed; alcohol tastes like sh**! Unless you sugar it down. But by then, I'm better off drinking soda.

On the other hand, I think most people drink it because they like how it kills your thinking cells. My husband hates his job, so he drowns himself in vodka so he doesn't have to think about his day all night, and then think about that he has to go back tomorrow. But he'll admit, it tastes like crap.

We both, however, do like some beers. I'm a fan of beers like Samuel Adams or XX, while he loves German beers. Although again, he drinks them for the effect, more than the taste. I personally, also, can't stand the control and feeling alcohol has over my mind and body, so I tend to avoid them at all costs. I feel like crap drinking alcohol, then I feel like crap when I'm done drinking, so really, it all must be crap. :-)
Jesus, tell it like it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2012, 08:18 PM

594 posts, read 1,174,765 times
Try a good brandy on the rocks.

Even high end rums are great by themselves.

Old 07-16-2012, 08:20 PM

242 posts, read 381,469 times
Hummmmmm, taste was irrelevant, back when I was drinking, I drank for effect.

Old 07-16-2012, 09:46 PM

26,160 posts, read 15,281,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron.
I do not like the taste. It took me years to figure that out. I knew I did not like it but I never could put my finger on why I did not. Then one day it hit me, "I don't like the taste".
I think its totally disgusting!!!!!!

I really dont know how people like this stuff,ITS AWEFUL!!

Old 07-16-2012, 10:46 PM

414 posts, read 896,185 times
Pure alcohol? Not really... Sure, I've been known to take Everclear shots and I keep a bottle around to boost up various drinks, but it's certainly not a regular thing.

I love fruity and sour drinks, adult beverages where I can't even taste the alcohol, but instead are just nice and flavorful. I'll have a periodic shot, but (unless I'm being judged by friends ) I'll go with something like raspberry vodka rather than a traditional shot like rum, tequila, vodka, etc.

For the longest time the only alcoholic beverages I enjoyed were liquor. I simply wouldn't touch beer, because I hated it. A friend tried to introduce me to the joys of beer through some horrible Sam Adams and I was barely able to get through a few sips. I also tried Corona on my own and after a couple of hours ended up capping it and "saving it for later." I've since developed somewhat of a taste for beer, but my preferences still run toward the light ales and "skunky" beers as opposed to the "complex" and "dark" beers. Nonetheless, if offered a choice, I'll go with a mixed drink over beer most of the time.

Old 07-16-2012, 10:47 PM

4,004 posts, read 5,268,030 times
BEER.

Proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Old 07-17-2012, 07:39 AM

7,936 posts, read 13,835,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lentzr View Post
Do people actually like the taste of alcohol? I think it tastes like &^($# That is just my opinion. I only drink it on very rare occasions because everyone else does. However, I never liked how 99% of the drinks tasted. Do people actually like alcohol or does everyone else just drink to socialize and feel better? I am just curious.
Straight liquor....no, I hate pretty much any straight liquor. I do like beer (certain beers) though.

Old 10-03-2012, 01:46 PM

317 posts, read 482,998 times
I Love It, i even got alcohol for blood

BEER is the nectar of the GODS

Old 10-04-2012, 08:49 PM

1,642 posts, read 4,511,609 times
I think it's an ACQUIRED taste(hope I spelled that write...I'm Drunk)

Old 10-04-2012, 08:52 PM

35,121 posts, read 39,979,322 times
Even though this thread is old I will never understand the mindset of humans who say: "I only drink at a party/bar/wedding (fill in the blank)......because everyone else does". Would you jump off a cliff if everyone else was jumping off the cliff? I do not drink if I do not feel like having a drink, period and I do not care what anyone is doing or thinks about my not having a drink.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages