Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2016, 10:00 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,545,482 times

Advertisements

If regular treatments aren't working it could be Fungal Sinusitis. As gross as it sounds it's a mold in your nose. What works well is salt water. The salt kills the mold. Just start snorting warm salt water for a week or two a couple times a day and see if you see an improvement.
Grape seed sounds like a winner as well.
Here is a link to some great natural treatments and probiotics for your nose and fungi.
Sinus Infections And Candida: Are They Linked? » The Candida Diet
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2016, 05:17 PM

4,374 posts, read 11,176,188 times
Thanks, I'm now taking SF22 by Thorne which is an anti-fungal!

Old 02-02-2016, 05:21 PM

11,188 posts, read 19,350,872 times
Raw Organic Apple Cider Vinegar (Bragg is the only brand I know of) one tablespoon in a glass of water, up to three times a day.
It's a wonderful anti-inflammatory. And, if you have arthritis, you will find it helps that, too.

Changed my life. No more sinus infections in winter.

If you can eat it (I cannot, I have an allergy to honey) add a teaspoon or two of honey to the glass. Use raw local honey for best results.

Both are anti-fungal and anti bacterial

Old 02-04-2016, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post
Raw Organic Apple Cider Vinegar (Bragg is the only brand I know of) one tablespoon in a glass of water, up to three times a day.
It's a wonderful anti-inflammatory. And, if you have arthritis, you will find it helps that, too.

Changed my life. No more sinus infections in winter.

If you can eat it (I cannot, I have an allergy to honey) add a teaspoon or two of honey to the glass. Use raw local honey for best results.

Both are anti-fungal and anti bacterial
I'll get on that one. I already use Bragg for so many things externally. Great stuff!

Old 02-04-2016, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventuregurl View Post
Thanks, I'm now taking SF22 by Thorne which is an anti-fungal!
That's good. Eat the yogurt and raw garlic as well, or find a good probiotic if you don't already use one.
I've not taken SF22, but I hear it works well, just takes awhile. Chop up the raw garlic and put it in a salad or add it to pasta after it's done. You want it as raw as you can get for it to work against fungi.

I hope it kicks it for you.

Last edited by PoppySead; 02-04-2016 at 07:17 AM..

Old 02-14-2016, 11:45 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,419,172 times
Quote:
I have started getting 2 sinus infections per year over the last 3 years after never having them in my life. The weird part is mine are different ~ I don't get any mucous, or VERY little if I do, but I have this massive pressure way in the middle of my head.

The only thing that relieves the pressure is Sudafed, I've tried others that are better for you. Unfortunately they use it to make meth or something of that nature so you have to buy it from the pharmacist and fill forms and show id .

I have a Neil Med, nettie pot alternative, and I have Nasonex too.

Just wondering how I can stop this, it really makes me feel crappy!
Just to throw something out there that only took me most of my life to figure out......I wonder if you are perhaps getting a Migraine headache, not a sinus headache?

Study: Most Sinus Headaches Are Migraines - ABC News

"Closer scrutiny of the 2,524 subjects in the study found that their physician-diagnosed or self-described sinus headaches were migraine-type headaches a full 90 percent of the time."

Count me in this group. For the longest time, I thought I had sinus headaches now and then but it makes sense now they are migraines, not sinus headaches, at least in my case. What triggers mine the vast majority of the time? Weather systems moving in that change the barometric pressure. Took me a long, long time to figure out the connection but it's obvious now. I don't get them often and they aren't horribly painful compared to what some others get but they sure mimic a sinus headache to a "T". And they are not pleasant.

Old 02-15-2016, 06:00 AM

1,309 posts, read 1,692,874 times
when I moved back to NJ from Texas at age 45 I started getting sinus infections for the first time in my life.
I never knew how awful they were til I got them. The pressure! omg, and my teeth hurt.

After suffering horribly from them (even missing work) I happened to hear on the radio that sinus infection was caused by a depressed immune system.

So - every time I felt a sinus attack coming on, I took Esberitox - which is a super-charged form of
echinacae, an immune booster.

I haven't had any sinus trouble in decades.

Hope you find something that works for you.
I have heard good things about the Neti pot, have not used it.

(don't mean this as an ad for a particular company- but to link you to the product, it can be found in almost any vitamin site)
Enzymatic Therapy, Inc. - Immune

Quote:
I have started getting 2 sinus infections per year over the last 3 years after never having them in my life. The weird part is mine are different ~ I don't get any mucous, or VERY little if I do, but I have this massive pressure way in the middle of my head.

The only thing that relieves the pressure is Sudafed, I've tried others that are better for you. Unfortunately they use it to make meth or something of that nature so you have to buy it from the pharmacist and fill forms and show id .

I have a Neil Med, nettie pot alternative, and I have Nasonex too.

Just wondering how I can stop this, it really makes me feel crappy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine