Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2009, 04:06 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,280,229 times

Advertisements

Well, I am flabbergasted and exhausted
I live on the east coast and have already suffered 2 rounds of severe allergic reactions to the environment, (go figure), so i will be going through several tests to find the culprit,
My symptoms include itching, stinging skin, swelling, puffiness, wheezing
and difficulty swallowing, general angioedema, urticara. (Bah Humbug!!!)
I've already ahd to take prednisone twice and Decadron shots in between, (there goes my beautiful skinny figure!!
Well anyways, since it started very early February, i didn't feel that there was any significant amount of pollen to trigger these episodes, but I read
online about some cedar trees and other crap!! and my severe outbreaks aren't responding to anything right now but prayer...
So does anyone have any experiences to share along with treatments of any kind??
Thanks in advance

scratch,itch,scratch some more, itch some more, try not to scratch and try not to itch.....the life of allergies
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2009, 04:24 PM

253 posts, read 805,382 times
Default here to...

since the start of febuary, noticed allergies kicking in, my boys have allergy induced asthma, and youngest is already getten the rattle in the throat, 3 of us already getten conjested, etc. yikes, been first time since back in the south that its hit us this early, grass turns green and our noses turn red, so christmasy.....lol
but i still believe that all the polutition in the air is whats making allergies nationwide worse and worse each year as well as asthma, all going to have to live in glass bubbles before much longer.

Old 02-24-2009, 04:37 PM

2,178 posts, read 9,575,016 times
Awe Gee! Thanks for reminding me that season is right around the corner.. Have you tried flushing them out with one of those flush kits you can get at the drug store or a nedi pot.. Worked wonders for mine and I am never without one of those kits nearby.... allergy meds too.. They say, getting honey from your local area and eating that helps... I started the self flushing them out and the honey at the same time so I can't swear which one worked the best for me... maybe both.. I just know I do not have to see the doctor hardly any for allergy or sinus problems anymore, now all I use is OTC stuff and that is hardly ever.

Old 02-25-2009, 10:37 AM

1,104 posts, read 3,701,383 times
I am an oddball. My allergies start in the fall when the air is thin/cool and crisp. I breath so much better in the hot/humid weather...lol. No problems in the spring either.

Old 02-25-2009, 01:14 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,988,586 times
Yet????? I suffer from allergies almost every season--leaf mold, dust, some pollens--it seems there's always something making me stuffy and sneezey!
I do much better at the beach! (wish I was there right now!!!!!)

Old 02-25-2009, 08:56 PM

2,278 posts, read 3,920,846 times
Ugh...big time allergies in spring...pollens, dust...I am starting to lately also. My nose itches like hell...the inside's probably bruised up from scratching

Old 02-25-2009, 09:45 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
With the treee pollen I just am getting over a attack the last twepo days. need to start my allergy pills that I foregt to take so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies