Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2016, 09:50 AM

706 posts, read 756,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by =^..^= View Post
I had a complete blood workup last Nov and nothing toxic was found. No deficiencies or excesses of anything. Kidney and liver values perfect.... I'm 72 yrs old. Despite that fact cancer has come back after 6 years. I am now getting radiation as it came back in my pelvic bone as metastasized cancer often does.
I'm afraid that conventional medical testing is often lacking. They have no good way of measuring whole-body sufficiencies. They can only measure the levels in blood, and that's not really a good indicator since things like magnesium and sulfur are found (and needed) by many parts of the body besides the bloodstream. They don't even have proper testing at all for iodine deficiency--which is a big problem since that's a key nutrient we need to ward off cancer.

Cancer usually comes back because of the conventional treatments. Chemo and radiation are highly carcinogenic, plus they don't usually get everything (like the stem cells). I'm very sorry to hear about your situation. I hope it resolves soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2016, 12:07 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,728,168 times
I see only integrative MD's and in 2005 I had a complete mineral panel done, it cost me, and everything showed up and even the toxins like mercury, arsenic etc.

My weak areas were manganese, vanadium and molybdenum. Mercury was the highest toxin. Then arsenic and lead and cadmium was lowest.

This was in 2005 and who knows where my levels are today. I do my best and hopefully the iodine will help things more. Iodine was not included in this mineral panel.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 06-04-2016 at 12:54 PM..

Old 06-04-2016, 12:31 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,654,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedomdove View Post
I think the biggest problem is that we are being inundated with toxins and our bodies can't always keep up. There are thousands of untested and possibly unsafe chemicals in our personal care products, cleaning products, and foods. We weren't actually designed to handle everything that's thrown at us nowadays. When our bodies become deficient in key nutrients, then it can't do its job of cleaning up. Those nutrients help chelate toxins and heavy metals. So we have a double whammy: our agriculture system is broken and doesn't nourish us (just feeds us) so we have rampant deficiencies, and then on top of that are the extra toxins in today's world. Add a few pathogens into the mix and our bodies are even more burdened.

I'm a really good example of what occurs when the body breaks, and what can be done without conventional oncology. I'm only in my 40s and have needed to treat myself for cancer for a few years now. I'm able to keep everything under control without chemo and radiation, just by walking the walk. I'm taking care of my deficiencies, I've eliminated as many endocrine disruptors as possible, and I'm filling the nutritional void with supplements that nourish my body. I'm not one for colonics or anything like that, so I choose to push out the toxins in other ways.
Yes, there are all sorts of synthetic chemicals today that make you wonder how/if our bodies are keeping up with them. Cleaning products and gardening products come to mind.

My husband and I are "older" and he always worked on cars. Leaded gas was in use in the UK for years after it was banned over here. (He is English.) Then, also, many children back then were exposed to lead in paint, by eating the paint chips. Leaded paint has been banned now. Since his doctor mentioned that he had high levels of lead and never did anything about it, I think I will ASK next time. I think what I dread is that he will say that something can be done but the cost would be astronomical.

The liver is supposed to keep up with the detoxification process but my doctor told me that you can have liver damage long before it will show up on any test.

Old 06-04-2016, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Yes, there are all sorts of synthetic chemicals today that make you wonder how/if our bodies are keeping up with them. Cleaning products and gardening products come to mind.

My husband and I are "older" and he always worked on cars. Leaded gas was in use in the UK for years after it was banned over here. (He is English.) Then, also, many children back then were exposed to lead in paint, by eating the paint chips. Leaded paint has been banned now. Since his doctor mentioned that he had high levels of lead and never did anything about it, I think I will ASK next time. I think what I dread is that he will say that something can be done but the cost would be astronomical.

The liver is supposed to keep up with the detoxification process but my doctor told me that you can have liver damage long before it will show up on any test.
I'm not sure how much it costs to do clinical chelation. Probably less in Mexico, if you can find a high-quality clinic.

Old 06-07-2016, 12:18 AM

7,201 posts, read 14,983,104 times
Quote:
I think the biggest problem is that we are being inundated with toxins and our bodies can't always keep up. There are thousands of untested and possibly unsafe chemicals in our personal care products, cleaning products, and foods. We weren't actually designed to handle everything that's thrown at us nowadays.
I agree with this to a point.

Quote:
When our bodies become deficient in key nutrients, then it can't do its job of cleaning up. Those nutrients help chelate toxins and heavy metals. So we have a double whammy: our agriculture system is broken and doesn't nourish us (just feeds us) so we have rampant deficiencies,
Here is where you are wrong. When a human or animal (or even a plant) suffers from "rampant deficiencies" it becomes apparent soon enough. You will sicken, feel horrible. If you feel the food that keeps others healthy isn't nourishing YOU, then switch to all organic foods. They're easy enough to find most places.

Quote:
....and then on top of that are the extra toxins in today's world. Add a few pathogens into the mix and our bodies are even more burdened.

I'm a really good example of what occurs when the body breaks, and what can be done without conventional oncology. I'm only in my 40s and have needed to treat myself for cancer for a few years now.
But you do not know if you truly have cancer, where it is and what kind it is. You have no idea what you are actually treating.

Quote:
I'm able to keep everything under control without chemo and radiation, just by walking the walk. I'm taking care of my deficiencies,
What deficiencies did you have as shown by scientific testing? Or are you just guessing? I really want to know.

Quote:
I've eliminated as many endocrine disruptors as possible, and I'm filling the nutritional void with supplements that nourish my body. I'm not one for colonics or anything like that, so I choose to push out the toxins in other ways.
Did you recently post that supplements don't take the place of the "real" nutrients... or was that someone elses claim? Supplements don't remove heavy metals if that's what you mean by toxins. If you are basically healthy and eat a good diet, are not terribly obese and get exercise, your liver and kidneys will take care of breaking down and removing toxins you take in each day.

Old 06-07-2016, 12:35 AM

[quote=freedomdove;44294435]I'm afraid that conventional medical testing is often lacking. They have no good way of measuring whole-body sufficiencies. They can only measure the levels in blood, and that's not really a good indicator since things like magnesium and sulfur are found (and needed) by many parts of the body besides the bloodstream. They don't even have proper testing at all for iodine deficiency--which is a big problem since that's a key nutrient we need to ward off cancer. [quote]

Lack of iodine causes goiter. If a person is free of goiter, they wont be lacking iodine. I get plenty as I use iodized salt. Too much iodine isn't healthy either.

Quote:
Cancer usually comes back because of the conventional treatments. Chemo and radiation are highly carcinogenic, plus they don't usually get everything (like the stem cells). I'm very sorry to hear about your situation. I hope it resolves soon.
Cancer comes back because it metastasizes. No radiation or chemo can get every last cell. Cancer fools the immune system into thinking it's OK for it to be there. The immune system ignores the cancer cells. It's known that a few cells can lay dormant for many years, then suddenly they start to grow again as mine did. One day they will know why this happens. Or why it happens with some people and some cancers, and not others.

Chemo or radiation (the kind that treat cancer) isn't want causes the original cancers in people. Perhaps exposure in some other way caused the original tumors. A lot has been learned about cancer in the past 20 years. Complicating the issue is cancer is not one disease but many.

Old 06-07-2016, 12:37 AM

Quote:
I'm not sure how much it costs to do clinical chelation. Probably less in Mexico, if you can find a high-quality clinic.
If he's now in the USA he is required to have Obamacare aka ACA. That would cover the cost.

Old 06-07-2016, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Here is where you are wrong. When a human or animal (or even a plant) suffers from "rampant deficiencies" it becomes apparent soon enough. You will sicken, feel horrible. If you feel the food that keeps others healthy isn't nourishing YOU, then switch to all organic foods. They're easy enough to find most places.
Do you not understand how many people are "sick"? They just don't advertise it to you. The amount of prescriptions filled in this world is ridiculously high--some of them can be eliminated if people were to truly take care of nutritional deficiencies.

I *have* switched to all organic foods, with the exception of eating out once in a while. I encourage everyone to do so in order to avoid GMOs and pesticides, and to at least have a small chance of getting enough nutrition from their food.

Quote:
But you do not know if you truly have cancer, where it is and what kind it is. You have no idea what you are actually treating.
This again? Lol.

Look, I don't care *what* you think of the Navarro test. Prove it wrong instead of continuing to insist that I don't know if I "truly" have cancer. "Where it is" and "what kind it is" are the same thing, and I already stated that it does *NOT* usually matter where it is unless it's in a critical area such as the brain or spine. Cancer is cancer, and should obviously be dealt with no matter where it is in the body. Why does that bother you so much that you feel the need to keep repeating it?

Quote:
What deficiencies did you have as shown by scientific testing? Or are you just guessing? I really want to know.
Unfortunately, modern conventional testing doesn't give a good indication of whole body sufficiency, so people are mostly left to go by symptoms. I get my vitamin D tested because it's a decent test. Magnesium testing is irrelevant, and no conventional doctor has good iodine tests. I don't have a ton of money for testing, so I go by symptoms, for the most part. If something makes me feel worse, I stop it. If better, I continue. It really is simple...

Quote:
Did you recently post that supplements don't take the place of the "real" nutrients... or was that someone elses claim?
Nope, wasn't me. I do feel that the majority of our nutrition should come from our food, but conditions are rarely that ideal, IMO. I know I don't get enough nutrition from the food I eat. I don't eat all that much food. And I don't like "green smoothies". So yeah, a lot of my nutrition comes in the form of whole-food supplements. I encapsulate my green powder and whey protein, and anything else that I feel necessary/helpful.

Quote:
Supplements don't remove heavy metals if that's what you mean by toxins.
Well, that's incorrect. There are a few things one can take that help with chelation, including minerals like MSM and iodine and selenium.

Quote:
If you are basically healthy and eat a good diet, are not terribly obese and get exercise, your liver and kidneys will take care of breaking down and removing toxins you take in each day.
How many people do you know who *actually* fit into that category? Most people eat worse than I do and are on at least one scrip.

Old 06-07-2016, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I'm afraid that conventional medical testing is often lacking. They have no good way of measuring whole-body sufficiencies. They can only measure the levels in blood, and that's not really a good indicator since things like magnesium and sulfur are found (and needed) by many parts of the body besides the bloodstream. They don't even have proper testing at all for iodine deficiency--which is a big problem since that's a key nutrient we need to ward off cancer.
Lack of iodine causes goiter. If a person is free of goiter, they wont be lacking iodine. I get plenty as I use iodized salt. Too much iodine isn't healthy either.
Most people have been told that they should reduce their salt intake, so they aren't even getting that piddly amount. On top of that, the iodine evaporates out so you aren't actually getting that much from the salt. Additionally, goiter is definitely not the only condition related to iodine deficiency; it's probably just the most noticeable. The amounts needed for goiter prevention aren't enough to fill the needs of the rest of our body. Just do research on iodine deficiency. There are several doctors who have written about it and have medical research to back up their statements.

You're right that too much iodine isn't healthy either, but the RDA is *way* too low for iodine, so most people don't have to worry about getting too much if they're not actively supplementing.

Quote:
Cancer comes back because it metastasizes. No radiation or chemo can get every last cell. Cancer fools the immune system into thinking it's OK for it to be there. The immune system ignores the cancer cells. It's known that a few cells can lay dormant for many years, then suddenly they start to grow again as mine did. One day they will know why this happens. Or why it happens with some people and some cancers, and not others.
Yep, it's called stem cells, and conventional treatments have thus far failed to address the issue.

Quote:
Chemo or radiation (the kind that treat cancer) isn't want causes the original cancers in people. Perhaps exposure in some other way caused the original tumors. A lot has been learned about cancer in the past 20 years. Complicating the issue is cancer is not one disease but many.
I didn't say that chemo or radiation causes original cancers in people. Where did I say that? You talked about cancer *coming back*. That was what I was addressing. Chemo and radiation as treatments *do* increase your risk for secondary cancers, which is another problem the establishment can't fix.

Old 05-09-2017, 04:39 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,728,168 times
The importance of potassium. And those 14 yrs up "should" be getting 4700mg daily. This reminder arrived today:

Pictures: Why You Need Potassium
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine