Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2007, 07:38 AM

7,841 posts, read 18,999,002 times

Advertisements

SIMPLE HOME REMEDIES THAT REALLY WORK

1. If you are choking on an ice cube simply pour a cup of boiling water down your throat. Presto! The blockage will instantly remove itself.

2. Avoid cutting yourself slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold while you chop.

3. Avoid arguments with the Mrs. about lifting the toilet seat by using the sink.

4. For high blood pressure sufferers: simply cut yourself and bleed for a few minutes, thus reducing the pressure in your veins. Remember to use a timer.

5. A mouse trap, placed on top of your alarm clock, will prevent you from rolling over and going back to sleep after you hit the snooze button.

6. If you have a bad cough, take a large dose of laxatives, then you will be afraid to cough.

7. You only need two tools in life - WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.

8. Remember: Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.

blessings....Franco
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2007, 11:22 AM

2,489 posts, read 8,177,255 times
Hehehe - Love it! But.....You might want to put a disclaimer on it just in case someone actually believes and tries #1 or #4

Old 12-15-2007, 06:46 AM

1,224 posts, read 3,374,593 times
Funny!!! As for the high blood pressure one, every one in my family notices (seriously she has to moiter hers so when she does it she makes every one do it)that there blood pressure goes up when visting my Mom. The poor lady means well, Just think of the Mom from Everyone loves Raymond. My DH just said we should bring duct tape to the next visitwith her.

Old 12-15-2007, 07:20 AM

2,071 posts, read 12,017,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleleigh View Post
Funny!!! As for the high blood pressure one, every one in my family notices (seriously she has to moiter hers so when she does it she makes every one do it)that there blood pressure goes up when visting my Mom. The poor lady means well, Just think of the Mom from Everyone loves Raymond. My DH just said we should bring duct tape to the next visitwith her.

Duct tape to the next visit with mom. I'm still laughing

Paula

Old 02-26-2019, 11:49 AM

233 posts, read 155,441 times
Default home remedy for blood pressure

Simple, just daily exercise, will help to burn off the cortisol in the blood...and you don't have to kill yourself in the process, just a 20 min walk or calisthenics, or dancing will help.

Old 02-26-2019, 12:02 PM

10,233 posts, read 6,319,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennywally51 View Post
Simple, just daily exercise, will help to burn off the cortisol in the blood...and you don't have to kill yourself in the process, just a 20 min walk or calisthenics, or dancing will help.

When my husband had his first heart attack, his Cardiologist said to him he needed to get out of bed in the hospital and exercise. "It can be walking around this room all day." "You do not need a GYM".

Yeah, just MOVE. You do not need to go to a gym. Never been to a gym in all my 70 years, before or after retirement. My JOB was my physical exercise before, and now, going up and down stairs carrying vacuum cleaner, laundry, climbing on counter tops to clean my cabinets, etc., etc., is my gym today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine