U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 06:00 AM

4,137 posts, read 9,956,718 times
Default The Healing Powers of Juicing

Years ago when I was diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome I thought that I would be tired the rest of my life, and that was a depressing thought. The doctor gave me B shots, and that seemed to help for a while, but then they just quit working. He then said that whatever he has tried with clients it only seems to help for a little while. I went to two other doctors, and I was told that my immune system was not working properly. One suggested that it meant that I could have cancer.

Then a scientist friend of mine brought me an article by a woman that suffered the same as got well. She recommended something that you had to buy, but she also menioned that she began to feel better after juicing, so I tried juicing instead. Within a week my energy level went up some, and I was able to sleep. In a few months I was well, and to think that I had been ill for 6 to 8 months and could hardly do anything worth while during the day.

Since then I have read about juicing and found these websites that I thought could help others.

The Benefits of Juicing

The Galaxy Juicer Question & Answers (http://www.galaxyjuicer.co.kr/faq.html - broken link)

What is Living Food and Living Juice?

Here are some facts about the benefits Living Juices that you should know:

* Fresh juices haven't been treated with heat in any way and therefore contain the maximum content of nutrients and enzymes.
* Fresh juices make it possible to increase the intake of nutrients without having to eat more.
* Juicing releases more of the goodness locked in the fibers of fresh foods than the body can. Lots of fibers are expelled from the body in the digestive process without having been digested completely.
* Because you save the body a lot of digestive work, you save yourself energy.
* Fresh Juice is able to enter your bloodstream much quicker and therefore you feel the revitalizing effect almost immediately.
* Fresh juices are not filling, they don't make you fat nor do they burden your body with toxins, saturated fats and preservatives.
* Compared to Living Food Living Juice provides you with a concentrated form of all vitamins, minerals, essential fatty acids, carbohydrates, proteins, trace elements and enzymes needed for good health. Especially in our time where most fruits and vegetables available are grown on nutrient poor, exploited soil, treated with pesticides, sprayed and manipulated in their water content and flavor, we need to find a solution to reach the recommended daily intake of nutrients required for our well-being. That's where Living Juices can be of major assistance. By having juices and therefore more fruits and vegetables you can eat in your diet a day you are able to increase your intake of necessary vitamins in that way.
* Bottled Juices even if they are 100% organic and without any added sugar unfortunately lose most of their nutrients in the bottling process.
* Living Juice can restore your body to health.
* Living Juice is cheaper than expensive vitamin supplements and can be absorbed by the body much more effectively.
* Juices can flush toxins from your system, are good for your weight, heart, circulation and overall well being.
* Living Juices contain no saturated fats or added sodium and can be helpful in lowering your cholesterol.
* Fresh Living Juice tastes absolutely fantastic!

Juicing to Detoxify the Body

Drink the juice within 30 minutes or less. Juice will start to oxidize after that, losing valuable enzymes and vitamins. Bottled juices are not a good substitute for fresh juices. Enzymes are destroyed in the bottling process.

Last edited by Mattie Jo; 10-01-2007 at 05:05 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2007, 09:30 AM

55,597 posts, read 11,780,426 times
I usually put apples,bananas,blueberries and mixberries,put them in the blender in the morning for juice.I think it's real healthy

Old 09-30-2007, 12:17 PM

I use my blender to make fruit juices in the morning too. It is a good way to get blueberries into my drink, like you I mix them with blackberries or mixed berries. I don't like blueberries alone, not unless they are in pancakes. I also use bananas, yogurt, sesame seeds, almonds, oranges, and raw eggs. I don't recommend raw eggs to anyone due to people fearing poisoning, but i have eaten them that way for over 40 years.

Old 09-30-2007, 12:55 PM

121 posts, read 329,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessaka View Post
Years ago when I was diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome I thought that I would be tired the rest of my life, and that was a depressing thought. The doctor gave me B shots, and that seemed to help for a while, but then they just quit working. He then said that whatever he has tried with clients it only seems to help for a little while. I went to two other doctors, and I was told that my immune system was not working properly. One suggested that it meant that I could have cancer.

Then a scientist friend of mine brought me an article by a woman that suffered the same as got well. She recommended something that you had to buy, but she also menioned that she began to feel better after juicing, so I tried juicing instead. Within a week my energy level went up some, and I was able to sleep. In a few months I was well, and to think that I had been ill for 6 to 8 months and could hardly do anything worth while during the day.

Since then I have read about juicing and found these websites that I thought could help others.

The Galaxy Juicer Question & Answers (http://www.galaxyjuicer.co.kr/faq.html - broken link)

What is Living Food and Living Juice?

Here are some facts about the benefits Living Juices that you should know:

* Fresh juices haven't been treated with heat in any way and therefore contain the maximum content of nutrients and enzymes.
* Fresh juices make it possible to increase the intake of nutrients without having to eat more.
* Juicing releases more of the goodness locked in the fibers of fresh foods than the body can. Lots of fibers are expelled from the body in the digestive process without having been digested completely.
* Because you save the body a lot of digestive work, you save yourself energy.
* Fresh Juice is able to enter your bloodstream much quicker and therefore you feel the revitalizing effect almost immediately.
* Fresh juices are not filling, they don't make you fat nor do they burden your body with toxins, saturated fats and preservatives.
* Compared to Living Food Living Juice provides you with a concentrated form of all vitamins, minerals, essential fatty acids, carbohydrates, proteins, trace elements and enzymes needed for good health. Especially in our time where most fruits and vegetables available are grown on nutrient poor, exploited soil, treated with pesticides, sprayed and manipulated in their water content and flavor, we need to find a solution to reach the recommended daily intake of nutrients required for our well-being. That's where Living Juices can be of major assistance. By having juices and therefore more fruits and vegetables you can eat in your diet a day you are able to increase your intake of necessary vitamins in that way.
* Bottled Juices even if they are 100% organic and without any added sugar unfortunately lose most of their nutrients in the bottling process.
* Living Juice can restore your body to health.
* Living Juice is cheaper than expensive vitamin supplements and can be absorbed by the body much more effectively.
* Juices can flush toxins from your system, are good for your weight, heart, circulation and overall well being.
* Living Juices contain no saturated fats or added sodium and can be helpful in lowering your cholesterol.
* Fresh Living Juice tastes absolutely fantastic!

Juicing to Detoxify the Body

Drink the juice within 30 minutes or less. Juice will start to oxidize after that, losing valuable enzymes and vitamins. Bottled juices are not a good substitute for fresh juices. Enzymes are destroyed in the bottling process.
WOW I get to type to someone who actually cured themselves of chronic fatigue once being diagnosed. I think that a person can only be great if they believe the person who is telling them the story. I believe you and I will report back once I read and try to heal my own fatigue isssues armed with the information you have given me. Thanks for your post.

Last edited by GypsySunworshiper; 09-30-2007 at 01:05 PM..

Old 09-30-2007, 01:23 PM

7,138 posts, read 9,235,392 times
I have a juicer and do that off and on. I used to have a Champion, but just have a JuiceMan now. Need to get back to it more though, as I get older, I have less energy it seems. I do use fruit in my protein drink every morning. All berries have the anthocyanins, which supposedly have anti-cancer properties.

Old 10-01-2007, 01:37 AM

8,789 posts, read 14,909,246 times
Plus the berries also have a natural sunscreen effect for the body. Much better than using toxic sunscreens.
I keep marveling at how great the juices are that I make every day compared to the juices I used to buy in the supermarket. I can never go back to those watered down one's ever.

Speaking of blenders and juicers, has anyone heard anything positive about the new Jack LaLanne Health master 100 blender? It uses centrifugal action where you can make fresh hot soup in the blender just by blending a bunch of veggies in it. And you can also make fresh cold treats as well just by tossing fruit in it.
I am really tempted to get this, but waiting for a good deal, since it sells for $150.

Old 10-01-2007, 05:15 AM

PinkString,

That is interestng about berries. I don't use sunscreen as I always felt it could cause cancer, and hasn't that finally been proven? Not sure.

Didn't know about the berries being a great sunscreen. Good to know. Heard from a raw foodist that carrots were. I don't remember that well enough to be positive on that.

Then I really liked the post where the guy said that he cured his arthritis with lemon juice. Posted recently on here.

They say that eating a raw food diet helps you lose weight. That it does. I was a raw foodist for several months and got down to 111 lbs before I became bored with eating mostly raw. That was a 10 lb drop in less than a month. Now I am trying hard to do it again but can't make myself do it completely, but at least I have lost 7 lb. No where near 111 though. Too many years ago and pounds added up. The one thing I can say about eating at least 80 percent raw is that I had more energy then than I did just by juicing and eating cooked food. So while juicing healed my chronic fatigue raw food gave me even more energy. What a bummer that I prefer cooked foods.

Old 10-01-2007, 09:36 AM

7,138 posts, read 9,235,392 times
When I ate mostly raw foods I was down to 115 lb at 5'7", pretty thin. Also did not have a car and walked everywhere. Now, am lucky to get down to 150! But am trying still...

Old 10-01-2007, 01:58 PM

2,316 posts, read 3,977,988 times
I have been checking into buying a juicer... can anyone recommend one? What's the difference between juicing and using a blender (I'm sorry for the dumb questions but I am... clueless). What about a juice recipe book recommendation?

Old 10-01-2007, 02:04 PM

8,560 posts, read 8,579,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
When I ate mostly raw foods I was down to 115 lb at 5'7", pretty thin. Also did not have a car and walked everywhere. Now, am lucky to get down to 150! But am trying still...
Sounds like you might have a slightly underactive thyroid Lilypad. You might want to take your underarn Basal cell temperaature first thing in the AM before you even sit up in bed and see what you find out.

Basal Metabolic Temperature (http://www.naturalhealthtechniques.com/HealingTechniques/basal_metab__temp_.htm - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine