Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2017, 07:08 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,370,018 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
This is the 3rd spring I am taking bee pollen to help with my allergies.
It really works.
I don't have the itchy watery eyes and the other symptoms.

I got it at the local farmers market.
It has to be bee pollen from local bees.

Does anyone else take it and does.it work for you?
As a now retire HC professional, who actually worked directly the past half decade in Allergy Clinics. Know just a smidgen about this stuff.

I will never say NAY NAY to it.. BUT will give a huge caveat to MAKE SURE you get cleared for any "Allergy Related Reaction Possibility"!!! Many may never know they are until a sudden onset of "Anaphylactic Response" which is life threatening ( minutes of untreated means DEATH) ..

Nature sure does have answers .. but depending on anyone's life's journey and exposures.. Nobody knows what their vulnerabilities are... So I have a few links to review before anyone blindly goes ALL in for this. Good practitioners SHOULD make sure you aren't ALLERGIC.. but let's face it.. IF you shop online.. they really act when delivering your bought and paid for Bee Pollen pills!

Please read up for those who are thinking about what this treatment is all about ( and NO I'm not against it.. but realize the RISK Factors associated with it!!)

NEGATIVE Review~~

BEE POLLEN: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions and Warnings - WebMD

Quote:
BEE POLLEN
Other Names: Bee Pollen Extract, Buckwheat Pollen, Extrait de Pollen d’Abeille, Honeybee Pollen, Honey Bee Pollen, Maize Pollen, Pine Pollen, Polen de Abeja, Pollen, Pollen d'Abeille, Pollen d’Abeille de Miel, Pollen de Sarrasin.
BEE POLLEN OverviewBEE POLLEN UsesBEE POLLEN Side EffectsBEE POLLEN InteractionsBEE POLLEN Dosing
BEE POLLEN OVERVIEW INFORMATION
Bee pollen refers to the flower pollen that collects on the legs and bodies of worker bees. It can also include some nectar and bee saliva. Pollens come from many plants, so the contents of bee pollen can vary significantly. Don’t confuse bee pollen with bee venom, honey, or royal jelly.

People take bee pollen for nutrition; as an appetite stimulant; to improve stamina and athletic performance; and for premature aging, premenstrual syndrome (PMS), hay fever (allergic rhinitis), mouth sores, joint pain (rheumatism), painful urination, prostate conditions, and radiation sickness.

It is also used for weight loss, bleeding problems including coughing or vomitingblood, bloody diarrhea, nosebleed, brain hemorrhage, and menstrual problems.

Bee pollen is also used for gastrointestinal (GI) problems including constipation, diarrhea, enteritis, and colitis. Some people use bee pollen as a general tonic, to increase urine flow, and for alcohol intoxication.

Bee pollen is used topically for skin care in skin softening products, and for treating eczema, pimples, and diaper rash.

You may hear claims that bee pollen enzymes (chemical compounds that assist in chemical reactions) provide a variety of treatment benefits. However, any enzymes in bee pollen are likely to be digested in the gastrointestinal (GI) tract. There is no reliable evidence indicating that bee pollen enzymes or other ingredients in bee pollen are effective as treatment.

How does it work?
The enzymes in bee pollen are thought to act like medicines. However, these enzymes are broken down in the stomach, so it is unlikely that bee pollen has any effect.
A rather non-partisan review of how Bee Pollen works~~ Lots to read and learn about it!!

Bee Pollen: Chemical Composition and Therapeutic Applicationhttps://www.hindawi.com/journals/ecam/2015/297425/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2017, 05:52 AM

5,661 posts, read 3,520,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
How much do you take and how many times a day? I suffer with severe allergies in the spring too. I have a local farmers market that sells it too. Does it taste yucky???
When I bought it the lady told me to start with one bead, the next day 2 beads, the next day 4 beads, then 8 , just kee doubling it. And stop at about 20.
Every morning I take about 20.
I don't fast anything.
I pop them in my mouth then drink water.
instant taking them late March thru the fall.

If you decide to let me know if they work for you.
I hope so.

Old 05-07-2017, 05:59 AM

5,661 posts, read 3,520,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
As a now retire HC professional, who actually worked directly the past half decade in Allergy Clinics. Know just a smidgen about this stuff.

I will never say NAY NAY to it.. BUT will give a huge caveat to MAKE SURE you get cleared for any "Allergy Related Reaction Possibility"!!! Many may never know they are until a sudden onset of "Anaphylactic Response" which is life threatening ( minutes of untreated means DEATH) ..

Nature sure does have answers .. but depending on anyone's life's journey and exposures.. Nobody knows what their vulnerabilities are... So I have a few links to review before anyone blindly goes ALL in for this. Good practitioners SHOULD make sure you aren't ALLERGIC.. but let's face it.. IF you shop online.. they really act when delivering your bought and paid for Bee Pollen pills!

Please read up for those who are thinking about what this treatment is all about ( and NO I'm not against it.. but realize the RISK Factors associated with it!!)

NEGATIVE Review~~

A rather non-partisan review of how Bee Pollen works~~ Lots to read and learn about it!!

Bee Pollen: Chemical Composition and Therapeutic Applicationhttps://www.hindawi.com/journals/ecam/2015/297425/
Thank you Lyndham for pointing this out.
Important info.

Directions are to start with just one bead in case of such.

Once someone gets allergy shots, aren't they actually getting the product they are allergic too? So they build up an immunity. I forget.
I got allergy shots years back.

Old 05-07-2017, 08:48 AM

20,928 posts, read 28,397,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
When I bought it the lady told me to start with one bead, the next day 2 beads, the next day 4 beads, then 8 , just kee doubling it. And stop at about 20.
Every morning I take about 20.
I don't fast anything.
I pop them in my mouth then drink water.
instant taking them late March thru the fall.

If you decide to let me know if they work for you.
I hope so.
Thanks, I will check out my local farmers market.

Old 05-17-2017, 08:05 AM

965 posts, read 938,193 times
Great post.

When looking for all help I could get With my allergies, I tried bee pollen and I did have a reaction to it. Not severe, but at a point when I couldn't afford to add allergens. I now have slight issues with honey. I don't know that I am allergic to bees/ honey but I know that it does not help me. I am glad it helps some, but it definitely should be tried slowly.

After allergy testing a few years ago I started to avoid every strange thing I was allergic too (a long and complicated list - tha grows longer all the time). It took about a year, but I felt better eventually. Adding anything else (supplements) just made everything worse.
YMMV, and I have suggested local honey to others, but it doesnt help everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post

NEGATIVE Review~~

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies