U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2014, 08:09 AM

449 posts, read 707,031 times

Advertisements

Thank you, daliowa. I have done some saltwater gargling but not with the baking soda mixed in. I'll add that, and I have to run out to Walgreen's, so I'm going to pick up some Pepto Bismal too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2014, 04:54 PM

2,846 posts, read 4,302,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamian in nc View Post
Thank you, daliowa. I have done some saltwater gargling but not with the baking soda mixed in. I'll add that, and I have to run out to Walgreen's, so I'm going to pick up some Pepto Bismal too.

Hope you're feeling better. Canker sores in the mouth are truly awful.

Old 12-01-2014, 08:21 AM

3,330 posts, read 2,122,972 times
I have had this PND now for a while just feel like crap and my stomach is so acidy, nauseous, and just noticed a canker sore on the side of my tongue and HURTS when I talk....gonna take the above routes...Thanks!!

Old 12-02-2014, 05:20 PM

449 posts, read 707,031 times
I can sympathize with your pain, linda814. I have a new one on the side of my tongue too. I don't feel nauseous though, and not acidy either. Good luck. I just spoke with someone on Thanksgiving Day (retired nurse) and she suggested Listerine. Will try that next!

Old 09-17-2018, 01:42 AM

2 posts, read 635 times
I found that albuteral use, for me, correlates with increasingly extreme acid reflux (within only an hour or two of using it). Fortunately, I only need to use it now if I get the flu-- which is how I was finally able to figure out the link. When I, in the past, was told to use it daily, I had no idea why the acid reflux was so terrible, and why no amount of dietary changes helped at all.

Also, it turns out that Omeprezole CAN have the side effect of causing serious depression. Not a great experience! Figured that one out on my own also. When I told my PCP, she said casually, "oh that's really rare." Like, NBD. When I mentioned it to a psychiatrist I know socially, she said,"Yes! That Is A Thing! That class of drug can significantly change the serotonin production in the gut." Sure wish I'd been warned about that first off.

Old 09-17-2018, 08:09 PM

2 posts, read 635 times
So, my internist today said a flat NO to the LW's original question. With zero hesitation or waffling. Just, NO.
He said post nasal drip can cause coughing, and coughing can sometimes increase acid reflux. But NO re PND causing reflux itself.
Which is interesting, because I REALLY feel like controlling PND via the use of Flonase and Clairitin has coincided with an improvement in acid reflux. So I am perplexed!
I gotta take my own experience seriously, though...
Guess the only option is to continue onward through the storm!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies