Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2017, 12:15 PM

2 posts, read 1,550 times

Advertisements

Food allergies is what results, when your Immune system is inappropriately activated. Your Immune system, is designed to attack Bacteria, Viruses and Parasites. It is not intended to attack the nutrients consumed, but this is exactly what happens, when pathogens are allowed to enter the digestive tract.

When the immune system is activated, antibodies (also called Immunoglobulin) are produced. Antibodies, in turn trigger an inflammatory response. Inflammation, causes pain and tissue damage, leading to further symptoms. Increased mucus production is also caused by Allergens, entering the digestive tract.

There are two types of antibodies produced, IgE and IgG ,by the immune system, in response to allergic reaction to foods. The IgE reactions typically occur immediately after the Allergen enters the small bowel. This reaction, in some cases, causes serious health problems. Some of the reactions are; swelling of the lips, tongue, throat, hives, bloating, abdominal pain, vomiting, nausea and sudden diarrhea. IgE reactions can also lead to many other symptoms, not generally recognized as being caused by food allergens.
Many food allergies, are not IgE reactions, but IgG reactions, which usually show up hours, or even days, after the allergen enter the small bowel. IgG reactions usually result in constipation and/or diarrhea, bloating, gas, nausea, stomach growling, and abdominal discomfort. The IgG reaction can also cause drowsiness, or a tired feeling, after eating.

In many instances, food allergies are the result of incomplete sterilization and conversion, of proteins that are consumed. Many proteins are Allergens and will cause allergic reactions, if they are not broken down and sterilized, before entering the small bowel. When proteins enter the stomach, they are broken down and sterilized by strong Hydrochloric acid, produced by the stomach's parietal cells. The proteins are converted into Peptides, by the action of the peptic enzymes. These two elements (hydrochloric acid and pepsin), are responsible for the elimination of many allergens, pathogens and bacteria in the nutrients consumed.

The peptic enzymes, are most active in the conversion of proteins, when the pH of the Hydrochloric acid is at 1.0 to 2.0 pH. When the strength of the acid drops, the peptic enzymes become less active, in the conversion of proteins. At pH 5.0, the peptic enzymes are no longer active, in the conversion of proteins and there is reduced sterilization, of the nutrients. At 5.0 pH, raw unsterilized and unconverted nutrients are dumped into the small bowel, resulting in allergic reactions. There is no diagnostic test, or skin allergy test, to determine if the proteins consumed are being properly sterilized and converted. The reduction in the strength of the Hydrochloric acid is called Hypochlorhydria, in extreme cases it is called Achlorhydria.
Hypochlorhydria can occur at any age, but it usually occurs in the 45 and up age groups. In many cases, as a person ages, the parietal cells wane in their ability to produce strong enough acid. In addition to aging, hydrochloric acid production is inhibited by the use of various medications, such as antibiotics, antihistamines and especially Proton Pump Inhibitors. (PPIs).

Reduction in the strength of the stomach acid, is responsible for people developing food allergies that they never had at a younger age. Everyone that has food allergies should get a pH diagnostic test. A pH diagnostic test will allow a doctor to accurately determine the quantity and type of medication, necessary to correct the unbalance condition, in the digestive tract. There are several types of tests available, search the web for pH diagnostic test, pH capsule test, or pH gastrogram.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2017, 06:40 AM

1,374 posts, read 1,774,439 times
Excellent information.

Old 01-23-2017, 07:09 AM

2,805 posts, read 3,252,433 times
Probiotics help with my food allergies, I take two before I eat something that I know that I am allergic to and I take two before I take a pill that I know that I am usually allergic to, and in both cases it stops me from getting hives at least 90% of the time. I was severely allergic to baby aspirin, if I take baby aspirin with two probiotics then I can do that for 3 days before breaking out, thus I instead take the combo every few days and no issues, that was a major test for me because some compound in many pills cause me to get hives.

Let me add that I always have epinephrine and a syringe around in case I do break out, I would not recommend anyone try what I am doing unless they have some handy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies