Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2016, 03:44 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,662,436 times

Advertisements

This is taken from a previous post by jamin about Montel Williams. Montel Williams: Living With MS | Lifescript.com

"Instead of letting MS control my life, I work to control my disease with healthy eating, exercise and [medication] injections."

And I posted this about Anne Romney who also has MS. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ann_Romney

She initially used corticosteroids, including intravenously, and credited them with helping stop the progression of the disease. She then dropped them and other medications due to counterproductive side effects. She has partaken of reflexology, acupuncture, and craniosacral therapy, and has said, "There is huge merit in both Eastern and Western medicine, and I've taken a little bit from both."

So it seems that both of these people who are dealing successfully with MS are using bits of both mainstream medicine and alternative medicine. That's how it SHOULD work, I believe. Use the mainstream for what it can do, mostly short term, and use the alternative for what it can do, mostly in the long run, to keep you healthy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2016, 03:53 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,733,896 times
A little update on my former neighbor. She is challenged with relapse remission MS. I believe my sister's challenge is primary progressive. They are both 68. And both got unsure dx in their 20's.

My friend has been taking LDN now for probably 7-8 yrs when I told her about it...she believes it helps her to keep walking otherwise the legs get like noodles as she said. She ended up a tumor a couple yrs ago and with surgery etc..she found herself off the LDN and her walking was worsening...she was off LDN about 3 months and went back on the it's made all the difference with her walking.

I just spent almost an hour on the phone with Val to catch up. She's also broken her hip and had to have a partial hip replacement, she is doing good and didn't have the prototocol I had which has left me with my mess, the anterior.

So for this friend LDN is helping her to keep walking and have stronger legs.

I still contend, get rid of sugars/carbs as much as one will or can. Be aware.

Old 06-21-2016, 03:53 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,821,209 times
I'm out of ammo for Reps, but what InNewEngland said x10000!
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-21-2016, 04:54 PM

Here is a good overview on LDN, even indicated for RA:

https://www.verywell.com/low-dose-na...erosis-2440888

Old 06-24-2016, 07:17 AM

194 posts, read 251,998 times
LDN may be of help Pilot trial of low-dose naltrexone and quality of life in multiple sclerosis. - PubMed - NCBI and if sativex gets approved by the FDA then this too GWPharma - Patient Information

Old 06-24-2016, 08:06 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,276,315 times
Just weaned off Tecfidera. Made me feel pretty good mentally, but boy howdy my guts couldn't take another day of that stuff. I did 5 months, that's a solid attempt, and it just wasn't worth. My GP has recommended LDN and that's going to be my next try. Makes me pleased to see the people having a good experience with it.

Old 10-09-2017, 07:30 PM

Since I started this thread my dear loved one died late last year. Lost the battle in spite of the bombardment of pricey pharma drugs. I often think/believe she went down hill due to all the drugs.

https://www.healthline.com/health/mu...iple-sclerosis

Wonder how many of the above her high priced MD's had her take...Vit D I know that.

Old 10-09-2017, 08:12 PM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,276,315 times
Really sorry to hear about your loved one, jaminhealth. I don't doubt your take on it.

I'm more than a year in to the LDN now and it's been the best year I can remember since I got sick. I'm working part time and that's amazing when I think where I was a couple years ago. I have been in several relationships which I had all but given up hope of ever having another one. I feel wonderful, sharp and with more energy than I've had in years. I did have a small attack involving optic neuritis in Feb but I think that had more to do with me over extending myself because I've been feeling so good than it did anything else. I'm on board the LDN train

Old 10-09-2017, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
Really sorry to hear about your loved one, jaminhealth. I don't doubt your take on it.

I'm more than a year in to the LDN now and it's been the best year I can remember since I got sick. I'm working part time and that's amazing when I think where I was a couple years ago. I have been in several relationships which I had all but given up hope of ever having another one. I feel wonderful, sharp and with more energy than I've had in years. I did have a small attack involving optic neuritis in Feb but I think that had more to do with me over extending myself because I've been feeling so good than it did anything else. I'm on board the LDN train
Great news from you and thanks for the report. How I wanted my sister to try LDN and she did not. Sad, it could have helped her. The link I posted has so many supps that can help MS.

Old 10-09-2017, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
My sister was diagnosed with MS. The doctor is always pushing her to take those drugs you speak of, she is at poverty level and I don't even know if Medicare would pay for that. So far, she has refused, and is doing OK. I have convinced her to improve her diet and she is doing much better. She needs to lose weight, but at least her health has not gotten worse.
Re-reading this thread and wonder how your sister is doing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine