Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2013, 02:47 PM

2,158 posts, read 1,993,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post

Interesting article.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2013, 08:50 AM

22 posts, read 34,118 times
Smile Adrenal fatigue

I don't have this condition but I read the review of someone who does, who started using an "Earthing" mat and she said that it pretty much fixed this. Search for 'Grounding" or "Earthing" and take a look. Here is a quote from the first page of the earthing site:

"Throughout time, we humans have sat, stood, strolled, and slept on the ground – the skin of our bodies touching the skin of the Earth. And throughout time, such ordinary contact served as a conduit for transferring the Earth’s natural, gentle negative charge underfoot into the body. You see, we are bioelectrical beings living on an electrical planet.
Modern lifestyle has disconnected us from this primordial charge.Earthing is the landmark discovery that the disconnect may make us more vulnerable to stress and illness. Contact with the Earth appears to uphold the electrical stability of our bodies and serve as a foundation for vitality and health. In an age of rampant chronic inflammation and disease, “grounding” ourselves by reconnecting with the Earth beneath our very feet provides a way back to better health.

As for personal experience, I am 70 and am in good shape except for what my dr. calls "mild osteoarthritis" I have been having discomfort and pain for about a year with it. I started sleeping on a grounding sheet and within two days most of my pain has disappeared. There is still a little pain, but for the most part it is gone. I recently spent two nights without my grounding sheet and I started to get achy again. I hope this helps.

Old 12-17-2013, 05:24 PM

566 posts, read 1,107,069 times
I have the book! I have not yet tried any of the items that you purchase and place into the ground outside. But I am interested in grounding shoes. I truly believe in it.

I am barefoot as soon as the weather allows and getting sun. Back to the old ways for sure

Old 12-18-2013, 07:13 AM

22 posts, read 34,118 times
Default adrenal fatigue

My brother jerry-rigged a grounding mat for me by using a piece of aluminum screen, lamp cord and a grounding plug (the round one). He hack-sawed the two regular prongs off and left the round prong on. He stripped off the rubber coating on the cord, wound the wires through the screen and on the other end, the plug, and plugged it into the electrical outlet. The screen is directly under my bottom fitted sheet. I also bought a grounding pad from Amazon for taking on trips. It has made a big difference in my arthritis pain and I won't sleep without it now.
For reviews of this grounding pad go to Amazon, "earthing pad" and read the reviews. Read the negative ones too, to get a balanced view. This solution to my pain and aches makes so much sense and is relatively inexpensive.

Old 12-21-2013, 09:50 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,791,358 times
Yes I felt like that after mom died and I just took really good care of myself. I had started a new job around the same time and I would come home and take a long nap and then ate really healthy and made sure I got my B and C vitamins. I think I was doing whey shakes around that time to get enough protein and it took at least a month to start feeling better--closer to two. This is not something you can rush.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine