Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 01:45 AM

1,780 posts, read 2,352,293 times

Advertisements

I asked and now I shall answer as well.

When I think of beer I think of two thing:

1st-Deliciously crafted beers made by micro breweries.

2nd-My own home brewed beer.

When I think of wine, I think of the wine I have learned to make and discovering those select unpopular wines made by the few that care about the product.

Simply put...Mass produced commercial products dont make my . Not saying anything is wrong if you it does for you...wait, actually I am.

Please, get away from that generic **** flavored "beer" and "wine"

Coors, budweiser, miller, and carona is not beer its slightly alcoholic carbonated rice water.

When it comes to wine...box wine, boones, and coolers are not wine.

If its cheap there is a reason for it. So, please spend a few more dollars and get the good stuff. If you dont like the way it tastes...guess what, that is what it is supposed to taste like.

If you think Pabst, or bud lite taste good and say a dogfish head 60min IPA tastes horrid, then please stop drinking beer for a while and clean your pallet. When you have gone without that crap for a bit, try a blue moon...yes, blue moon is made by coors but it is a great starting point for tasteless beer drinkers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2009, 09:04 PM

5,054 posts, read 6,897,477 times
Beer = yuck

Wine = I'm gonna get 500 bottles of Sweet Red for my week off.

Old 09-26-2009, 10:32 PM

7,639 posts, read 18,121,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
I am doing some research and would like some honest opinions.

1st. Okay, I want to know...when I say beer what comes to mind?

2nd. When I say wine, what comes to mind?
1st. Natural Light, Bud Light, Miller Light, Corona. As far as I know, I hate beer, but all I've tried is Corona.

(If you're looking for situations, then frat parties and football games)

2nd. Franzia, Asti Spumante, Boone's Farm, Champagne, Bordeaux. Don't really care for wine, but it's not bad when you combine it with Fanta or 7up.

(For situations, a nice meal at a classy restaurant, snootier social events, and antiquity)

I'm not too fond of alcoholic beverages in general, though I do like them when mixed with a soft drink. (I once knew a girl who could make an awesome rum, and even vodka can taste good when diluted with pop). I really can't stand beer, from what I've tried, but don't mind trying wines as wine does not have that "party" cachet. (Yeah, I'm 23, can you believe it?) I don't mind sake, not so much because of the taste, but because of the unique experience of drinking it, especially hot and in a good sushi bar

But really, after the activities people mentioned having a nice, cold beer over, I'd prefer diet pop or even Kool-Aid.

Old 09-27-2009, 01:09 AM

17,474 posts, read 66,035,782 times
When someone says "beer"-
I think REAL BEER! Like the countless steins I drank in Germany, or the countless pints in England. American beer is cheap, light, and usually too damn cold (although that can be refreshing when it's hotter than blue blazes outside). Craft beer (microbrew) is definitely my beer of choice. And I refuse to drink anything that has A.B. written on it anywhere. That &#*@ is disgusting!

Wine?
I usually think whine. And, "Do you want cheese with that whine".
Really- A Cab', or a Merlot. Rich tannins, currant, chocolate, velvety smooth, with an inviting bouquet and a clean finish. Oh, and don't forget the 22oz. cowboy rib eye- rare, and a steamed veggie (Potato ruins the finish of good wine).

Old 02-03-2010, 07:43 PM

3,464 posts, read 1,896,742 times
beer: Bud, John Deere, college football (go SEC), I'll have another...

wine: merlot, white zin, cab sav, France...

Old 02-04-2010, 09:39 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,954,125 times
When I drink wine, it makes me sleepy, but after sleeping for 2-3 hours, I wake up and can't get back to sleep. So I avoid wine, and haven't had any in decades.

I drink a beer about every other day, and it has no effect at all, just a refreshing cold drink with a taste I enjoy occasionally. If somebody offers me a Lite beer, I politely decline. How can anybody drink that stuff?

Old 02-04-2010, 09:43 AM

41,958 posts, read 75,174,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fractured_kidult View Post
1st. Okay, I want to know...when I say beer what comes to mind?
Sounds good to me!

Quote:
2nd. When I say wine, what comes to mind?
Sounds good to me!

Old 02-04-2010, 09:49 AM

16,904 posts, read 16,123,046 times
Some of you are in danger of going to hell for what you have said about beer.

Old 02-04-2010, 09:57 AM

3,464 posts, read 1,896,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
Some of you are in danger of going to hell for what you have said about beer.

Is there COLD beer in hell...?

Old 02-04-2010, 10:37 AM

3,010 posts, read 6,306,296 times
When I think of beer, some great German and Dutch lagers,Czech pilsners, Belgian Trappist ales and a few American Microbrews such as Stoudt's, Sam Adams, Prima, Victory and Stone.

Wine, once a year, maybe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages