Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2018, 02:42 PM

23,252 posts, read 18,764,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post

Also, I've been in the same apt for the last 6 yrs...issue started in year 5 of living here. If it was mold or something in this specific apt, etc., I'd think I would have had effects wy by then.
Apartments, common wall condos and townhomes share a building and probably share some degree of the HVAC system too. Things other tenants do could be affecting your living space. New or more pets, pests, general age of the entire building, changes in finishes, changes in landscaping....not just in your own unit. No one truly lives alone in an apartment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2018, 06:16 PM

7,237 posts, read 5,114,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
(I find that belching gives a tad of relief for a few seconds since air is being expelled.)

That reminds me of another common cause of adult onset bronchospasm:

GERD--> acid reflux back up into the throat, then you breath and the acid is aerosolized via the Venturi Effect and the inhaled acid mist causes bronchospasm. This won't respond to steroids (maybe even gets worse), but will be temporarily reversed by beta-agonists (albuterol)..and prevented by H2 inhibitors or PPIs.

ps/ bronchospasm, even in kids, is almost never due to "allergy", ie- activation of the immune response cascade. It's due to activation of the normal protective response of constricting the airways to prevent the inhalation of dirt and bugs and such. "Asthmatics" have a harmfully exaggerated reflex response. In the past, the dx of asthma was confirmed by the bethacholine challenge test- activating nerves and having nothing to do with antibodies & the immune system.

Last edited by guidoLaMoto; 09-13-2018 at 06:28 PM..

Old 09-17-2018, 06:20 AM

12,767 posts, read 14,959,782 times
Thanks a lot guys for your latest posts!

Any other input?

I have my pulmonologist appt in 2 more wks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies