Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2013, 01:21 PM

389 posts, read 692,163 times

Advertisements

I suffer from (oftentimes symmetrical) acne on my jawline, chin and cheeks. From everything I've read, I'm pretty positive it's hormonal, especially since I'm 30 years old. I've had acne since I was 16 but have only had it specifically in the areas mentioned for a few years. I tried Minocycline in my mid 20s which cleared my skin almost immediately, but I had to get off it a couple months later due to a reaction, and the acne came right back. I have considered that I might have PCOS except for the fact I have normal periods, don't have excessive body hair, thinning of head hair, etc, so I don't believe that's the cause. I'd like to try a natural treatment, but am not sure what. I'd like to avoid going on birth control.

Any suggestions? TIA!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2013, 02:59 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,238,463 times
Ugh I struggled with adult acne for years.

Mine was very specific, single large blind sore lumps appearing on my chin.

The hurt like hell and got more and more frequent to the point I always had one either coming or going.

I also got butt acne.

My doc sent me to a plastic surgeon but I decided to learn more first.

At this point is tried every antibiotic, product, pill and potion, dietary monitoring etc with no long term success.

Anyway I ended up getting a sterilised needle and lancing it myself followed by tea tree oil.

The trick is to do it after a hot shower when your skin is soft, apply warm compresses first to bring the gunk to the surface. Squeeze very gently with tissues but make sure you get anything out.

Dab tea tree, apply clean tissue to form a barrier till bleeding stops.

At first it seems a bit extreme but so is plastic surgery. I just got so desperate and I'm so glad I did.

You must also be very clean in this area.

Acne runs thus - the pore blocks, infects, goes red etc, a process which can take weeks.

If you clean the pore daily it will not block.

This is what salicylic acid does.

Use a toner with salicylic acid and antiseptic on the prone areas twice a day.

Keep your clothes and bed linens clean and use non comegenic products.

I cured my face acne this way.

My buttne sounds like your acne, smaller and more scattered. I cleared this largely by applying toner and using antibacterial soap twice a day. I still have the odd spot occur usually in summer but generally speaking my butt is now soft and clear as a baby's.

Old 12-28-2013, 05:47 PM

389 posts, read 692,163 times
Thanks for your reply! The acne is cystic, so it's usually large hard lumps under my skin that are very painful (like what you described), which can last for weeks or months, and a lot of the time it doesn't even seem like there's any pus in there! I'll lance it and only blood will come out!

I already use Cetaphil, change my pillow cases often, and do a pretty good job keeping my face clean.

I pretty much only get acne on my neck and face, sometimes small pimples (unlike the severe ones on my face) elsewhere.

Old 01-04-2014, 07:52 AM

7,115 posts, read 12,654,276 times
As a teenager with occasional cystic acne, I was told to eliminate sodas, most sugary foods and greasy foods such as pizza, cheesesteaks, chips. It helped a lot.

Old 01-04-2014, 11:30 AM

10,364 posts, read 20,788,709 times
Have you looked into the possibility that it might be rosacea? Those are the kind of pimples you get with R.

Old 01-06-2014, 08:10 AM

2 posts, read 10,336 times
Proper kind of skin care is needed. Apply topical acne treatment after washing. There are many popular type of acne medications that are meant to be applied to dry skin after washing, such as Oxy, and Clearasil. Look for products containing 2.5% to 10% benzoyl peroxide, which is an acne fighting agent. Use acne scrubs during the day. People that are prove to get acne on the chin and jawline usually have very oily skin, which means clogging can occur during the day as oils collect on the skin. Acne scrubs are small, somewhat abrasive pads, which are often medicated with a bit of benzoyl peroxide or other acne fighting agent. Get prescription acne medication. If your acne problem persists for several months despite routinely following the first four steps, you should visit a dermatologist for special. Cystic acne (acne with large noticeable pimples that tend to leave scars) on the neck and jawline often occurs in adults can be very difficult to get rid of with conventional means. I had the same problem but in a more severe way. I'm settled in Toronto area and i consulted a Doc from Fairview clinic, Toronto. Started using a cream specified by my doc. This type of acne is prevalent in adult women experiencing hormonal imbalances due to the menstrual cycle and child bearing. Stress and the use of cosmetics can also contribute to the formation of severe acne. Prescription acne medication can come in topical and oral antibiotic forms, and it is much more powerful than over-the-counter treatments.

Old 01-15-2014, 03:02 PM

1 posts, read 9,461 times
hi there are many different treatments for acne as you are well aware and time is also a factor in it clearing up
i also agree with stepka that it could be rosacea which is more common in the older person
from personal experience i found teracycline helpful which was perscribed

Old 01-25-2014, 01:12 PM

740 posts, read 1,973,052 times
Look into the sap of the croton lechleri tree. It is called sangre de drago, sangre de grado or dragon's blood in English. It is one of the, if not the most powerful remedy for any skin condition especially acne. I was introduced to it during my 3 years of Ecuador and Peru. In addition to its topical uses, it can be used internally for stomach ailments, especially intestinal and stomach ulcers.

Friends of mine use it as a facial masque to great affect. It tightens your skin and it is a natural antibiotic, anti fungal and antiviral. It literally saved my life while out in the jungle on a gold prospecting trip when i had a severe case of amebic dysentery.

If you buy some, let me know how it goes. People make soap out of it as well.

AA

Old 01-25-2014, 01:14 PM

659 posts, read 1,172,284 times
Cleansing with a solution of Tea Tree in water and moisturizing with organic Cold press Olive Oil or Coconut oil

Vegetarian Diet

Old 01-28-2014, 05:06 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsMe123 View Post
I suffer from (oftentimes symmetrical) acne on my jawline, chin and cheeks. From everything I've read, I'm pretty positive it's hormonal, especially since I'm 30 years old. I've had acne since I was 16 but have only had it specifically in the areas mentioned for a few years. I tried Minocycline in my mid 20s which cleared my skin almost immediately, but I had to get off it a couple months later due to a reaction, and the acne came right back. I have considered that I might have PCOS except for the fact I have normal periods, don't have excessive body hair, thinning of head hair, etc, so I don't believe that's the cause. I'd like to try a natural treatment, but am not sure what. I'd like to avoid going on birth control.

Any suggestions? TIA!!!
My daughter has severe acne in her early 20's, she tried a lot of remedies that didnt work, ultimately she gave up dairy products and the acne disappeared and has never returned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine