Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 03:39 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,613,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just-Sayin View Post
I finally found a non-soy E. It's called "Unique E". I get it at The Vitamine Shoppe.
Thanks for passing that info along Just-Sayin as i didn't know about that. I did see that Carlson makes a fish oil that's soy free but i've been eating salmon and using Olive Oil as my Vitamin-E.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2009, 06:56 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,690,706 times
Soy is in just about everything we eat. It's even in foods that you would never expect to contain it. Even baby food! And there is increasing reason to believe that soy is behind a lot of health problems in the population.

Thanks, Just-Sayin, for the tip on a soy-free vitamin E!

Old 07-13-2009, 09:19 PM

466 posts, read 928,416 times
What a worthless food, soy. Anyone who thinks it's good needs to read more. It's all there in black and white.

The worst part is the phytoestrogens. (what man wants boobs?)

Old 07-20-2009, 09:23 AM

I just read a great article in this months Scientific American magazine about how the latest research shows what actually is going on in the intestinal lining when exposed to gluten and how this sets off a chain reaction by the first line immune cells or Enterocytes that line the intestinal walls and how this causes massive inflammation and attacks the molecular glue that holds the intestines together that then allow undigested amino acids or solid proteins to pass thru to set up a whole host of autoimmune diseases.

Celiac Disease Insights: Clues to Solving Autoimmunity - Scientific American magazine /Aug 2009 Issue

Old 07-20-2009, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post
I just read a great article in this months Scientific American magazine about how the latest research shows what actually is going on in the intestinal lining when exposed to gluten and how this sets off a chain reaction by the first line immune cells or Enterocytes that line the intestinal walls and how this causes massive inflammation and attacks the molecular glue that holds the intestines together that then allow undigested amino acids or solid proteins to pass thru to set up a whole host of autoimmune diseases.

Celiac Disease Insights: Clues to Solving Autoimmunity - Scientific American magazine /Aug 2009 Issue
That's a really good article. I encourage everyone to take the time to read it.
Thank you for the link.

Old 07-20-2009, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just-Sayin View Post
I finally found a non-soy E. It's called "Unique E". I get it at The Vitamine Shoppe.
I know that celiac disease has been ruled out in my case (as has just about everything else), but I still continue to have problems so I'm trying to stick to gluen-free, and soy-free. I just found out that the vitamin packets I take have soy in them. I cancelled my auto-delivery order with the shopping network. I'm sure they're good in every way, but why do they have to put soy in vitamins??? I hated cancelling them.

I will look for the Unique E at our Vitamine Shoppe. Thanks for that tip.

Old 07-21-2009, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
I know that celiac disease has been ruled out in my case (as has just about everything else), but I still continue to have problems so I'm trying to stick to gluen-free, and soy-free. I just found out that the vitamin packets I take have soy in them. I cancelled my auto-delivery order with the shopping network. I'm sure they're good in every way, but why do they have to put soy in vitamins??? I hated cancelling them.

I will look for the Unique E at our Vitamine Shoppe. Thanks for that tip.
SWB .... Try to stay off all grains if you can as even non gluten grains like Oats will really burn my intestines if i eat old fashioned oatmeal.

Old 07-21-2009, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post
SWB .... Try to stay off all grains if you can as even non gluten grains like Oats will really burn my intestines if i eat old fashioned oatmeal.
I didn't know that. Oats are on a list of "OK" foods that I compiled from various sources. Also, brown rice is said to be OK. Not just any rice, but brown rice. The bag for brown rice also says it's 'gluten free'. Chex has come out with several gluten free cereals (and they are tasty).

Does what you say apply to the above as well?

Old 07-21-2009, 04:40 PM

466 posts, read 928,416 times
Usually oats are processed in the same facility and on the same machines as wheat and barley. If you are celiac and want to eat oats it is important to buy oats that specifically are for wheat sensitive or celiac consumers.

Old 07-22-2009, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
I didn't know that. Oats are on a list of "OK" foods that I compiled from various sources. Also, brown rice is said to be OK. Not just any rice, but brown rice. The bag for brown rice also says it's 'gluten free'. Chex has come out with several gluten free cereals (and they are tasty).

Does what you say apply to the above as well?
SWB ... i can't answer for you on that but i know for me when i eat oats i react to them just like wheat as my intestines burn and i get bad canker sores in my mouth so i stay away from them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies