Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2009, 12:28 PM

2 posts, read 6,361 times

Advertisements

I've been doing some research online in regards to allergies and diabetes, and I've found some interesting stuff. Hoping it build up more. One of the sites I looked around has an interesting quiz for allergy awareness:

Some really informative allergy tips and diabetes articles from Canadian pharmacist and wellness company Rexall.ca:

Allergy

If you can avoid or reduce your exposure to things that trigger or worsen your allergy symptoms, you will experience much greater relief. It can also help to maximize the relief you get from any allergy medications you're using.

Here are several ways to reduce your exposure to pollen and get more allergy relief:

1. DO keep windows closed during pollen season, including your car – use air conditioning instead.
2. DO use a HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Air) filter to reduce pollen and other allergens and irritants in your home, such as dust, mould, and smoke.
3. DON'T go outdoors on dry, windy days, and early morning (between 5 and 10 am), when pollen counts are highest. Plan outdoors activities for later in the day, when pollen counts are lower.
4. DO wear glasses or sunglasses to minimize pollen getting into your eyes.
5. DON'T hang out clothes to dry on the clothesline, since pollen tends to collect on them, causing you to bring them inside.
6. DO change your clothes and shower once you come home to avoid spreading pollen indoors.
7. DO try to eliminate allergens from your home where possible. Do not allow smoking within the home, minimize dust and eliminate pets.
8. DON'T take your antihistamines sporadically when symptoms are worst. Antihistamines work by preventing the release of histamine and its resultant symptoms. They are not as effective if taken after histamine is already present in the body. Therefore, taking them regularly during throughout the season will provide you with maximum relief.
9. DO take your antihistamines well before you head outdoors – just like sunscreen – to give them a chance to work. It's easier to prevent symptoms than to stop them.

You can even try out your knowledge with their allergy wellness quiz: do you know the difference between a cold or allergies?

Rexallâ„¢ Canadian Retail Pharmacy | In Store | Allergy > Quiz

Diabetes

I believe the new site just launched, but they have a boat load of articles on diabetes wellness. I was searching up diabetes info on the site and found all this content, though I'd share. url for articles: Rexallâ„¢ Canadian Retail Pharmacy | Health Advisor | Search Results for Diabetes

If you have other great diabetes or allergy content found elsewhere, post up here! Trying to get as much as I can on the subjects.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies