Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2013, 08:53 AM

22 posts, read 34,128 times

Advertisements

I recently started sleeping on a grounding screen and I have noticed that the arthritis pain that has been bothering me for the past 6 months is mostly gone. I am 70, with no other problems than the mild osteoarthritis. I'm curious to know if anyone else has tried this 'technology' and have they had results?
Here is the earthing site for info:

Earthing_Institute | The official worldwide information website of Earthing (grounding) containing articles, research studies, videos, feedback, and FAQs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2013, 01:55 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,667,075 times
I, personally, am not familiar with this process but it reminds me of the magnets that are said to help with arthritis. The jury is still out as to whether they really help or not--although if people are relieved of pain, who cares what the jury says?

Arthritis Magnets | Healing Magnets | Arthritis Today Magazine

There's a lot to be known about the earth's magnetic field and its effect on humans. I have known people who claimed to feel better when their bed was aligned on a north/south axis. It could work for some people, I guess. Everyone is different and some people are sensitive to electro-magnetic fields.

Last edited by in_newengland; 12-21-2013 at 09:57 PM..

Old 12-21-2013, 08:55 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,372,767 times
Well, I went thru the whole site.
Fascinating, fun....I think for fun I will place a grounding rod outside
in the the dirt near my bedroom run some copper wire...I'll come up with some
way to comfortably have it touch my skin while sleeping on it.
Ha! Fun to play around with this stuff. Some copper jewelry wire should be
sufficient to attach to the copper pipe I have plenty of.
Thanks for the link.

I reminds me of magnets, too.

Old 12-21-2013, 09:31 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,793,403 times
I never was much of one to run around outside barefoot, but I've noticed that when I do I feel really good. I love to work in my garden barefoot for that reason and really get into it when I do that. I'm such a tenderfoot though.

Old 01-22-2014, 09:00 AM

Default Update on the grounding process

It has been two months since I started using the grounding or 'earthing' technology and the good effect seems to be cumulative. We are in the middle of a very bad Chicago winter and I wake up in the morning with (most) of my previous arthritis pain gone and just a general feeling of optimism and positivity, probably due to the fact that I am not limping down the stairs in the morning and 'creaking' around the house. I still have a twinge every once in awhile but for the most part the achy-ness is gone, baby, gone. I'm sleeping better too. I have given grounding pads to two friends as gifts and have yet to hear of the effects but I know they will happen. Count me in as a big fan and I wished more people could use this technology and see how it helps them.

Old 01-22-2014, 04:37 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,210,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bornlucky23 View Post
It has been two months since I started using the grounding or 'earthing' technology and the good effect seems to be cumulative. We are in the middle of a very bad Chicago winter and I wake up in the morning with (most) of my previous arthritis pain gone and just a general feeling of optimism and positivity, probably due to the fact that I am not limping down the stairs in the morning and 'creaking' around the house. I still have a twinge every once in awhile but for the most part the achy-ness is gone, baby, gone. I'm sleeping better too. I have given grounding pads to two friends as gifts and have yet to hear of the effects but I know they will happen. Count me in as a big fan and I wished more people could use this technology and see how it helps them.
very interesting!!
thanks for sharing

Old 01-22-2014, 04:45 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,210,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I, personally, am not familiar with this process but it reminds me of the magnets that are said to help with arthritis. The jury is still out as to whether they really help or not--although if people are relieved of pain, who cares what the jury says?

There's a lot to be known about the earth's magnetic field and its effect on humans. I have known people who claimed to feel better when their bed was aligned on a north/south axis. It could work for some people, I guess. Everyone is different and some people are sensitive to electro-magnetic fields.

this is interesting

i think there is so much more in life ...we arent aware of..

Old 05-24-2014, 07:56 AM

It has been five about 5 months since I have started sleeping on my grounding pad. I now use a pillow case that is grounded, which for me, is a little more comfortable than the pad. Last weekend I spent three nights in the country without my grounding device and by Monday my whole body ached. Now I am back in the city and back to my grounding pillow case. It hasn't gotten me to a state of being 100% pain-free but I would say that about 80% of my aches are gone. I also exercise daily, have a good diet and drink a lot of water.

Old 05-24-2014, 08:21 AM

670 posts, read 1,043,965 times
Fascinating! I never heard of this before. I thought I had heard of every pain relief modality out there...since I have fibromyalgia. I'll have to look into this. Thanks for posting!

Old 05-24-2014, 08:41 AM

670 posts, read 1,043,965 times
Default Earthing

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post

in_newengland, I have had some experience with the magnets. About 30 years ago, I had tennis elbow in my right elbow. I could not do things at work that I needed to do and could not even lift a mug of coffee. I had had it about 3 weeks at the time. I had heard of magnetic therapy as it was popular at the time. I purchased something called magna-dots, which were tiny dots (1,000 gauss each). They were about the size of a lady bug each and came with those little circular adhesive bandages (without the pad) to stick them on with. You got 20 at the time for $10. They were made by Homedics back then but are still available if you look hard enough.

Anyway, the doctor just recommended ibuprofen. So I tried a couple of the magnadots around my elbow...no help. The next day I plastered on 18 of them surrounding my elbow. My pain was gone in about an hour and stayed gone all day. When I came home, I took the magnadots off, and the pain came back within an hour or two. The following day, I stuck the 18 of them back around my elbow again and left them there for three days. I just wrapped my elbow with plastic when I showered. When I took them off, the pain was totally gone and never returned!

True story! I can't explain it, but it happened. I read that one possible explanation is that the iron in your blood is attracted to the magnets...so more blood cells come to the area. Increased circulation improves healing. Who knows? And...I am a nurse. When I told a couple doctors about it, they just laughed. Shame on them, because I was trying to teach them something that they did not know...such arrogance sometimes by medical professionals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine