Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2010, 12:54 PM

2,790 posts, read 6,351,220 times

Advertisements

..... so I have no idea the answer to this question. Ounce for ounce, do beer, wine, and liquor (whiskey, scotch, vodka, gin, etc) have the same amount of sugar? If they are different, which has the least sugar?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2010, 01:59 PM

1,116 posts, read 2,963,324 times
Nope...beer and wine have the most sugar, and the liquors have the least. But the ethanol replaces the sugar, so you don't really get a calorie break.

Calorically ounce per ounce beer and wine are less, but since I doubt you're going to be doing a shot of beer or wine, generally shots of liquor are less calorically heavy. Something like 70-90 calories per shot depending on the liquor?

Old 02-08-2010, 07:05 PM

8,091 posts, read 15,432,086 times
And if you're asking about sugar because of carbs - plain hard liquor has trace carbs, less than 1 gram per ounce. Mix it with a diet soda and you're still at trace carbs.

I have no idea when it comes to the 'flavored' liquor like raspberry vodka.

Old 02-10-2010, 12:17 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,797,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MICoastieMom View Post
..... so I have no idea the answer to this question. Ounce for ounce, do beer, wine, and liquor (whiskey, scotch, vodka, gin, etc) have the same amount of sugar? If they are different, which has the least sugar?
When I'm out drinking I don't notice the sugar in my drinks. I'm more focused on my fatty hot wings. Excuse me miss, are these wings cooked in peanut oil. Can, I get some low-cal blu cheese.

Old 02-10-2010, 12:28 PM

10,214 posts, read 17,869,223 times
Wine itself doesn't even have the same amount of sugar in every wine - the amount of residual sugar in a wine is what determines how sweet or dry it is.

Old 02-10-2010, 12:42 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,238,533 times
If you drink a plain vodka mixed with a diet soda it is carb and sugar free, but alcohol itself carries 7 calories calories per gram which is pretty heavy. Personally I do not care since I love to drink.

Old 02-11-2010, 11:01 AM

2,543 posts, read 4,885,027 times
I quit drinking myself just a couple of weeks ago (yeah, I had relapsed. Hanging out with the wrong person).

Yeah, the liquors have least, but they sure get you drunk quicker though. When I did drink I preferred beer or wine (I hardly ever got drunk on them). The harder stuff, yeah, I would be drunk in like 2 hours. That stuff goes through me too damn quickly.

Old 02-11-2010, 11:21 AM

2,543 posts, read 4,885,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
If you drink a plain vodka mixed with a diet soda it is carb and sugar free, but alcohol itself carries 7 calories calories per gram which is pretty heavy. Personally I do not care since I love to drink.
Why, you were expecting to meet me or something? I still go out and such, but I just hate being drunk anymore (the last 2 years I've drank, I had always wind up drunk). Not good.

Old 02-11-2010, 11:41 AM

5,064 posts, read 15,897,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Personally I do not care since I love to drink.
LOL, Cheers!

Wine always hits me fast, the next thing I know I am babbling like an idiot. Beer and hard liquor don't have that effect on me, although I don't drink hard liquor very often. Maybe if people aren't measuring it properly, they are drinking more than they realize? Beer comes pre-measured, making it easy to keep track of how much you are drinking.

After looking up the sugar content of alcohol, I see wine tops the list. I'm hypoglycemic (low blood sugar), and now I'm wondering if that's why wine always gets me drunk so quickly, the high sugar content? Maybe it's messing with my sugar levels. Interesting.

Sugar Content in Liquors, Vodka, Alcohol and Fruit Sugar

Old 02-11-2010, 11:04 PM

3,464 posts, read 1,896,837 times
[quote=MICoastieMom;12810943]....
Ounce for ounce, do beer, wine, and liquor..........................................
quote]

"i dont drink much"..

. well, thats ur problem.....:shocke d:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages