U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 05:34 PM

10,287 posts, read 16,813,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
Because it's not a foot massager. It doesn't massage the feet. You lay down on the floor, and support your -ankles- with this device.

Then the device starts turning back and forth, and it sort of forces your body to jiggle.

The end. That's all it does.
LOL! Alrighty then. Kind of a modern take on the old belt massager - let a machine jiggle the fat! Think I'll save my money - I am perfectly capable of jiggling my own fat!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2011, 05:13 PM

7,290 posts, read 5,187,125 times
The $74 dollar model looks very promising!

For those who don't "get" the concept . . . it is not a foot massager, it is not a fat jiggler . . .it is a machine that somehow affects your spine and vibrational system through movement, as I understand it.

I tried one several years ago, and it was very pleasant, but now I am interested in the health benefits.

Old 08-19-2011, 05:20 PM

10,517 posts, read 8,771,393 times
It not only feels awesome, both during and especially after you use it, but it makes you feel better all throughout the day (in my opinion, anyway). I'm not really "into" machines and, as I've already said, I was very doubtful about this one. But, after using it daily, I'd never be without one.

Old 08-19-2011, 06:38 PM

Ok. I ordered the "Swing Machine" from Amazon (same as the $74 dollar one up above). The $74 dollar one had $18 shipping, and the one I got from Amazon was $92, free shipping . . .

Question: Is it best to lie on a hard surface (i.e., the floor)? or can you lie on a bed or couch and get the same affect?

Old 08-19-2011, 06:57 PM

There should be an instruction booklet with the machine. It tells you not to use a pillow. As I recall, there was something in the booklet that made me realize I shouldnt lie on anything but the floor or carpet. I've been using it so long that I dont recall exactly what the instructions said but I've been lying on a rug every time I use it.

Old 08-19-2011, 07:06 PM

One other thing -- if the model you bought doesnt have padding on the foot section, you might want to put some there. My feet are quite sensitive and I found that adding some lambswool-like material to the foot section made it a lot more comfortable.

Old 08-19-2011, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
One other thing -- if the model you bought doesnt have padding on the foot section, you might want to put some there. My feet are quite sensitive and I found that adding some lambswool-like material to the foot section made it a lot more comfortable.
Thank you very much! I can't wait to report on it in 5-8 days!!!

Old 08-30-2011, 01:12 PM

I got the Sunpentown Healthy Swinger. I love it. I notice I feel much better after using it. There is only one problem: The hard plastic hurts my ankles. I know other people warned of this - it has a cover, and I put silk on it as well, but I need more padding. Someone here suggested lamb's wool - I think I would like to try that.

Old 08-30-2011, 01:16 PM

I knew you'd like it! And, the more you use it, the better you'll like it -- and the better you'll feel.

I suggested the lambswool because I know the plastic footrest can be uncomfortable. Some machines come with a padded footrest but even those are somewhat uncomfortable. I think you'll be happy with a lambswool padding. Enjoy!

Old 08-30-2011, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
I knew you'd like it! And, the more you use it, the better you'll like it -- and the better you'll feel.

I suggested the lambswool because I know the plastic footrest can be uncomfortable. Some machines come with a padded footrest but even those are somewhat uncomfortable. I think you'll be happy with a lambswool padding. Enjoy!
How big a piece of lambswool do you use and where did you find it (what kind of a store?).

Yes, once I get this little problem solved, I will be very happy with this machine. Thank you for all of the info and the links.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine