Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 05:44 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,175,334 times

Advertisements

Massage therapy; I know that where I'm at currently only a few therapists incorporate Reiki. I believe the two will complement each other.....lookin forward to learning it- Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2011, 08:39 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,922,650 times
I personally think it would be wonderful to have a little Reiki before the session is over . . .I think after the massage would be great . . . I used to have a massage therapist who would do "connecting" (which is similar to Reiki) after the massage.

She also used an amethyst mat, which was amazing! Are you aware of those? They are pricey (around $1500) but so amazing.

Old 09-05-2011, 09:42 PM

An amethyst mat? Sounds very cool; whats it for?

Old 09-05-2011, 09:55 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,922,650 times
I think this is the one, but I am not sure. There are a couple of different kinds, I think.

http://shamanatara.com/file/What_Is_..._A4_071101.pdf

Old 09-06-2011, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
I think this is the one, but I am not sure. There are a couple of different kinds, I think.

http://shamanatara.com/file/What_Is_..._A4_071101.pdf
That's really interesting- I knew about the healing properties of amethysts & stones, just never knew there's things like this I'm going to look furthrt into them; Thanks

Old 09-06-2011, 11:49 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,458,744 times
Quote:
Reiki is a specific initiation. If you have not been initiated, you can't have it, as far as I know . . .it's a lineage thing . . . of course you can access divine energy, it's just not Reiki, per se . . .

I know that it's not exactly Reiki but it's the same idea. Plus I have done energy work with other Reiki healers and they have said my energy is very Reiki-like. In the end it's all the same--healing with energy and connecting into the Universe/God/whatever you call it.

Old 09-06-2011, 12:09 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,458,744 times
Quote:
Also, Reiki does no harm, so your dad would not have passed out from Reiki . . .
That's why I said I didn't specifically have a Reiki license. I know it can jolt some people though, and you can get sick from your body getting used to the higher vibrations. It's not a bad thing but it's an adjustment period. At least that's what I read in a book by a Reiki master.

Old 02-25-2015, 08:09 PM

1,154 posts, read 1,425,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
That's why I said I didn't specifically have a Reiki license. I know it can jolt some people though, and you can get sick from your body getting used to the higher vibrations. It's not a bad thing but it's an adjustment period. At least that's what I read in a book by a Reiki master.
Absolutely you can have what is called a "healing crisis" after an attunement. It sounds awful, but it isn't. I am currently in the Reiki school here in Charlotte, NC. I got my first attunement, I drove home and noticed I had a small headache beginning directly in between my eyes and at the top bridge of my nose. I got home and took some Tyelnol and chilled on the bed. I never have headaches. I woke up 2 hr later, still with the same vague headache and wondered IF if could be from the Reiki attunement, but got busy and went about my day. The next day, I woke up with the same headache, same place of my head/face. I kind of just hung around the house and watched TV all day. I noticed the pain finally subsided in the evening of the #2 day. When I returned to class, I asked one of the instructors about it and she told the other and they said it was the healing crisis and I could have called them and they could have helped me over the phone (distance Reiki). It is interesting to me and that is why I am in the school now. I have that 'static electricity' shock thing going on 24/7 and all year round. The dairy cases at stores and metal shelves are the worst for me. I have some Holistic Practitioner friends who keep telling me the 'buzzing' sensation I get in my feet, legs, arms is that same energy of Reiki, mine is just strong. I wish I had all the co-payment $$$ I have used trying to find out what the 'buzzing' is. I have had doctors tell me it was in my 'head' but it SO isn't. One tried to tell me it was neuropathy from diabetes but I am not a diabetic. I am open and have no expectations as far as the schooling goes. If something happens, it does and I am where I am supposed to be. I know my Manx cat has been acting 'odd' since the first attunement...she stood on my bed the other night, just staring at me, from 18" away...for 30 min. I kept asking her what she wanted, but she just stood and stared. It was eerie! She finally lay down at the foot of the bed and curled her legs and feet in, with her belly up and meowed at me. I thought that odd, too. So I took a picture of her on my phone and saved it. My instructors laughed when they saw the pix and heard what the cat had done! Evidently animals see the energy around us and the cat was picking it up off of me...which made her act strangely.
So, we shall see what comes of Reiki and me! I am an open vessel for whatever may happen!

Old 03-12-2015, 10:31 AM

7 posts, read 7,287 times
I have been practicing Reiki for 12 years, and you can find a summary of very interesting facts about it it in my blog article on his city data forum here.

Old 03-12-2015, 10:12 PM

1,154 posts, read 1,425,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyTheobald View Post
I have been practicing Reiki for 12 years, and you can find a summary of very interesting facts about it it in my blog article on his city data forum here.
I already read it. I saw that got the thread closed, OR the arguments that ensued did. I have learned that sometimes, less is more.
I hope your Naples practice is doing well, tho!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine