Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 09:47 PM

2,391 posts, read 5,044,778 times

Advertisements

Could this possibly be true for anyone out there~? I am craving bread right now and it says I need meat, fish, nuts, etc. I skipped lunch today, but I normally do eat a lot of bread but have decreased it tremendously, but every now and then I indulge too much. I guess I am not one for chocolate and would rather have bread.

Naturopathyworks - food cravings...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2013, 10:16 AM

Question Pre-Diabetes Linking Craving of Carbs

BUMP~!!!

I don't know how this topic ended up here, but the website I found probably is the reason. I'm wondering if others are craving bread or other carbs and if it is linked with being pre-diabetics or anything~? Thanks.

Old 07-31-2013, 10:49 AM

910 posts, read 2,292,139 times
If you per chance are blood type O it may be due to the need of more tyrosine. The book "Live Right For Your Type" relates cases of vegans who start craving wheat bread (apparently high in tyrosine) because Os need meat... and the red one, which is why I will regretfully never become a vegetarian and much less a vegan, I can't even eat wheat... HTH!

Old 07-31-2013, 11:15 AM

I'm not vegan. Also, I don't know my blood type.

Old 07-31-2013, 06:50 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,763,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veggienut View Post
Doesn't matter. The whole blood type food thing is a myth, and the book is science fiction. There's no truth or even a basis for truth in it, so don't worry about it.

I get starch cravings too, usually when my blood sugar takes a dive when I'm hungry. You say you skipped lunch - well that's probably the problem. Your blood sugar probably took a dive, and starch is the quickest way of raising it back up to normal. Moral of the story: if you think you're going to skip lunch, bring a piece of fruit, or a fiber bar, or some peanutbutter and Ritz mini-sandwiches to munch on. A little starch/protein, or sugar/fiber, or protein/sugar - or a little of everything, to keep your blood sugar level even, prevent cravings, and hold you over til suppertime. One of my favorite "no-meal snacks" for days when I know I'll be skipping lunch, is cutting a granny smith apple into wedges and dipping them into peanutbutter.

Old 07-31-2013, 07:46 PM

910 posts, read 2,292,139 times
Quote:
Since your nickname is "veggienut" I thought you might be vegan or vegetarian, same thing anyway for the purpose of your question.

And don't pay any attention to Anon-Chick, she's just a mainstream minded person who's against almost everything about AltMed and only hangs around here to try to self-righteously "debunk" everything, but IN THIS FORUM we don't care about that, besides she's NOT an authority on anything to decide whether the blood type diet is a myth or not, hers is just AN OPINION like any other, that's all. In any case, you can find out for yourself (once you find out what your blood type is, which everybody should know...).

Old 07-31-2013, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiredOfSFL View Post
Since your nickname is "veggienut" I thought you might be vegan or vegetarian, same thing anyway for the purpose of your question.

And don't pay any attention to Anon-Chick, she's just a mainstream minded person who's against almost everything about AltMed and only hangs around here to try to self-righteously "debunk" everything, but IN THIS FORUM we don't care about that, besides she's NOT an authority on anything to decide whether the blood type diet is a myth or not, hers is just AN OPINION like any other, that's all. In any case, you can find out for yourself (once you find out what your blood type is, which everybody should know...).

I am vegetarian, but not vegan. Have been vegan for a short while, but it didn't work out. When I was in Florida earlier this year, I saw a nutrient man who thought I should eat for my blood type, but I don't know it. I called my medical doc and his nurses told me "the cost to check my blood type and I said forget it."

Old 07-31-2013, 08:15 PM

48,515 posts, read 34,800,001 times
Quote:
I am vegetarian, but not vegan. Have been vegan for a short while, but it didn't work out. When I was in Florida earlier this year, I saw a nutrient man who thought I should eat for my blood type, but I don't know it. I called my medical doc and his nurses told me "the cost to check my blood type and I said forget it."
Can't you just go donate blood and have them tell you?

Not a big deal, but good to know. I have never seen anything scientifically backing up different diets based upon blood type though
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-31-2013, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post

Not a big deal, but good to know. I have never seen anything scientifically backing up different diets based upon blood type though

I don't donate blood, I need mine.

Old 07-31-2013, 09:38 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,754,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post

Around here they give you a donor card, it has your blood type on it.

AnonChick is spot on correct. The only thing the body cares about is the blood sugar level.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine