U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2011, 03:43 PM

3,790 posts, read 7,789,169 times

Advertisements

I am sorry if this has been discussed, but as a year-round allergy sufferer, for some reason this spring has been awful. Already had one upper-resp infection, sinus infection that worked in pink-eye and now a head cold. Not sure if my Singulair is even working anymore. Anyone else going through a rough spring?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2011, 07:11 PM

1,671 posts, read 1,670,504 times
I think it is worse. My doc switched me from Zyrtec to Singulair, but that hasn't helped. I've gone back to Zyrtec. Maybe it's the cicadas

Just kidding. I live in Nashville and we have been overwhelmed the past couple of weeks--bugs everywhere. At work we blame everything on the cicadas!!

Old 05-29-2011, 06:38 AM

9,594 posts, read 17,174,264 times
I've been watching everyone around me suffering and feeling really lucky that I've escaped most of it because I've had horrible allergies in the past--ones that have sent me to the hospital at times or that have caused me to have to leave a place. Once I and a group of friends went out to a winery for a day and pitched our blanket on the lawn and started to drink some wine and I began sneezing so bad that we all had to leave. No fun so I feel yer all's pain.

This year has been great for me though, despite the worst allergy season in the history of St Louis. I think the reasons are two: I now have a neti pot and I take vitamin D3. I noticed the effects of the vitamin almost immediately after I started taking it and it really helps--as much as zyrtec does. The neti pot cleans out the pollen and dust from my nasal passages and I can't brag enough about it either. When I got lazy about using it for awhile and had a head cold that turned into a sinus/ear infection, I used the neti with a drop of oil of oregano and cured the sinus infection myself without having to go to the Dr and that's major b/c I'm sure you all know that antibiotics just don't work all that well anymore. Well OoO is a natural AB and with the neti you can put it right where you need it to cure the infection. I've tried all sorts of remedies in my life--natural and pharmaceutical, and these two things work the best.

Old 05-29-2011, 08:34 AM

1,019 posts, read 1,867,141 times
I've suffered from allergies since I was in my early 20s, but I haven't had anything as severe as what you described this year. I'm not taking any prescription allergy meds, and have been able to get by using eye wash and a Neti pot to rinse out my sinuses occasionally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies