U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 10:04 AM

1,260 posts, read 1,929,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
Prednisone, wipes them out immediately.
Yep, no medicine I've ever taken nor any neti pot, steam, etc has made my sinues drain faster. However I don't like the side effects that come with it.

Also, I take either Allegra or Zyrtec as well. I think the body becomes immune to these types of drugs and they don't work after afterwhile so I try not to take them too often. That's what happened to me with Claritin, worked great for a while, but now does nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2013, 02:32 PM

741 posts, read 1,388,528 times
Homeopathic allergy remedies always worked for my inhalant allergies.
They worked as well as any of those you are taking without any bad side effects.

Old 09-11-2013, 06:12 AM

1,823 posts, read 2,399,315 times
Took Zyrtec for a second time last night...this time it kept me up, I'm still sniffling a little too. I also noticed that it makes me quite irritable, & it makes me pee a LOT.

Old 09-11-2013, 06:49 AM

13,225 posts, read 17,771,271 times
DH and I bit the bullet in April and started a regimen of allergy shots. We are at the peak of the 12 months program as far as dosage and concentration of shots is concerned. No problems playing with our cats, no problems cutting grass or working outside. No medication at all.

Old 09-11-2013, 10:46 AM

I was thinking about going back to Allegra but never helps sinuses. I'm thinking either Allegra D or Claritin D...

Old 09-11-2013, 02:01 PM

5,288 posts, read 17,955,447 times
I have always had very bad allergies since I was 3 years old. When I hit 46 years of age or so I started to have terrible sinus infections 3 or 4 times a year so I was on Z-Pack prescriptions each time - sometimes I'd have to have a second round of antibiotics to clear out the infection. Miserable stuff for sure. One pharmacist recommended Singular - she said it might help. I began taking Singular every day and have never missed a pill - it is the #1 most prescribed allergy medication - it is not an antihistamine and it has few side effects. I have never had another sinus infection - it has been 16 years ago that I took my first pill. Singulair does not work for everyone but it works beautifully for me.

I also take a prescription nose spray each day - Nasonex which helps also and I change out my antihistamine every 2 years or so. My allergist said you need to change antihistamines every couple of years or sometimes more often - and he is right. I now live in the Ohio Valley - allergy sufferers are everywhere but I often skip my antihistamine now because it causes my eyes to be overly dry and I hate fussing with the artificial tears. Still no sign of sinus infection as long as I take my Singulair and nose spray each day.

Old 09-13-2013, 11:39 AM

I took Allegra D for the first time today. I am definately feeling better but, it did make me quite loopy. Having trouble getting work done here at my job...Hoping that will wear off the more I take it over the next few days. I need to get this cleared up for my wedding next weekend.

Old 09-13-2013, 07:25 PM

5,288 posts, read 17,955,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrsydevil82 View Post
I took Allegra D for the first time today. I am definately feeling better but, it did make me quite loopy. Having trouble getting work done here at my job...Hoping that will wear off the more I take it over the next few days. I need to get this cleared up for my wedding next weekend.
As I said, try Singular. Antihistimines alone are not enough. A good prescription nasal spray and Singular along with an antihistimine will probably do the trick.

Old 09-13-2013, 07:53 PM

222 posts, read 397,773 times
For years I've taken Allegra 180. This year, for the first time I got an ear infection. Had no idea they were related until I saw the doctor.

Old 09-13-2013, 07:58 PM

19,836 posts, read 18,845,295 times
Allegra-D contains a really good decongestant, pseudoephedrine. I think it's the same as Clariton-D. They both work for me and nothing else works at all--I think I must have tried everything at least once over the years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies