U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 03:35 PM

1,005 posts, read 2,444,165 times

Advertisements

How can one get a allergy test done. Is it only possible to get a allergy test with the request of a doctor? I think if one is willing to pay, they have a right to know what they are allergic to, and a doctor request is not needed. So, how can one get a allergy test done?

I'm currently on a mold free diet, after switching from a gluten and yeast free diet. My mold free diet involves avoiding yeast, but I suspect I'am highly senstive to mold, my doctors seem to careless, so is there anything else I can do?
________
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2009, 04:00 PM

2,742 posts, read 6,864,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timeofseasons View Post
How can one get a allergy test done. Is it only possible to get a allergy test with the request of a doctor? I think if one is willing to pay, they have a right to know what they are allergic to, and a doctor request is not needed. So, how can one get a allergy test done?

I'm currently on a mold free diet, after switching from a gluten and yeast free diet. My mold free diet involves avoiding yeast, but I suspect I'am highly senstive to mold, my doctors seem to careless, so is there anything else I can do?
________
For an allergy test I am pretty sure you need visit the doctors office. Is not a simple blood test. The simplest way is a skin prick test.

Maybe your doctor seems careless because there is no real evidence of any real benefit of mold free diet or anything that has to do with systemic candida.

Old 09-14-2009, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjma79 View Post
For an allergy test I am pretty sure you need visit the doctors office. Is not a simple blood test. The simplest way is a skin prick test.

Maybe your doctor seems careless because there is no real evidence of any real benefit of mold free diet or anything that has to do with systemic candida.
No my doctor is careless because she is ignoring my symptoms.... but I'm not looking for suggestions on why my doctors are careless, I've asked a completely different question and would appreciate a response to it.

Old 09-14-2009, 06:39 PM

1,009 posts, read 3,627,779 times
Quote:
How can one get a allergy test done.
Personalabs

Old 09-16-2009, 04:47 PM

Quote:
No my doctor is careless because she is ignoring my symptoms.... but I'm not looking for suggestions on why my doctors are careless, I've asked a completely different question and would appreciate a response to it.

The question about what else you can do, well you need first to do an allergy test then continue with that.
Why you think you have a mold allergy?

Old 09-16-2009, 05:59 PM

16,487 posts, read 21,010,430 times
I suppose it depends on your insurance. Some require a referral, some do not. If you are willing to pay outright, and I am sure it is expensive, I would call around to allergists in your area and ask if they will do it. My son had allergy testing. They put tons of tiny pricks on his back, each with a different allergen. With him he showed up being allergic to cats the worse, then dogs, then certain plants. The cat and dog pricks swelled up so quickly they began trying to wipe as much of the allergen off as they could so he would not continue to swell.

Old 09-17-2009, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Why you think you have a mold allergy?
Very long story,

Old 09-17-2009, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Very long story,
Usually mold allergy is a respiratory problem and not a GI problem (in some cases if you eat mold you can get a reaction), but not from eating bread (unless the actual bread has mold).
The only way to be sure is to do the test.

Old 09-18-2009, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Usually mold allergy is a respiratory problem and not a GI problem (in some cases if you eat mold you can get a reaction), but not from eating bread (unless the actual bread has mold).
The only way to be sure is to do the test.
Long story, but yes bread contains mold, yeast. I've experience nothing but more improvements since I've removed yeast from my diet.

Old 09-23-2009, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Long story, but yes bread contains mold, yeast. I've experience nothing but more improvements since I've removed yeast from my diet.
Do you have the same reaction from beer, wine or distilled alcohol?
And yes bread contains dead yeast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies