U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 09:55 AM

12,542 posts, read 11,717,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessaka View Post
When buying products from farm supply you must remember that they are made for horses, not humans, and so they may say that they are not up to FDA standards for humans, but you must also know that they are used on thoroughbred horses and are not really harmful. I know because I have been using them for 20 years. I even use DMSO from a farm supply. Of course, DMSO for pain and injuries should be read up on on the Internet because you have to put it on clean, dry skin and not allow anything to touch it until it dries, not even clothing. And then it will also turn red and burn for 20 minutes, but that is only a discomfort problem. I have used it for over 25 years.
Hey Jessica, look at this.

DMSO,Dmso Cream,Dmso Gel,Liquid Dmso,Dmso Roll on,Dmso with Aloe Vera,Pure Dmso,Buy Dmso

DMSO's basic medical properties are:

DMSO is a rapidly absorbed skin penetrant, with the ability to carry other substances through membranes it acts as an anti-inflammatory agent. DMSO is a cryoprotective agent, protecting frozen tissue. DMSO is a potent anti-oxidant, scavenging the highly reactive molecules that contribute to disease and aging, known as free radicals.

* DMSO - reduces pain and swelling
* DMSO- acts as an anti-oxidant
* DMSO- forms a water molecule in the body which is easily excreted
* DMSO - acts as a free radical scavenger
* DMSO - reduces arthritis pain and swelling, helps carpal tunnel
* DMSO - used for cystitis
* DMSO- used for brain and spinal cord injuries in Europe
* DMSO- biggest drawback is the odor which can be dissipated with aloe and mint flavor
* DMSO - used for insect bites, acne, neuritis, neuralgia and shingles
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2007, 10:05 AM

Quote:
When buying products from farm supply you must remember that they are made for horses, not humans, and so they may say that they are not up to FDA standards for humans, but you must also know that they are used on thoroughbred horses and are not really harmful. I know because I have been using them for 20 years. I even use DMSO from a farm supply. Of course, DMSO for pain and injuries should be read up on on the Internet because you have to put it on clean, dry skin and not allow anything to touch it until it dries, not even clothing. And then it will also turn red and burn for 20 minutes, but that is only a discomfort problem. I have used it for over 25 years.
What is the brand/product name for the DMSO from the farm supply?
Thanks,

Old 12-01-2007, 06:19 PM

4,299 posts, read 3,964,793 times
Deep pressure into the trigger point for 1 minute will help release it. You could use your thumb, or use a device called a knobbler.......basically a wooden stick with a ball on the end.
For self treatment of trigger points on upper trunk, use a cane or umbrella. Over your shoulder place the handle on the point and pull the handle forward to put the pressure on the point. You'll get some weird sensations, electric type zinging. If you wait a minute, it will start to relax.

Last edited by NSHL10; 12-01-2007 at 06:20 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 12-02-2007, 04:52 AM

4,137 posts, read 9,956,718 times
I used to buy DMSO from a health food store but it didn't work very well. I then went to farm supply and it is stronger. The brand I have just says DMSO, distributed by FWI,Tulsa, OK. So what you want to look for is 99% Purity, 90% by volume. I think those at the heath food stores are watered down more, which is probably why they don't work. They don't even make my skin red. I was introduced to it back in 1981 by the holistic health doctor that I was working for, and so have used it ever since.

Great post Miborn. I upped your rep.

Old 12-02-2007, 09:28 AM

7,479 posts, read 11,009,555 times
I was introduced to DMSO in 1981 when my back went out due to some very tight muscles pulling my spine out of alignment. If I remember correctly, the nurse who administered it first rubbed an herbal concoction of some sort on the muscle then applied the DMSO to draw the herbal concoction deeper into the muscle. It worked like a charm ( I don't know where she got the DMSO ). I've used DMSO on several occassions since then, but the effects were not as noticable. Perhaps it is as Jessaka surmises, that the health food brands are watered down versions of the real thing.

I think the vets have access to better medicines than we humans obtain from physicians. About 12 years ago I had a dog bite that required 12 stitches. The doctor gave me an ointment to keep it from getting infected. Nonetheless, it got infected anyway. A friend of mine who worked witha vet, handed me some ointement, saying this will work, this is what we use with horses. It cleared the infection up in a matter of hours. I've also heard that only the cream of the crop of med school applicants are accepted into vet school. The animals get the really good doctors and we humans get the leftovers.

blessings...Franco

Old 12-02-2007, 09:34 AM

Quote:
I used to buy DMSO from a health food store but it didn't work very well. I then went to farm supply and it is stronger. The brand I have just says DMSO, distributed by FWI,Tulsa, OK. So what you want to look for is 99% Purity, 90% by volume. I think those at the heath food stores are watered down more, which is probably why they don't work. They don't even make my skin red. I was introduced to it back in 1981 by the holistic health doctor that I was working for, and so have used it ever since.

Great post Miborn. I upped your rep.
Thank you!
I have horses again and would like to have this on hand so I will look through the catalogs I have and I will have to check ingredients. Sounds like a GREAT product.
I wondered about the strength of the animal kind to the human health food store kind. But I thought that if someone could not get it or know a farm store it would be better than nothing.

Old 12-02-2007, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewAgeRedneck View Post
I was introduced to DMSO in 1981 when my back went out due to some very tight muscles pulling my spine out of alignment. If I remember correctly, the nurse who administered it first rubbed an herbal concoction of some sort on the muscle then applied the DMSO to draw the herbal concoction deeper into the muscle. It worked like a charm ( I don't know where she got the DMSO ). I've used DMSO on several occassions since then, but the effects were not as noticable. Perhaps it is as Jessaka surmises, that the health food brands are watered down versions of the real thing.

I think the vets have access to better medicines than we humans obtain from physicians. About 12 years ago I had a dog bite that required 12 stitches. The doctor gave me an ointment to keep it from getting infected. Nonetheless, it got infected anyway. A friend of mine who worked witha vet, handed me some ointement, saying this will work, this is what we use with horses. It cleared the infection up in a matter of hours. I've also heard that only the cream of the crop of med school applicants are accepted into vet school. The animals get the really good doctors and we humans get the leftovers.

blessings...Franco
I do wonder about some of the Dr.'s I have had the pleasure to be a patient of if they should even be a Dr.
All I can say is that I LOVE my Vet!

Old 12-02-2007, 09:53 AM

I had a health food store brand for a long time, and it just didn't work. i had tennis elbow again from weeding the garden. so i gave up and went to farm supply otherwise known as feed and grain in phone book. it cured it fast. When I worked for a holistic doctor it was pretty strong then because we got 100 percent DMSO from some company, and then diluted it with distilled water, which is what you have to use, because you don't want any water from the tap or even spring water with it. At farm supply they have it as a roll on but i think they have the other too, especially if you have horses.

Hmmm, RedNeck, I think I will look at farm supply for an ointment like that. Stuff I buy never gets rid of infections for me, and I have tried everything.

I was told at a farm supply that many people that have horse buy big-oil and then put dmso on top. I would be afraid to do that because I don't wnat that into my blood stream, that is, the big-oil. It may not harm, but I just don't know. Be nice to have that herbal remedy.

Old 12-19-2007, 02:37 AM

139 posts, read 321,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewAgeRedneck View Post

blessings...Franco
On the infection, i had a terrible infection from a very bad sunburn,(fell asleep , in sun, my then infant Son was with me and i took great care of him,he had no issues.) I had a cast removed from a broken left foot, and the Orthodpedic DOc, was shocked at the leg above and ran and got some Silver Creme, this is usually by prescription,IT worked immediately, the burn pain was gone and i felt the Silver Creme penetrate and was 100% by the next day, the Doc said i was very lucky, I felt foolish, and suffered for days before- but i swear by the SIlver creme, and i recomend to have some on hand in case of a bad burn or infection. ALso thanks for the Feed supply tips.

Old 12-19-2007, 05:30 AM

As far as muscle knots go, I think there is nothing better than going to a physical therapist or the like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine