Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 01:50 PM

2,352 posts, read 2,270,485 times

Advertisements

I was in Texas recently and saw a write up on Tito's Vodka.

Bought a bottle last night for a try.

All I can say is it is easily the best I've yet tasted. Smooooooth as a baby's butt. I was really shocked. It was so good, I couldn't bear mixing it and just drank it straight.

Anyone else try this stuff? I highly recommend it. I like it better that Grey Goose, Stoly, Kettle One, Absolute, Finladia, Ciroc, Turi, and several other higher end ones I've tried.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2009, 03:23 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,051,000 times
I love Tito's!!! (and it's a great buy too). I read an article about it and decided to buy it.

I also like these, but they are more expensive:

CHOPIN VODKA (potato vodka)

Van Gogh Vodka - Super Premium Vodka, Flavored Vodka, and Gin (http://vangoghvodka.com/index.html - broken link) (was actually on sale and at the same price as Tito's the other day).

Jewel of Russia (really pricey)

Old 12-15-2009, 02:43 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,010,947 times
We like Tito's

Old 12-15-2009, 05:37 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,791,423 times
I like mine in a glass with ice...little V8, dash of Kosher pickle juice, grind of pepper, pinch of sea salt, couple dashes of hot sauce, stir,
and toss one of those pickles from the jar in along with a celery stick, scallion maybe Meal in a glass....

Old 12-16-2009, 06:44 AM

1,032 posts, read 3,912,232 times
I heard about Tito's, read his amazing story, saw the awards he was winning and was determined to try some. I was living in Kentucky at the time and wasn't sure if I'd be able to find it, but sure enough my usual place stocked it. Wanted to like it so much, but...nope. It's difficult for me to describe what I dislike about it, but I think mostly it's because I'm such a bourbon fan, that tasting another 'corn' spirit that isn't bourbon just seems off. It's too sweet and just doesn't taste like vodka to me.

I'm a huge fan of potato vodkas though. I just get Luksusowa, because I can't tell the difference between it and Chopin except at the cash register.

Old 12-16-2009, 06:58 AM

738 posts, read 2,951,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Chong View Post
I love Tito's!!! (and it's a great buy too). I read an article about it and decided to buy it.

I also like these, but they are more expensive:

CHOPIN VODKA (potato vodka)

Van Gogh Vodka - Super Premium Vodka, Flavored Vodka, and Gin (http://vangoghvodka.com/index.html - broken link) (was actually on sale and at the same price as Tito's the other day).

Jewel of Russia (really pricey)
You're speaking my language now, those are all some of my favorites as well. I keep Chopin at home a lot as my snazzy vodka, and I love the Van Gogh Espresso flavored vodka - it tastes just like coffee.

We have a bar in DC called Russia House and it's a vodka bar with like 100+ types of Vodka. They have many of the jewel of russia vodkas there. My favorite there is Mernaya "Rowanberry" with a splash of apple juice on top. The bar serves all their vodkas on the rocks, but most of them taste very good straight up even. Cool place.
The Russia House Restaurant & Lounge

Old 12-16-2009, 07:04 AM

21,870 posts, read 15,051,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHokiesGo View Post
You're speaking my language now, those are all some of my favorites as well. I keep Chopin at home a lot as my snazzy vodka, and I love the Van Gogh Espresso flavored vodka - it tastes just like coffee.

We have a bar in DC called Russia House and it's a vodka bar with like 100+ types of Vodka. They have many of the jewel of russia vodkas there. My favorite there is Mernaya "Rowanberry" with a splash of apple juice on top. The bar serves all their vodkas on the rocks, but most of them taste very good straight up even. Cool place.
The Russia House Restaurant & Lounge
I'm jumping on the next flight. Pick me up and we will start happy hour when I get there

Old 12-16-2009, 12:32 PM

7,216 posts, read 11,900,448 times
I like Tito's. Also like Van Gough and Kettle One.

Old 12-17-2009, 06:13 AM

26,987 posts, read 43,537,741 times
Skyy90

Skyy90 | Gruppo Campari

Old 12-18-2009, 05:55 PM

8,091 posts, read 15,389,308 times
All you Tito fans might be interested in this post over in the Freebie Forum. (Offer expires 12/31/09)

FREE Titos Vodka Personalized Labels
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages