Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 10:11 AM

23,530 posts, read 69,951,025 times

Advertisements

Food allergies CAN be desensitized in many cases. It may sound like witchcraft or mumbo jumbo, but NAET, when in the hands of the right practitioner can work. I went in as a last ditch effort to get relief from some of my food sensitivities, after hearing an RN tell of how she was now eating foods she could never eat before. After about 4 months nearly ALL of my food sensitivities were GONE. Also, FWIW, as a kid I couldn't eat tomato or any citrus without making canker sores. I grew out of that at some point in my life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2010, 11:34 AM

2 posts, read 12,727 times
Finally..... it feels good that others can relate to the horrible effects of fresh tomatoes....can someone be as kind to be specific on the chain of symptoms that occur when they have digested a fresh tomato?

I experience a very quick swelling reaction on my lips, after a pretty intense tingling feel on the lips & around the mouth (aprox. 5 min's or so) my lips start to lope side swell....has anyone experienced this?

Old 07-11-2010, 12:02 PM

1 posts, read 11,625 times
Tomatoes give me problems also. I love the flavor of tomatoes. If I eat them raw, I get a miserable stomach ache, but within a couple of hours the bursia saks between the knuckles of my hands begin to swell. By the next day my hands are stiff and difficult to use. It takes 1-3 days for it to go away. Cooked tomatoes give me the same problems but the reaction is less severe. I have tried growing my own tomatoes, thinking it might be pesticides used. I grew them Organically, with no improvement. Then I tried growing and eating tomatoes from Heirloom plants to avoid any genetic modification to the plants or seeds. Still no improvement. Has anyone else had this type of reaction.

Old 08-28-2010, 07:18 PM

2 posts, read 23,594 times
Default blood type

Most people if they eat contrary to their blood type have these problems...

[url=http://www.drlam.com/index.asp]DrLam.com - The Authority on Natural Medicine[/url]

Quote:
Originally Posted by SookieStackhouse View Post
Fresh uncooked tomato will break my mouth out in canker sores. I can eat a tomato products and suffer not ill consequences.

So will pinapple. I don't know why, but I learned to just avoid them.

Old 08-28-2010, 07:19 PM

2 posts, read 23,594 times
Default blood type diet

Try the blood type diet , it will definitely help.....[url=http://www.drlam.com/index.asp]DrLam.com - The Authority on Natural Medicine[/url]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETsawyer View Post
Tomatoes give me problems also. I love the flavor of tomatoes. If I eat them raw, I get a miserable stomach ache, but within a couple of hours the bursia saks between the knuckles of my hands begin to swell. By the next day my hands are stiff and difficult to use. It takes 1-3 days for it to go away. Cooked tomatoes give me the same problems but the reaction is less severe. I have tried growing my own tomatoes, thinking it might be pesticides used. I grew them Organically, with no improvement. Then I tried growing and eating tomatoes from Heirloom plants to avoid any genetic modification to the plants or seeds. Still no improvement. Has anyone else had this type of reaction.

Old 08-29-2010, 01:08 AM

1,577 posts, read 2,240,223 times
Some tomatoes, some walnuts, and some bananas -- specifically.

My throat would swell up, breathing became very difficult, my mouth would end up full of sores and very painful, and one time, I became violently sick with details you don't wnat to read. Some say these specific food-allergies can be connected to latex allergies, but I never noticed any problems with latex.

Started taking B Complex time-release vitamins. This COMPLETELY CURED the problem -- no more allergies! If I remember my Bs. Not daily! But at least twice a week.

Old 01-10-2011, 07:42 PM

1,007 posts, read 2,204,126 times
My daughter has all of a sudden developed a "food sensitivity" to eggs and cooked tomatoes. She can eat Duck eggs, no problem! And she can eat fresh tomatoes, no problem! But give the girl spaghetti, or lasagna or even pizza and the poor thing's in the bathroom with horrible tummy aches and diarrhea not even an hour later!! She's almost 18 and has eaten these things all of her life, and is just now developing this problem. Does anyone know any reason the cooked tomatoes bother her when the raw ones don't?? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Old 01-10-2011, 08:43 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,266,342 times
I can't eat too much processed tomato stuff, but raw tomatoes are good for me. I'm not sure why... I think it irritates my stomach causing gastritis.

Old 01-14-2011, 12:05 AM

15 posts, read 37,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SookieStackhouse View Post
Fresh uncooked tomato will break my mouth out in canker sores. I can eat a tomato products and suffer not ill consequences.

So will pinapple. I don't know why, but I learned to just avoid them.
This is the story of my life! I have eczema, and the doctor said no tomatoes. I don't like tomatoes. I don't eat anything with tomatoes, ever, period. Pineapple attacks my mouth. I sometimes scratch it with a fork. I do enjoy pineapple, but can't deal with the itching of my mouth! Have you ever dealt with that?

Old 01-27-2011, 10:45 PM

1 posts, read 11,245 times
My five year old son has developed an allergy to tomatoes out of nowhere. He snacks on grape tomatoes, loves pizza and spaghetti, and even drinks v8. Until tonight, when he was snacking on champagne tomatoes and started crying that his lips and throat were burning. I gave him benadryl right away, and the swelling of his lips went down. Everything I cook has tomatoes in it! Will this ever go away, or will my baby be forced to give up this healthy snack he loves?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies