Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 09:16 PM

1,032 posts, read 3,909,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naptowner View Post
Wild Turkey (just curious - how much rye does Wild Turkey bourbon contain? I know Wild Turkey makes a rye whisk(e)y, but bourbon has to have at least 51% corn.)
No one knows for sure but Jimmy Russell, but I suspect that it is pretty high, maybe 40%? Just taking a stab at it. I've done side by side comparisons of their 101 bourbon and 101 rye, and there is not a huge difference. The rye is a little drier, little more peppery, but I could tell they were both Wild Turkey products blindfolded.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2010, 07:29 PM

2,450 posts, read 5,579,812 times
I don't drink as much these days. I started of Jack in high school of course. Wild Turkey used to be my common, more affordable bourbon post-college (I'm not so into Beam). I like some others: buffalo trace, 4 roses, maker's. In Kentucky my experience was that they seem to think Woodford Reserve was handed out by God, like its the most elite, hand-crafted Bourbon. I didn't find it particularly special and the tour sucks as well (although they are all pretty similar tours). I tend to drink any whiskey/bourbon neat with 2 or 3 cubes.

Old 01-12-2010, 09:07 PM

475 posts, read 1,640,420 times
Life is to short to drink cheap whisky. Makers, Woodford with a little ice is life's little bessing. god bless Bourbon county and Kentucky.

Old 01-24-2010, 03:41 PM

174 posts, read 373,438 times
Last August I began my exploration of bourbon, starting with Maker's Mark. I had a horrible first impression of it, threw it away, took it back out and used the rest as a mixer. Before that, I was only drinking Manischewitz concorde grape wine. Now, five months later, I am back into bourbon, this time with a miniature Wild Turkey 101 and now working on a 750 mL Wild Turkey 80. Exploring it much more cautiously, in a blend with American Honey.

Old 01-25-2010, 06:19 PM

3,037 posts, read 5,913,711 times
Jack girl here, JD for everyday, Gentleman Jack for birthdays, weddings, parties, days ending in 'y'.
Don't mind Johnnie Walker blue label either. I have a tiny drop left, I just take the lid off and sniff it now and then.
I cannot stand any kind of spirit mixed, either straight up or on the rocks for me.

Old 01-25-2010, 10:22 PM

38,707 posts, read 102,794,286 times
Used to be a fan of Canadian Club (or Crown Royal when I wasn't feeling cheap) and numerous Irish whiskeys. Never cared much for scotch or bourbon. Anyway, don't much care for Canadian whiskey any more, and I'm starting to lose my taste for Irish whiskey as well. I bought a bottle of Jameson about a month ago, took one swig, and decided it would be the last bottle of Jameson I buy. The only ones I truly enjoy any more are the aged single malts from Bushmill's. Bushmill's 16 is absolutely killer, but cripes is it expenive. Bushmill's 10 is a reasonably priced alternative that's nearly as tasty.

I realize this is sacrilege to bourbon aficionados, but Wild Turkey American Honey is a guilty pleasure of mine.

Old 01-26-2010, 03:16 PM

791 posts, read 1,429,345 times
Default The peak whiskey experience

The Glenlivet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages