Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 06:43 PM

44,620 posts, read 61,578,192 times

Advertisements

All my nose hairs have been removed. No problem. No more stuff collecting and clinging to the hairs and clogging up the passage ways.

When you first pull them you do get some minor irritation from inflamation which simulates a allergy reaction. After it heals and you keep moisturizing the area the irritation goes away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2012, 10:25 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,928,948 times
Why do you think those nose hairs are in there? They filter out and trap small particles in the atmosphere, and keep them from getting through to your mucus membranes where they can cause allergic reactions. The designers of the human body knew what they were doing, don't mess with the plan. Leave them there, except the ones that project out of the nose and tickle your upper lip when you try to go to sleep at night.

Old 03-21-2012, 10:42 PM

44,620 posts, read 61,578,192 times
OK Dr Jtur, I'll mention that to my ENT doctor who took out the hairs. And I'll have to also ask that designer of humans to put that cancer back in and to lenthen that one short leg.

Old 03-30-2020, 06:07 AM

1 posts, read 1,196 times
Default Nose hair trimming(allergies)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert321 View Post
Four days ago I trimmed all of my nose hairs way back, and plucked a few. Within a couple of hours, I noticed I was getting a stuffy and runny nose. The next day, I had a very bad runny nose and constant sneezing. My symptoms have gotten a little better over the past couple of days, but I still constantly feel like I need to sneeze, with a runny nose.

I have a history of environmental allergies. I had to stop allergy immunotherapy injections 3.5 months ago due to having no insurance. Yet, I have had no problems or increase in allergy symptoms since.

What am I experiencing? Did trimming my nose hairs way back make me more suspectable to some kind of allergy attack? Could this just be a cold? ( I have NO other symptoms).

Can anyone suggest an over the counter remedy to try to help this along. I was considering saline nasal irrigation? (I can't take antihistamines due to already existing chronic dry eye condition.)

Thank you!
I have the same problem and googled it to see if anyone else had this issue and your post was the first thing to come up. Every time I shave my nose hair my allergies almost immediately start acting up.

Old 04-09-2020, 11:28 PM

49 posts, read 35,416 times
It is safe to trim or remove nose hair but there can be problems if you overdo it. Nose hair keeps the particles away and stop them from entering your body, which helps in reducing allergies and infections.

Old 04-13-2020, 07:42 AM

2 posts, read 2,255 times
I have the same experience. Some while ago I have a beard and mustache. So, once I took a decision to shave. I was really impressed what a “bushes” in my nose! Trimmed them too. In spring I have always had an allergy, but the “bushes” that I had before protected me little bit, so the reaction wasn’t so acute. Without “natural” protection against allergy I have started to feel worse than before. The doctor said that the problem should be solved. We have made test with the bioresonance device and found that my microbiome is full of pathogens (fungi, bacteria etc.) that causes the allergy reaction. Moreover, I eat too much sweets, simple carbs that makes fungi proliferate faster. And excessive pathogens cause an even stronger allergic reaction. I have reduced sugar and bakery from my diet and made several treatment sessions. The result was amazing. Almost the allergy symptoms are gone. What I would like to say. The hair in nose can help to reduce an allergy symptom a little. But the reason of it is deep inside. My advice first tries to reduce sweets and simple carbs from your diet. If you cope with allergy inside you will be able to trim the hair in your nose even every day, of course if it's necessary. But don't forget about viruses. Dry mucosa of the nose and also without hair can't prevent entering the viruses, how it was already mentioned in comment above.

Old 04-14-2020, 02:57 AM

164 posts, read 127,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redjan1225 View Post
Nose hairs filter out dust and pollens. It is okay to trim them from protruding from the exterior of the nose, but you should not remove all of them. I did that once and actually got sores in my nose.

I agree with the advice to use some cream on a Q-Tip for now. Antibiotic ointment is not necessary. Try Vaseline or Aquaphor.
Hi,

I agree with your point, trimming some of the nose hair is fine but don't remove all of them. Also, you can consult with your doctor if you have severe allergy problem.

Thanks.

Old 04-15-2020, 04:15 AM

1 posts, read 1,128 times
Question Pathogens inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Shultz View Post
I have the same experience. Some while ago I have a beard and mustache. So, once I took a decision to shave. I was really impressed what a “bushes” in my nose! Trimmed them too. In spring I have always had an allergy, but the “bushes” that I had before protected me little bit, so the reaction wasn’t so acute. Without “natural” protection against allergy I have started to feel worse than before. The doctor said that the problem should be solved. We have made test with the bioresonance device and found that my microbiome is full of pathogens (fungi, bacteria etc.) that causes the allergy reaction. Moreover, I eat too much sweets, simple carbs that makes fungi proliferate faster. And excessive pathogens cause an even stronger allergic reaction. I have reduced sugar and bakery from my diet and made several treatment sessions. The result was amazing. Almost the allergy symptoms are gone. What I would like to say. The hair in nose can help to reduce an allergy symptom a little. But the reason of it is deep inside. My advice first tries to reduce sweets and simple carbs from your diet. If you cope with allergy inside you will be able to trim the hair in your nose even every day, of course if it's necessary. But don't forget about viruses. Dry mucosa of the nose and also without hair can't prevent entering the viruses, how it was already mentioned in comment above.

Hi, what device you have used? I have tried one from Germany, the results of treatment were pretty good. But how can you find pathogens inside?

Very interesting, because I don't remember any diagnostic options device could provide.

Old 04-18-2020, 03:37 PM

2 posts, read 2,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert J. Fletcher View Post
Hi, what device you have used? I have tried one from Germany, the results of treatment were pretty good. But how can you find pathogens inside?

Very interesting, because I don't remember any diagnostic options device could provide.
The device called Sensitive audit. I was suprised by the number of options that the device provides.
So, mail me in dm if you need more info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies