U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 08:20 AM

19,607 posts, read 18,679,720 times

Advertisements

I just remembered another online resource that I found not too long ago. It's called Phoenix Rising. People from all over the world discussing chronic fatigue/fibromyalgia and what has worked for them, what has not worked. There are suggestions for detoxification procedures since it *could* have started with over exposure to some chemical or even such things as copper or other substance that can be damaging when you get too much of it. Some researchers have posted on that site and it's active with suggestions on things that can help you.

Old 11-04-2013, 08:50 AM

15,254 posts, read 12,489,714 times
Since the industrial age took off many illnesses appeared that never reared their head before.. mostly allergic reactions to substances. , not only allergies but other autoimmune illnesses. some of these illnesses were never heard of before.. our world now in the last 100 years has changed out of recognition with smelly shampoos. perfumes , air fresheners etc made with chemcals household products for cleaning full of toxins that are not required for cleaning.. many more cars on the road. more pollution , and our bodies cant cope..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2013, 10:58 AM

28 posts, read 90,274 times
fibromyalgia is probably a gut issue from the ileocecal valve. Google it and check it out Moderator cut: no advertisingseems like you have a lot going on that can also complicate things. Moderator cut: no advertising but i would hope you could find someone who can help you.

Last edited by in_newengland; 11-06-2013 at 10:17 PM..

Old 11-10-2013, 07:11 AM

812 posts, read 978,036 times
Many times people diagnosed with Fibromyalgia actually have Lyme Disease, that is why they don't feel better when they do Fibro treatments. Have you ever been tested for Lyme?

I live in New England where Lyme is an epidemic. Many many people are diagnosed with other things (Fibro, MS, CFS, ect.) and finally get the correct diagnosis of Lyme, start treatment, and start to feel better.

Just putting another thought out there.

Old 11-11-2013, 12:08 PM

28 posts, read 90,274 times
Lyme disease is an epidemic! So that could be it as well, but beware on getting it tested, they only test certain strains, so if you have one that they aren't looking for, it can come back NEG but still be the problem. I would recommend seeing a certain type of doctor in your area, but I guess that's call advertising, so good luck.

Old 01-07-2014, 02:27 PM

741 posts, read 1,382,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Since the industrial age took off many illnesses appeared that never reared their head before.. mostly allergic reactions to substances. , not only allergies but other autoimmune illnesses. some of these illnesses were never heard of before.. our world now in the last 100 years has changed out of recognition with smelly shampoos. perfumes , air fresheners etc made with chemcals household products for cleaning full of toxins that are not required for cleaning.. many more cars on the road. more pollution , and our bodies cant cope..
Yes indeed. There are some 70,000 + chemicals and they are everywhere. That is why cancer is on the increase. How long will it take for our leaders to see this and put a stop to it. Of course you realize that we would have to roll our lifestyles back 50 or more years. Personally I wouldn't mind. I'd miss the internet, but could find plenty else to do..like buy more real books.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies